It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyprus man: 'I went to sleep Friday as a rich man. I woke up a poor man'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I admit I feel sorry for these people.

What is worse is this sets a precedent for other countries.

What is sad is that nobody appears to be fighting back.

That's the worst part as it too sets a precedent.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No-one held a gun to Cyprus's head when they signed on to the EU.

Are you quite sure about that?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Take a good look at this folks, it's coming to a town near you soon. This is a test balloon for the banksters. When they are sure they can get away with it the rest of the EU will fall prey to the same tactics. First the EU. Then most likely the UK. And then finally the US.
For us in the US it will start with a large correction in the stock market in the next several months. Later as the banksters require more money we will probably see a tax on all retirement funds and when that money is all gone they will finally crash the dollar. All this will happen over the next two years or so. Oh, and believe me I hope I'm completely wrong.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

No-one held a gun to Cyprus's head when they signed on to the EU.

On the contrary, the deal was more Faustian, then anything else.

Well, the devil is calling in his marker. Time to pay up!

Sold by politicians and never meant people's savings would be stolen. Your entire post is beyond ludicrous its evil. You believe that people should have their life savings stolen by the banks and governments, and corrupt corporations and because of some deal with Europe. Some issue here, that had nothing to do with robbing people's accounts, is their shame. They now must suffer robbery.

ITS ILLEGAL WHAT OCCURRED. AND IT OCCURED BECAUSE RUSSIANS GOT THEIR MONEY OUT IN CASH.

BANKS DON'T HAVE CASH AND IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO HAPPEN.

Governments broke their oaths with the people and need to go to jail and no one should ever give the wealthy foreigners all the cash.

PERIOD.
edit on 31-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Just saw this on a website. Below is a link to the site. Interesting hey?

During two days, 12 and 13 of March, the company A.Loutsios & Sons Ltd., co-owned by Loutsios John, the husband of Nikos Anastasiadis’ daughter, Elsa, took five promissory notes worth €21 million from Laiki Bank. The money was then transferred to London, reported Cypriot newspaper Haravgi, affiliated to the communist-rooted AKEL party. The withdrawal was fulfilled just three days before the Eurogroup meeting when euro finance ministers agreed a 10 billion euro ($13 billion) bailout for Cyprus. The newspaper recalls that Cyprus Finance Minister, Michalis Sarris, publicly admitted that the government was aware in advance about the Eurogroup’s intentions to impose a “haircut” on bank deposits of more than 100,000 euros.

Link to the website: intellihub.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The wacko religious comment of the evening: god forbade usury, a majority of the wealth in today's world was created by usury. God is mad and rich man poor man, those partaking in the evils of the banking system shall be punished.

Just remember being a "victim" means nothing...

Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto: I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

I always laugh when I think: it's impossible to ever pay down all the debt in the world. No matter what you do in the end one person will still owe one person. Can't loan 100 dollars and ask for 110 back and expect it realistically to happen if there is foundationally only 100 dollars...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Cypriots are an extremely relaxed bunch, i doubt they even knew what they were getting into...

I feel bad for them but i cant help but think they would be worse off without the EU.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Like 1987 in New York?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Rockpuck

Indeed, I don't feel sorry for any of them. They ASKED for this, when willingly handed over their sovereignty to the Germans and the French, then to an international banking cartel.

Isn't a bit unfair to lump all of "them" in with the politicians and officials who did that in the first place? I hardly think this guy who chose to retire in Cyprus with his life savings had any part in it did he, so why must he now pay the price? I highly doubt the majority of the population had any intention of handing over their sovereignty to the international banking cartel. They were scammed by their so called leaders who conduct these deals behind closed doors.
edit on 31/3/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

exactly, i mean, how much control does any one regular individual person have over decisions like your country signing some kind of financial treaty with another. If my government in Australia decided to adopt the euro tomorrow what could i do about it

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BeReasonable

agreed BeReasonable, we are their mercy. wow, what a bad term to use. govt and mercy are on opposite sides of the grand canyon imo and if abbott gets in then maybe we can change the grand canyon to east coust of Oz and west coast of kiwi land.

Maybe put your money in property.

But then that's a hard one too. I have a 130 acre bush block for sale at quite a cheap price and up to now, no takers. Oh well, it'll sell eventually I hope. Then I can finish our house. (fingers crossed)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

It is just banditry, nothing else.

They are taking money from people who cannot fight.

The bondholders have military power; so who can question?

Strange world this - no morality whatsoever, the powerful are those that are good at stealing.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It really makes me sick to hear that once again banking elite and governments can rape and pillage at will,where the full force of the law should apply.

Punish the victims, where`s the justice in that.?

If heads rolled it would make a difference,if not this could spread.

This guy is saying for them to do it legally they have changed the wording that depositors are a liability,something that a Canadian bank has also done.

Not sure how one would go about finding if your own bank changes also,can`t imagine them notifying everone.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

This man's video's are extremely deceptive for he tells people over and over again, to Get Money Out, and thus is promoting everyones bank accounts to be seized. A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubic0n

Not to mention that if the business disentegrates, due to lack of operating capital, what happens to the remaining funds to be returned? Do the thieves look and say, oh that account has closed (probably run down to nothing with maintenance fees and then shut for good) and say well, we'll just keep the remaining cash? I think they are banking on the fact that the businesses will not exist in the future.

Wait until they create a new lower daily or single transaction limit and then create a teller fee or rasie their ATM fees so that the businesses have to withdraw more frequently thereby skimming even more.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
"Cyprus man: 'I went to sleep Friday as a rich man. I woke up a poor man"

Now he knows how it feels! He will just need to get buy like the rest of us now!

I do feel for him and his family regarding the culture shock that will undoubtedly follow.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I don't think you understand his situation. He was poor, moved to Australia and worked for years in his own little store to save up 1 million, not alot in todays dollars, to retire. Then moved back to cyprus. And now is destitute in his retirement and everything he did for an entire lifetime, all the sacrifices and work was for nothing. They stole his whole life from him.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Running round rioting and what not will not get there money back. I like to think they are just taking the high ground and being civil about it all. Yeah it sucks for them but they are showing some maturity unlike so many other countries who think fighting an rioting will just fix the issue.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

What do you expect, it's a natural reaction from many a fool whom don't take even a few seconds to think things through. As you said, one million really isn't that much in todays world, but more importantly he worked hard his entire life to save that money.

Maybe if he had a few hundred million and got left with only a million or something like that I wouldn't feel quite so bad for him. The true wealthy elite are billionaires, I have no respect for anyone who has anything close to a billion dollars because there's no mathematically valid reason for why they deserve that much money.
edit on 1/4/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
what's strange to me is how does cyprus with less than a million people, on a small island, massive tourist dollars coming in, fairly simple living, create a 13 billion dollar debt?
i live in stockton, cal., population approx, 350,000, bankruptcy in progress, no tourist dollars, little industry, national leader in foreclosures, low pay, high crime, and our deficits are running in the ten of millions...something is not quite right?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

It's easy to create debt when you use debt based money.

See:
True Money: Part I
True Money: Part II

Part II gets into debt based money.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join