It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are equal to men/men are equal to women. People can be good.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by liejunkie01
To a point.

I let a woman do a mans job. She was a real feminists. She had this complex where a woman is equal to a man.

I had enough of her bs and put her back with the guys throwing these heavy maibags on a conveyor belt. It was her last day because she was too proud to tell me she injured herself.

Dig this and read carefully.

The term "feminist" has had it's definition changed drastically over the course of the last century. The most recent definition does indeed accuse the post-modern feminist of feeling entitled to more than a man does. Genders should be treated equally, and individual's capability to excel beyond or fall behind their peers should determine where they fall into society. Gender roles inhibit this, regardless of which gender plays which role.

So I agree with you 100%

Hay great. And since you do I will confess that I have had male supers make me do harder work because I am bigger and stronger than most males. It makes me feel like an ape....and men complaining along those lines is 10 times more the aggravation to me than women. As well is the "little man syndrome"! Oh lord help me I will take 10 feminsts to one little short guy with a problem about it.!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by salainen

A man can't breastfeed, but some men are still better parents than some women.

Yes, some are, but as a sex, women may be generally more suited for the task. Everyone should be given the same rights, regardless of sex, but overall we will probably find that women will tend to do more of one kind of stuff, whereas men do another kind of stuff.

Not really.

Just stereotypes.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

The "differences" you are speaking of are after-thoughts. We're talking about the "big picture" here, but you're going on about little menial differences that should not be considered when talking about equality.

They're not little menial differences. Seriously, are you just trolling, or do you honestly not see a difference between men and women? They are very different, their anatomy is different, the think different, they act differently. If you want the big-picture, you need to understand that there is a huge difference between men and women. Yes, we should give everyone the same rights. Women should be allowed to vote, men should be allowed to decide with abortion. But should men and women be in the same sports?

I think you are thinking only about men and women being equal in a legal sense, rather than the big picture.

Furthermore, if the "differences" only apply to some individuals, then why should we consider them when discussing the whole?

They don't. Every female's pelvis has a larger angle (aroud 90degrees), than a male (around 50-80degrees). Some women just cope better with that variation than others, and some men just don't use their full potential.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

see - I had to look that up... "snuggies".
Quite an invention it seems for someone who doesn't get out much.

That you are familiar with them heightens my suspicion even more...

Some years ago I had a "Lady"friend who sometimes got arrested for "handing a grown man his ass" if she was in the right mood for a bar brawl. But she could be fun in bed too...
And before you ask - no - I wasn't the "s" in in our D/s relationship.

Being superior to someone in a fight or otherwise is a matter of skills and willpower. And you have to be able to turn the "kill-switch" on.
Some pounds of meat only make a good barbecue.
Male or female.

Ansar

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The problems is, women make men horny and men admit it, and the other way around is not admitted by women.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by salainen

A man can't breastfeed, but some men are still better parents than some women.

Yes, some are, but as a sex, women may be generally more suited for the task. Everyone should be given the same rights, regardless of sex, but overall we will probably find that women will tend to do more of one kind of stuff, whereas men do another kind of stuff.

Not really.

Just stereotypes.

I'm not just talking about stereotypes here. I am saying that there is difference between males and females. Go outside, and observe. You will see that there is a difference. Or look at statistics.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

You are right, emotionally compromised, women lack logic n reason, if your are a Christian you would know that God said that a woman should always be submissive to her man.

Nough said, no matter what it's the truth, but let your emotions think otherwise...

Hold on..... My woman just told me I'm not a man cause I just paided all the bills, gave her a roof over her head... Yet I'm an irresponsible Ass&$@!. Why? Because she's allowing her emotion run wild and is blinded by her "feelings".

She's makes80% less than i do, yet she think she deserves more than me...
The justice system has failed me again giving her more rights than me because sensetive men allow this to happen

Phaggs, thx for ....... Done

Women are not weaker, but trying to be a man does not work! Plain n simple..
edit on 31-3-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

But here comes the trannies to tell me different... Get a real life would ya?
edit on 31-3-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The worst thing that a human being can do is to rationalize that we are all the same. We are not all the same, but saying that doesn't mean you should then jump to how different we are, and try to ostracize someone, or separate them from society. Women, and men, both have distinct advantages and disadvantages based on gender. But, you can't go by gender alone. Each man and woman in this world is a distinct individual, and can often break the mold of what you think is possible for them to do in everyday life.

The generalizations in this thread are mind blowing, and really reflect society today. I think saying that men and women are equal, is about as bad as saying that men can't cook, and women can't defend themselves. Human beings are unique, and amazing individuals. Love that, and embrace the society we all build together.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

The empowerment of the woman was a detriment to the human cause.

That's right. Women are incapable of rational thought, shouldn't be allowed to vote, ought to be forced to stay at home fixing meals for the man of the house.

When will people realize that women are INDIVIDUALS, same as men?

Did i say you,were not an individual?

Did i say what i thought a woman should do?

it is not about voting.

It is about the whole empowermemt thing.

