It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exxon pipeline leaks thousands of barrels of Canadian oil in Arkansas

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Hello

Sry if this has been posted I searched and was surprised I did not find it

An Exxon-Mobil oil pipeline ruptured Friday afternoon in the town of Mayflower, Arkansas and Thousands of gallons of crude oil erupted from the breach around 3:00 p.m. on Friday, spilling through a housing subdivision and into the town’s storm drainage system, fouling drainage ditches and shutting down Highway 365 and Interstate 40

Residents have been evacuated because of hazardous crude oil fumes and to keep stray sparks from igniting th e standing oil

good video of the oil gushing into the streets and in the local lake at the link
link

An Exxon-Mobil oil pipeline ruptured Friday afternoon in the town of Mayflower, Arkansas, forcing the evacuation of 20 homes and shutting down sections of interstate highway. According to Little Rock’s KATV, a hazardous materials team from the Office of Emergency Management has contained the spill and is currently attempting a cleanupt

reuters link
www.reuters.com...

U.S. environmental agency categorizes pipe rupture as "major spill"

* Exxon shuts Pegasus pipeline after thousands of barrels spilled

* Twenty-two homes evacuated

* Second spill in the United States involving crude from Canada this week

This is another video I found on youtube but the one at the link is alot better

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

C'mon Exxon...

EDIT:

The Arkansas Oil and Gas Commission told Channel 7 News that, as an interstate pipeline, Pegasus has no local control, oversight or inspection. Only federal officials from the Pipeline and Hazard Material Safety Administration are authorized to inspect and maintain the pipeline.
www.rawstory.com...
(emphasis mine)

I meant, c'mon Federal Government...

edit on 31-3-2013 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Sorry, I didn't see your thread and posted the same.
So, S+F to you and a bump.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

The whole are is going unstable I think.

lasinkhole.wordpress.com...

6 Almost in the same spot, different depths - 3.9 quake & 3.6 quake
MAP of 3.6 quake shows it is in NE Arkansas.
New Madrid fault map Feb. 24 - THIRD QUAKE 2.6 quake, same area, 4th one: 1.9 QUAKE, same area. ALSO (all in the same area) - 1.7 quake in S. MO, 2.1 quake near Clinton, Arkansas, 2.0 quake Arkansas

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Thanks for posting this news. I don't like to hear pipelines bursting and oil spilling everywhere. Not good for the environment at all. I hope crews can clean up the mess well enough for the ecology around the spill to renew itself.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Latest update:

more than 10,000 barrels of oil were spilled and clean up crews of Exxon were able to clean up half the spill. Just saw this on tv.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm getting so f***ing tired of watching us screw up and rape our own world in the name of industry.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Sorry, I didn't see your thread and posted the same.
So, S+F to you and a bump.

no problem lol we have all done it

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wWizard
I'm getting so f***ing tired of watching us screw up and rape our own world in the name of industry.

I second this sentiment.

Its getting old. There has to be better safeguards.

Period.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ahhhh exxon ...... I guess inspections on pipes are like inspections done on commercial airliners that are allowed to fly with duct tape on their bodies.

Crude oil is a complex mixture of chemicals that have varying abilities to be absorbed into the body through the skin, lungs, and during digestion of food and water. Most components of crude oil enter the bloodstream rapidly when they are inhaled or swallowed. Crude oil contains chemicals that rapidly penetrate the skin and move through cell walls. They can damage cell structures, including DNA, and alter the function of the cells and the organs.

Let's add in this article to raise speculation towards an human agenda.

Does Oil Affect Animals' Cellular Machinery?
Scientists investigate genes activated by contaminants

www.whoi.edu...
edit on 31-3-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
We can expect accidents like this to happen almost every month with the KeyStone pipeline. Better get used to it.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

That's a scary thought Muse.

One that should way heavily in the Construction of it. I would think they should spend more money on safeguarding for spills or accidents. If not, don't build it.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
We can expect accidents like this to happen almost every month with the KeyStone pipeline. Better get used to it.

If federal officials were assigned the task of inspection of the pipeline then I shy away from the possibility of an 'accident'. Just another experiment with another control group in a different location, they'll probably look for results every 10 years, or just expect us to forget this ever happened.

Let's try not to forget how the CDC took meningitis that only effects soil and introduced it into 13,000 unwilling patients just to develop an effective treatment. This means they adapted this plant disease to affect humans.

www.usatoday.com...

Want to know why they've made a certain plant legal in certain areas? Record levels of radioactive soil contamination are present at those locations, the amount they currently show to the public is NOT what I saw when I first discovered this.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Come on....

What's a little collateral damage on the march to Profit. This corporate Godhead will eventually trickle down to us as it apparently has.

Gives a completely new meaning to the trickle down economics eh?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes----->I guess inspections on pipes are like inspections done on commercial airliners that are allowed to fly with duct tape on their bodies

OT but, it's called "speed tape" or 500mph tape, and is perfectly legal and safe whenever used.

Now, back on topic.

Btw when was the last large oil spill from this pipeline?
edit on 31-3-2013 by Ivar_Karlsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Maybe residents near pipelines should invest in hazmat suits and oil barrels, if it leaks out of the pipes it should be fair game, I'm sure Exxon would buy it back.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ivar_Karlsen

With that rationale, would you consider a 220+mph rated tire safe at 220+ mph with a plug sealing a hole from a nail.

Too dicey for me, isn't this generations motto YOLO? Hell I've been living that way my whole life.

No I don't consider this OT because they're going to have to sleeve that pipe and I'm curious as to the damage that will occur afterwards.

From my experiences, if a pipe busts somewhere, patching it up will lead to failure further down the chain.
edit on 31-3-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes
reply to post by Ivar_Karlsen

With that rationale, would you consider a 220+mph rated tire safe at 220+ mph with a plug sealing a hole from a nail.

No, i do however fly around with speed tape on our planes at times.

Last time we flew 3 sectors with speed tape protecting a fresh sealing after one cockpit window had been replaced.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wWizard

Then do something about it.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I like the "Canadian" part.....LOL

I guess America like buying its oil from the middle east. (and we sell our oil to the states WAY CHEAPER then the markets....like 50 per barrel)
edit on 31-3-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join