It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NK, and Iran. The ace up their sleeve.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

There is no way in hell the Americans would give up South Korea and to think that Obama would pull out of Iraq just to hand it over to Iran and let all our effort and soldiers die in vain? He would get assassinated faster than JFK. That doesn't seem plausible either even if weakling Obama wanted to pull back TPTB couldn't allow him to do that, It's their game after all.

We moved INTO Iraq for a reason we are IN South Korea for a reason. There is no turning back willfully. Ever closer to their 'checkmate'.

How close will China and Russia let us get to checkmate before tensions flare with them? I think the economic web will override the governmental differences in the end......at least I hope. So far it is looking this way. I think China and Russia are learning to see things our way as long as they have some say which admittedly the Americans leave little wiggle room.

Of course this all depends on the American public remaining in compliance. If moral sinks too low we might end up with two more Vietnam's. Three if we count Afghanistan.

-Alien

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I think that is the thing no one, even media, wants to openly speculate about. Yeah. North Korea and Iran have cooperated extensively. I got a ton of stuff on that while making my recent 3pt Korea series but it wouldn't have fit there without being absurdly drifting around topics.

It's disturbing because it IS what makes Kim's behavior logical. If he drew short straw to be the guy to take the U.S.'s first direct focus as a distraction or split of forces we literally can't afford to split anymore, then we're about to get one of those surprises they write a chapter in war history books about. Not a pleasant one, by any means.

The thing that makes it remotely plausible is that Obama is, very generally speaking, a weak foreign policy President. He goes along to get along and the US hasn't had one do that since 1979. It's not about how we see Obama but how everyone else does. Some may think this is their best and perhaps only shot to make that kind of move.

What we don't know from either country is what do they have up their sleeve. One is very, very good at keeping secrets and the other is werry, werry, good as well.

I have no idea what is up there sleeve if in fact anything is apart from their arm. Let us just pretend that their brightest scientists did come up with ..... say a mach 8 coil gun with self directed ammunition using China's GPS system for guidance control. (without China's consent wink wink, nudge nudge)

Something like this would be a complete surprise to the West and no one could point the finger at China or Russia because these two would just shake their heads while laughing behind their hands. Well, Russia would, the Chinese would laugh internally like the inscrutable people that they are.

It does not have to be a coil gun or a rail gun. It just has to be anti air and able to reach as high as any aircraft can fly. Remember back when the US lost its first U2 to a backwards USSR that could not possibly have a missile that could shoot one of those babies down, could they.

The moment that NK can have some control over her airspace, she will attack and Iran and hell, anyone that wants to join in will join in and av a go ya mug.

It could be a rail gun, a laser system, a new missile anything that provides a reasonable air defense capability and they may just start something.

You better hope it is not a rail gun, the US Carriers would be very vulnerable. Not so much laser tech. You could fire the most powerful laser on the earth at a Carrier and it would just blister the paint. Of course Kim might think it fun to write his name on the side of a Carrier, "Kim was here" would be good, but then he could photoshop that with less trouble.

No so funny if it was a particle beam weapon especially if they managed to steal the plans for one of those or if some other countries scientist suddenly gets very rich. These countries can make anything given the plans, even if they can't engineer it themselves. They can certainly smuggle circuit boards over China's borders.

P

edit on 31/3/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

There is no way in hell the Americans would give up South Korea and to think that Obama would pull out of Iraq just to hand it over to Iran and let all our effort and soldiers die in vain? He would get assassinated faster than JFK. That doesn't seem plausible either even if weakling Obama wanted to pull back TPTB couldn't allow him to do that, It's their game after all.

You might have missed the recent events for world economics and market changes or currency exchange between nations and the general shoving of the U.S. dollar off the center stage.......but a powerful America wouldn't seem to BE what TPTB have planned.

