It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"North Korea is not going to war," senior U.S. official says

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
What makes you think that China does not want to have North Korea stretch us to our limits? China could have drove tactical nukes into NK and who would have seen it?

All the players just had a major meeting and now we have their distraction going ahead. Look at what Russia is doing. Sending the whole Black Sea fleet out on a surprise exercise, RIGHT!!!

All while China is amassing missiles and troops along the coast with Taiwan. NK and Iran will make a move at the same time throwing the U.S. in a pickle. Protect Israel or South Korea and Japan.

Only then will China take Taiwan and the islands around it. Sure we could nuke them all and stop them all in their tracks but do you think the chicken # Obama will really do that?
answer me this einstein why was the B2 stealth bomber built? It has the capabuility to wipe out russia japan iran the uk ibiza haha within hours open ur eyes and realise... Ha u like that im a poet and i dont even know it

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

This is conformation of what many here have been saying - that the loud noise is nothing more than posturing and rhetoric...

A senior Obama administration official told CBS News Friday that North Korea's belligerent words and war-like preparations are more bluff than bite.

"North Korea is in a mindset of war, but North Korea is not going to war," said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to offer insight into the latest administration thinking on the volatile situation on the Korean Peninsula.

The official said North Korea is doing two things that signal it is not spoiling for war: maintaining continuous and unfettered access to the Kaesong Industrial Complex six miles north of the Demilitarized Zone and by continuing to promote tourists visits to North Korea, even amid its banging of war drums.

I agree.

I said pretty much the same thing about the Kaesong complex here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If they close their borders, then it's time to be concerned. Until then...just a lot of hot air.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I was talking to an ex private security forces guy who told me 2 days ago the US and South Korea did a secret invasion last year and that's why the rhetoric is real this time - NK is responding to an infiltration. I researched and found this:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

It was from a Japanese news source that has since recanted after US officials raised a ruckus...

Today US moved F-22 stealth jets from Japan to South Korea:

world.topnewstoday.org...

Increased NK rhetoric is expected to escalate.....provocation?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

North Korea threatens to close industrial complex:

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
What makes you think that China does not want to have North Korea stretch us to our limits? China could have drove tactical nukes into NK and who would have seen it?

All the players just had a major meeting and now we have their distraction going ahead. Look at what Russia is doing. Sending the whole Black Sea fleet out on a surprise exercise, RIGHT!!!

All while China is amassing missiles and troops along the coast with Taiwan. NK and Iran will make a move at the same time throwing the U.S. in a pickle. Protect Israel or South Korea and Japan.

Only then will China take Taiwan and the islands around it. Sure we could nuke them all and stop them all in their tracks but do you think the chicken # Obama will really do that?
answer me this einstein why was the B2 stealth bomber built? It has the capabuility to wipe out russia japan iran the uk ibiza haha within hours open ur eyes and realise... Ha u like that im a poet and i dont even know it

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GERRY041284

I think we heard you the first time. We get it. The B2 can bomb all the known world 5 times and still be home in time for supper, all that thanks to photon torpedoes, dorsal and ventral phaser arrays, 2 top onboard nacelles powered by the ultra super above cosmic top secret matter/antimatter reactor that allows the B2 to move in subspace.

Seriously... Are we keeping these threads in adult mode or did "Glee" just end?

Keep it leveled please.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
Lets look at how easy it would be to package such a delivery system.
A little pic I made up to illustrate.

NASA has agreed to hire you.

You make complex CAD engineering look like childs play.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

That re-framed (captioned) picture is just too funny!!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Things are looking pretty calm right this minute on the social media front. We have evened back down to less than 100 tweets per minute about North Korea. There was over 900 tweets per minute during the height of the "state of war" comments made. Here is some of the analysis and live tweet data if you are interested (just press F5 to refresh the current data). www.earthtrace.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If we need a senior official to tell us NK are NOT going to war we must be ignorant individuals.

I'm simply astounded at how many people bleat panic and doom on ATS because NK's leader farts out the wrong end.

Read, learn, watch, observe. It might make you more intelligent.
edit on 31-3-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
see everyone thinks this is just hot wind but as a news reporter said he has pushed it to the highest level with his people,after this he has no where to go but war if he wants to look the oh so powerful to his own people

the levels reached the point of no return,i wait on intrest what happens next.

Very very good point! Star. All that talk will lead to a crescendo. Be afraid.
edit on 31-3-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The senior official needs to hurry up and inform the others.

U.S. F-22 stealth jets join South Korea drills amid saber-rattling.

www.reuters.com...

N. Korea vows to strengthen nukes amid tensions.

www.france24.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula
NASA has agreed to hire you.

You make complex CAD engineering look like childs play.

Hardy har har……

Don’t you ever do rough sketches of ideas that come into your head and share them with other people?

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by sparky31
see everyone thinks this is just hot wind but as a news reporter said he has pushed it to the highest level with his people,after this he has no where to go but war if he wants to look the oh so powerful to his own people

the levels reached the point of no return,i wait on intrest what happens next.

Very very good point! Star. All that talk will lead to a crescendo. Be afraid.
edit on 31-3-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

That little feeling in the back of my head is telling me the same thing. The dismissive attitude that people are showing may end up biting them in the butt in the end.

