It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Changed My Avatar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This used to be my avatar

I picked it because it actually looks a lot like me - hey I got short changed in the looks department.

The other day I saw some stuff from the Louvre on TV, these cherubs:

and I started thinking about how in the art of the Catholic church they represent powerful angelic beings called cherubs as little naked boys. Then I felt ick, so I changed my avatar.

I know the official explanation the RCC gives is that only children were considered pure enough to enter heaven so they represented angels as children, but in this day of mass communication, we know the real reason.

edit on 31/3/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Have you forgotten that you creaed an exact same thread a couple of days ago?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

GLITCH IN THE MATRIX

>>>>Nothing to see here, move along>>>>

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Nudity in religious art usually depicts innocence and implies they are without sin.

Think Adam and Eve and the sinfulness they committed against God....quickly thereafter clothing themselves....maybe an attempt to hide from themselves and what they have done....

Those photos you posted (last one) is a beautiful in composition, expression, light and shadow.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

What do you mean? No I didn't.

Hmmm, did you read that post about multiple universes?
EvidenceFor Parallel Universes
Seamus has been experiencing some heavy #, are you sure this hasn't happened to you too?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Nudity in religious art usually depicts innocence and implies they are without sin.

Think Adam and Eve and the sinfulness they committed against God....quickly thereafter clothing themselves....maybe an attempt to hide from themselves and what they have done....

Those photos you posted (last one) is a beautiful in composition, expression, light and shadow.

Yes, I know that is the official reason but.... lets just say my BS radar is buzzing.

Re Adam and Eve, the way the story is related in Genesis shows what happens when a person sins. When a person sins they see in themselves something they don't like. They then push away God and their fellow because they don't like themselves so they don't think others should not like them too. They hide away from them, just like Adam hid from God, and they blame everybody else, just like Adam blamed God and Eve in the same breath. Of course we have developed sophisticated ways to do all that, clothes being one way of hiding from our fellows.

I agree that last photo is beautiful, the left eye has been lit just right so that you can see a bottom lid and pupil, the whole thing is made from white marble but it looks so real, so much so that I wonder if the photographer got the angle just so or if it has been photo shopped.

edit on 31/3/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

OK, OK I did, did I have you going for a while?

It got put in the trash because I deleted the photos from my uploads folder and the photos were no longer viewable in the post and so it didn't make sense. And I think you said it should have been in chit chat so I reposted it here.

new topics

top topics

join