It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

from noob to god-like

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
So me being a noob on this site I was wandering just when is a noob no longer a noob! Me just asking this question reaffirms my nube status, but what are the actual feats one must accomplish to no longer be chained to this tittle.
Is it a post count? time served on one such designated site? amount a friends one has on the system or rivals?
maybe my flag count or stars? I say no. I think it is when one such noob consciously decides to become something bigger than himself and openly contribute intellectual opinions and counter points for the good of the community!

This o fcourse is just one noobs opinion and would gladly like to hear yours.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
No such thing as a noob on this site
just get your point across in a manner we all understand and agree with everything I say and you will be fine

Last bits a joke btw

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by soloharmony
So me being a noob on this site I was wandering just when is a noob no longer a noob! Me just asking this question reaffirms my nube status, but what are the actual feats one must accomplish to no longer be chained to this tittle.
Is it a post count? time served on one such designated site? amount a friends one has on the system or rivals?
maybe my flag count or stars? I say no. I think it is when one such noob consciously decides to become something bigger than himself and openly contribute intellectual opinions and counter points for the good of the community!

This o fcourse is just one noobs opinion and would gladly like to hear yours.

I would say once you survive a few morons attacking your posts with insults because they disagree with you...

If one can manage to not get banned for a few months... You've broken through

Welcome by the way

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
You get your first non-n00b medal for the first keyboard that you pound into oblivion in a rage over a post on ATS.

You become a fully fledged ATS member when you finally have to search Amazon.com for the words "Unbreakable computer monitor"

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Does that mean you have gone through 34 keyboards now Heff?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by soloharmony

You cease being an ATS Noob, when your addiction is to the point, you join the rest of us in the ATS 12 step meetings.

When you find yourself heading down to the basement on Tuesday nights, to join us, in admitting you are an ATS junkie...then you are no longer a Noob.

Bring Cookies......

Des

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

There's meetings?

I must have missed that memo...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Shhh or Akragon will find out.....oh heck too late

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Of course there are meetings... we get together, talk it out, cry a bit, drink coffee - and then we eat SHINTZEL!

We'll not him.. but like sauerkraut and hot dogs.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

so technically I haven't missed anything...

whew...

Something about lips and a**holes stuffed into a tube, mixed with sour cabbage doesn't do it for me...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I am still a noob.

I'm thinking that any day now I will graduate and become a full-fledged plebe!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

As someone who signed up 2 years ago, I still feel pretty new to this site even today.... there are users who have been posting from 2004.

what are the actual feats one must accomplish to no longer be chained to this tittle.

Eh, you have given yourself that title. So get rid of it and start posting.

I'd say its well thought out quality posts with references and citations wherever required...and passion for the subject you are discussing.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Umm....Heff...that's Shnitzel, (I think). Des I'll bring the coffee, I had to dunk the cookies last time. Beezer made them crunchy!

Honestly kid, enjoy the noob status while you can. You have no expectations to meet, and no enemies at this stage in the game. Just buckle up and enjoy the mind bending eye opening ride.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
No such thing as a noob on this site
just get your point across in a manner we all understand and agree with everything I say and you will be fine

Last bits a joke btw

boy monkeys is a noob

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The Urban Dictionary has a section on noobs (different from newbs, or newbies)...

I. Defining 'Noob'
Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own.

terms

Does that help ?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Yah, I typo'd! This is why I stopped proofreading any of my posts - I am an absolute typo prodigy.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

If one simply accesses the ATS Stats page it quickly becomes obvious what it takes to get beyond being a noob!

Note it takes 150+ posts to enter the chat room and 200+ posts to enter the RATS forum ... but doing so does not mean one is out of the noob woods and is a regular member just yet IMO.

Personal Disclosure: If any new member lasts 500+ posts I would be happy to recognize them as a regular and consistent posting member of ATS,... who well aware of the ATS T&C's and general protocol and also basic workings of the website.

It is from such a pool of regular members that new mods are sourced from, as far as I can tell, and so for me that has got to be the 'they aren't noobs anymore' definitive standard.

I hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
omegalobos very nice break down that made me lol and heff see you on tuesdays in the basement

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

When the year of your registration doesn't match the current year... (Yeah, for you clever ones, joining in December is just plain tricky, but we applaud your deviousness).....

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Wow 11 years Gaz
you could get less for Murder

top topics

<<   2 >>

join