If they do intend that, they're sure failing miserably because America is a weak shadow of what it was just 15 years ago, on several levels. It's hard to understand how that's not clear at this stage and the cuts keep rolling. The blunders keep coming. Things like having a full Ambassador murdered and ...are we even TRYING to find who did it? Hell... I have color photos of at least a dozen of them on my own computer. They released the video and photos themselves to show most of the people involved in killing those people. 'Doesn't matter..... Thats soooo 2012. Let's not get stuck in the past right?' That's the attitude ...

The world sees that. It doesn't forget it and it's no "small" thing. It was no small thing here until very recently. Times have changed when we weren't even watching for the speed it's come.

Yes, I DO believe we have a President who could be pressured if the pressure were great enough and from more directions than he could personally see a way to overcome within acceptable political cost.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

The so called back pack nukes were never that small. It would take two guys to carry one in a create like box that a shoulder fired missile would be in but bigger. Iran and NK knows if one U.S. City gets hit they would all be fried however these two countries leaders are that stupid.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
"Remember the Americans fought both Japan and Germany on two separate fronts and two different oceans simultaneously and won on both sides".....................
All by your little selves too didnt you?
Gotta love an American edumacation......they didnt call it world war fer nothing sonny....
Way more russians, died fighting the Nazis than anyone else....they broke Hitlers Whermacht.....
A TWO front war if US nukes ok....Conventional?....not so much i thinks....
Not that they dont have the firepower, but more like they are too overconfident to pick up on the fine points....
They have come to rely too much on mechanised firepower,
Their stealthy jets may not be as invisible as they hope either.....AAA is progressing too....
B.52 may be just too outmoded to be a factor...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I can understand what you’re saying but there are a couple of problems with it, if Iran and DPRK were to act together as you say with Iran going into Israel and DPRK into South Korea I have a couple of problems with that. First i would point out that Iran has a lot of ground to cover to reach Israel then they need to take out the military superpower of the region. Secondly DPRK would need to get through 50,000 American troops before they would even reach Seoul and that’s not counting the South Korean forces or the fact that America and her allies could quickly mobilise other forces. DPRK might have a large army by numbers but in terms of training, experience and equipment they fall behind their foes.

I would also point out that currently neither DPRK or Iran has a weaponised nuclear warhead that they could strike a American city with.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The South can defeat the North without US help. It would just be more bloody. Same in Mid-east, where is Iran going to attack? They can not get to Israel much less invade it and Isreal is more than capable of responding in kind, Iran could move into Iraq but that would gain nothing but a war with Iraq and all the Gulf States that they could not win. The US does not need to provide the bulk of the forces for either front to be a victory. Of course even during Iraq and Afganistan 80% of US combat forces were still sitting at home. In both cases air and naval support from the US would all that would be required. Of course we will do much more than that in both cases and behind us will be most of the world.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

What if they really do have an idea to take on the US that they think is workable?

What if NK and iran launch their attack at the exact same time?

Attacking what, exactly?

If Iran attacks Israel, Israel can take care of itself...
As for the US, NK has nothing that can hit us directly (yes, I know about the missiles, but they don't have enough to do the kind of volley needed), but would have to resort to terror-style attacks.

Either way, it would be regime suicide for either, so I'm not losing sleep over that.

The South can defeat the North without US help. It would just be more bloody

No, they couldn't. They would be hard-pressed to even get the NK's out of their nation on their own, let alone take the fight to the NK's. Without the US assistance, they'd be invaded and overrun in just 48 hrs. SK would have air superiority, but that won't mean much in street fighting.
edit on 1-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Another thought that just entered my mind.

You have other people cooperating with Iran.
Namely the Muslim brotherhood and the like.

We still don’t know what happened to all those radicals that were training in secluded areas across the US.

Could NK be cooperating with Iran, and in extension, the jihadies in the US?

Nk, or Iran launch an EMP strike, or direct nuke attacks on several cities. Once the confusion sets in, then the jihadi’s come out of the woodwork and start raging havoc and taking control of territory.

With communications cut off, and no ability for local law enforcements to call in help, or even the ability to alert them to the unfolding situation, they would be ill prepared to handle a team of jihadis going through the area.

What if a nuke/emp strike is just the start of the domestic attack?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join