It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyprus man: 'I went to sleep Friday as a rich man. I woke up a poor man'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Im in England with a Spanish owned bank and I have started to take my money out while I can seeing how Spain and the UK are also both in trouble and the announced billions the banks must raise over here it won't be long before this happens again.
edit on 31-3-2013 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

I humbly appreciate the tutorial.

Thanks!

That does clear up much of my confusion.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Agreed. Maybe it's time we the sheeple started hunting down these so-called 'powers that were' and destroy them as they are doing and have been doing to us common folk for centuries, eg the Rotheschilds, the British royal family, the leaders of all countries, everyone in government, MI6, CIA, FBI, the MJ-12, the Bohemian group, the Trilateral Commission, the Bilderbergs, Monsanto, Pharma.

All the big organisations which make the rules that keep us as the slaves to the system which only makes all of them richer and kills our planet. Wish I was a trained assassin.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
What you all want is PHYSICAL assets... There is no point in having a devalued Currency. Leave your money in the bank. When it all goes under, it wont matter if your cash was CASH or electric. both will be worthless.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Cyprus haircuts could be as much as 60%[/url]. For some business accounts it can be as much as 80% (although these businesses supposedly will receive back 20% within 5 to 7 years so it's still technically 60%).

It is more , you forget about the interest they missed over that amount during those years.

edit on 31-3-2013 by Rubic0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubic0n

Yes that is a legitimate point. I mean it's half a decade they're talking about anyway... they may as well just keep the bloody money because I doubt many of our current fiat currencies will exist by that time with the way the global economy is going now.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

And that means you deserve what you get, according to our more enlightened members.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
very scary

it beats a total failure, but not by much

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
disgrace like- I have no savings anymore so wouldn't be touched, but the principle of it is despicable- and how come it never works the other way, will 60% of DEBTS be wiped out!?! No chance

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
if they want to destroy our cash - fine.

if the money becomes valueless than so shall the debt. fine.

the dollars in debt shall lose their value the same as those dollars in your bank account.

in other words, everything gets zeroed and we reset the game.

otherwise, let's call call this "haircut" game exactly what it is.

it is theft.

it is a criminal action.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

-People really are sheep. Someone takes your life's savings, your life's work, your life's worth and flushes it down the toilet. You just take it? You don't even put up a fight?

Why are there no stories of people burning buildings (aside from the bank fire)? Why aren't there people in the streets?

It makes no logical sense to me.

Most people don't have tons of money in the bank.

The fact is most people go to sleep Friday as a poor man, and wake up a poor man.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

The one thing I don't understand is why people are just taking this. It leads me to believe there are one of two scenario's going on here.

-This whole thing is made up. Not saying the banks aren't confiscating folks money but the scope is being way over hyped.

Or...

-People really are sheep. Someone takes your life's savings, your life's work, your life's worth and flushes it down the toilet. You just take it? You don't even put up a fight?

Why are there no stories of people burning buildings (aside from the bank fire)? Why aren't there people in the streets?

It makes no logical sense to me.

And how much of each US account is guaranteed? In the US it is $250,000 per depositor per bank. If he had the same amount of money in a US bank account he would have a fraction of what he does now. He should consider himself fortunate. Since in Cyprus your first 100,000 Euros are guaranteed against losses if your bank goes bankrupt. Honestly... A smart person spreads their money out amongst different banks. It sounds like this lazy man gambled and lost.
edit on 31-3-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
First of all: it is a shame, that normal people have to pay for the mistakes of the big banks.

This is really ridicoulus, but at least they don't touch 100.000€ which is still a lot of money. So really poor people are not yet effected, they will have a problem later, when the small middleclass companies want to invest, but can't because their funds are blocked! This is the real problem here, that you have companies that are ruined now.

And I bet if the heads of this banks want to leave the company now, they will get a bonus payment -.-

btw. maybe I have not seen it, but is the screenshot of the account the one of the man who says he woke up as a poor man? if so, I hope he looses 200.000more to see how it is to be poor!
edit on 31-3-2013 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by aLLeKs
First of all: it is a shame, that normal people have to pay for the mistakes of the big banks.

Things aren't always what they seem on the surface.

Sometimes the answer is hidden.

These people from the information I am finding are very likely paying for their own mistakes.

They are very likely guilty en masse of a behavior that God has warned them financially about but would have every right to deprive them of their right to live for.
edit on 31-3-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
What you all want is PHYSICAL assets... There is no point in having a devalued Currency. Leave your money in the bank. When it all goes under, it wont matter if your cash was CASH or electric. both will be worthless.

That's not necessarily true. If they are going to confiscate deposits to keep banks afloat that is actually deflationary, not inflationary. If this remains the policy than you actually are much better off with your cash out of the bank.

The big problem as I guess you are alluding too, is that there may very well not be enough to confiscate, and inflation may also be necessary. But even so, some amount of inflation even 50% is better than 100% theft.

Also do not be so sure precious metals are safe either, all it takes is the government instituting a tax, or outlawing their ownership and their ability to shield you from inflation disappears. No I actually think the truth is there is really no where that is guaranteed to keep your money safe.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
A buzz cut.

Financial buzz cut.

Bees make a buzzing sound.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Get ready Canada... it's "haircut" time... Cyprus style,

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I can't believe how some are choosing to say who cares if they had over a hundred thousand euros they deserve to lose their money. First off the majority of these depositors are businesses and lots of people are going to lose their jobs from these businesses losing their money, lots of people who have less than 100,000 euros in the bank. So this affects everyone.

Also having some money saved for retirement, is not greed, it is common sense. Very soon having money saved for retirement is going to be a requirement for survival because no government retirements or pensions are going to exist. If you don't save money for your own retirement you are going to be living on the street or working till the day you die.

Now as to why there hasn't been any response, well I think there are a few reasons, first who do the people go after? It's not really completely their governments fault, although they should be blamed for not leaving the Euro. But basically the European Union sidestepped the Cypriot government for this confiscation. I think the European Union is so desperate to not let a member nation leave they may resort to military force, it would not surprise me at all if just such a threat was delivered.

Second the masses still don't understand the enormity of what has just happened, the Cypriot economy is about to be obliterated. This is not hard to believe, just look at this thread, if the people of Cyprus are as ignorant of how the economy works as the posters on this thread they may think, well I didn't lose any money, sucks for the rich guys.
Of course this isn't how it works, but give it a few months and the riots might very well start when they realize their lives have been ruined also.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Damn right! If that happened here the country would burn. I just don't understand how they can allow their own gov to steal their money, cuz that is exactly what they are doing! I guess when the gov has no fear of the ppl since they are not armed, they gov can do as they please.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

No-one held a gun to Cyprus's head when they signed on to the EU.

On the contrary, the deal was more Faustian, then anything else.

Well, the devil is calling in his marker. Time to pay up!

Yeah but did you or I personally condone NAFTA?

Did you or I personally condone the creation of the Federal Reserve?

I know I didn't.

I hope for the sake of the world these people riot like it's nobody's business. Because it will ripple all over the world if the people allow it.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
wow chaotic, nice thread, thanks for the info sn f

<< 1    3  4 >>

join