You are not equal. In a court of law the woman holds all the cards to all the decks,for every game.

There are no jobs because we have the all powering woman doing the mans jobs.

our kids are all screwed up because mommy is out working. I know that men are a part of that but.

You women have grown to believe that you run the show, with the exception of a few, there will be a time when the tables are turned again.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by liejunkie01
To a point.

I let a woman do a mans job. She was a real feminists. She had this complex where a woman is equal to a man.

I had enough of her bs and put her back with the guys throwing these heavy maibags on a conveyor belt. It was her last day because she was too proud to tell me she injured herself.

Dig this and read carefully.

The term "feminist" has had it's definition changed drastically over the course of the last century. The most recent definition does indeed accuse the post-modern feminist of feeling entitled to more than a man does. Genders should be treated equally, and individual's capability to excel beyond or fall behind their peers should determine where they fall into society. Gender roles inhibit this, regardless of which gender plays which role.

So I agree with you 100%

At first, back in the day the "feminst" was about getting some things equal and the celebration of the feminine genius, more respect ect. Now days it seems more about how many mens asses she can kick so to say. Dont allow a man to much dignity even though it seems to be the standard they seek to rise to. Even worse now days it to the point of needing to feel good about self, someone to look down on, someone to blame problems on. Men are made fun of like blacks eating watermellon out in the cotton fields. Their weaknesses and short commings are taken ahold of to tear them apart with.

Women would not understand the all consuming fear and self loathing a man may have at the knowlege that he may not be able to satisfy a woman or might be looked down on by his woman for his lack of any number of things. We live in a day where you cant tell a woman she is overweight but you can strip a man down to size in a heartbeat. Thank god most women dont act like this. Still many women need to understand that you cant talk to every man you run into like you do your husband at home. As well you cant come home and use your man as a whiping boy for the frustrations you have out in the world because the sidewalk didnt crouch at her feet, like a dog that begs for sweet. ect ect

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

We are not all the same anymore. what lingers is.. anymore.....

it even echoes.

Anymore.... anymore.

So where did the change suddenly came from? Women... aren't women... anymore? Just a thought.

I am preparing myself for the coming replies. Beware what you say women!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

lol, Angle.
Too bad that other thread of yours got deleted, was finding it valuable/interesting. Setting the stage this time huh.

Not sure where I heard of this author but he has some pretty interesting ideas, seem pretty well thought out and accurate. He does get a lot of flak though, which he expects considering the topic.

The Myth of Male Power: Why Men are the Disposable Sex (Simon and Schuster, 1st Ed., 1993; 2nd Ed., Berkely, 2000) is an internationally best-selling book by Warren Farrell. In the book, Farrell argues that the widespread perception of men having inordinate social and economic power is false, and that men are actually systematically disadvantaged in many ways.

...Farrell contends that this viewpoint creates psychological problems for both sexes: that "men's weakness is their facade of strength; women's strength is their facade of weakness."

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3/31/2013 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I do believe both men and women are equal. However, each society is different in how we treat the opposite sex. In my opinion tough women are very attractive.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

It would Kill a man if he had to give birth.

Oh?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Yep, not attractive, but beautifull. You know, the bible advises to turn your gaze away from attractive women.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Obvious point Luciddream!!

We score.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Yes Men and Women are equal, except...

When men are at court

When Woman gets pregnant

When Men plays at beach with his 5 yr old daughter(hint, only men can be pedophiles)

When a Male Teacher has a "relationship" with female student

When Men gets raped

and on and on and on....

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

You know what liejunkie says about the bible.

I tuned in on this thread to maybe have a really good thought out conversation.

But, i see where you are coming from.

To some, logic is just another word without true meaning.

Have a good life trying to preach your message fellow ats member.

I will leave you alone in your quest, whatever that may be.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Upper body strength comes to mind hard labor isn't possible for the ladies without special conditions or training.Nor do I see them doing it long term like men do. Drudgery is solely mens. I could expound on the emotional factors but they are messed up by cultural training.Men are in places where the emotions must be suppressed in order to survive.I feel women are far more closely tied to them.They sure use them as tools where men suppress them.
Sometimes speech must be curtailed to "yes" or "no" without saying the reason why 85% of the women I have met only do that if they are concealing something.
Cruelty is indeed present in the females but they seem to have trouble letting go of it. It does happen to men too but it's a mental illness to us if it does.
Reason and logic are not mutually recognized facts when asking men and women questions as well ,one has to dissect the perception of the answer.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

This has been echoeing for years now but isn't heard by women when we confront them with that. Then they switch on to 'normal' mode. I don't say all women are the same, but the things luciddream came up with are like stereotype? oh, am I making myself clear here
maybe stereotype isn't the right word. Those things are just absolutely normal when we confront women with that.
(only smiley where head makes a 360° turn.)

I'm just complaining about women who can switch to 'normal'-mode, when I do complain. You know what I mean. We can go on for yeeeaaaaars when that is the topic.

Women, we know what you don't want us to know.
and

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join