You never assume that a person’s threats are empty and hollow.

If he ends up backing up those threats with actions, even just partially backing them up, then you are going to be in a world of hurt.

Yes we can level the country, that isn’t the point. We will still sustain massive damage in the first strike, no mater what we do in retaliation.

This isn’t a movie, or game, we are talking about real lives here. Tens of thousands of real people will die in the first strike. People like you and me. Either in the US or South Korea, or both.

I am not saying that people should freak out about it, but joking about it is totally out of place in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
NATO to defend Skorea.
www.acus.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The weird thing about this year's bout of rhetoric is that they have never gone this far before, even in the 90's they only threatened to rip up the armistice, and threatened to sever the communications between the two states. This time they actually, "Did" those actions. Although in the 1990's they did attack ROK a few times killing a few SKoreans. And not to mention acouple of years back Ed Dames' crew, "Predicted" that a nuclear bomb will be detonated on the Korean peninsula. So this year has gotten me scared at how far the DPRK are willing to go.

Also the Thai are making preparations for evacuation of Thai in Skorea...
Source
edit on 31-3-2013 by Zachsfunk49 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I think we've had one conversation in the past and we were both on opposite sides (forget what it was) but I agree with you now 100% about this. Something about lil Un bothers me. I can't put my finger on it other than a bad feeling. No one should be joking about this, this is very serious in my humble opinion. In another thread ages ago I said N. Korea is more of a threat than Iran. I feel completely confident nothing will come of Iran and while everyone is distracted with a non threat, NK will slip in the back door.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Wow! So simple, it may work! If no enemy has thought of that idea, they have now.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22

Wow! So simple, it may work! If no enemy has thought of that idea, they have now.

It’s been a running idea for years. They even thought about that delivery system during a cold war. Just search around, there is plenty of people that have already discussed the situation in depth.

There is even a company that is marketing a container based missile system.
snafu-solomon.blogspot.com...

Most of them think that such a delivery system that NK would use a long rocket that would lift out of the container before launch. My own opinion, as shown on my little sketch, is the rocket erecting system is totally unneeded. A country wanting a simple system would not mess with such complicated systems. Long rockets are for high speed travel. If you just want to gain 2000 feet in altitude, then aerodynamics and profile become a non issue.

You can push a brick to 2000 feet in altitude with a properly sized rocket.

May as well detail the thoughts that went into that rough sketch.

The Fat man bomb that the US set off was 5feet in diameter. That was an early US bomb, which would probably be like an early NK bomb. So I assumed the same rough diameter for the device in the sketch.

The space allotted to the rocket motor is more than large enough for the task at hand. A lot smaller motor would probably be capable of the task, but I made it way oversized just to make sure that there would be no doubt that it would get the load that high. I have seen a lot smaller rocket motors lift far heavier items way past 2000 feet.

The power and avionics on the other side. If the avionics is smaller, or heavier than the warhead, then add lead weights to the lighter side to balance the load.

The rocket thrust control can be obtained by various methods, but that is beyond the scope of the sketch.

Even old guidance systems could handle the burn of such a package as long as the load is balanced over the rocket nozzle.

Aerodynamics is of no concern because it won’t be going fast enough to bother anything.

You will have several systems in the avionics bay of the weapon.
The battery system.
The fire control system.
The hydraulic power system that controls the thrust nozzle.
The internal guidance system that figures out where it has to go.

In the trailer you will have several systems.
The main battery bank that is used to supply the trailer electronics and used to keep the weapon battery bank full until launch.
The hydraulic pump that is used to power the cylinders that open the top doors.
The GPS navigation antenna, and system that keeps track of it’s location.
Peephole cameras located on all sides of the container and the top to make sure there is no obstructions above the container before the weapon is delivered.
Communications will be multi path. Satellite phone, and two or more redundant cellular data services in the target country that it can use to establish and maintain communications with home base for control.

They could keep track of it’s trip to the target country via data that the container relays by satellite phone on it’s way. When it gets close to the target country, the cellular data services will get in range and they will see the container calling in to establish a control connection via the normal civilian data network.

At that time, the people in charge of the mission can take a look through the peephole cameras to see if the container was put on the top of the stack like it should have been. Or if the people at the originating port screwed up, and there is a container on top of it. If there is clear sky above the container, then wait until they get within range of the target, and fire.

If there is something on top of the container then they will have to wait until the ship is unloaded. When the container above it is removed, it still would not be able to fire because the cargo crane will be above it. They will have to wait until it gets put on the truck and moved to a side lot. That will be the opportunity to fire the weapon.

Leading up to and Once they have a situation to fire, this is the sequence it will follow.
If it is cold, then you will probably have to turn on rocket heating elements to bring the fuel load up to optimum temps before firing.
Once that condition has been achieved…..
Power up the missile avionics and go though operational check.
Charge firing capacitors to arm the device.
Download location and orientation information from container GPS navigation system into the inertial guidance system.
Open doors, and let it rip.

The stuff in the cargo container will be destroyed by the rocket, but the parts have already served their job at that point.

If something screws up, then they would blow it in place at ground level.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Just face it people, such skepticism is plain bad and harmful. You cannot be skeptical about such things, then again ATS is full of those harmful NAYSAYERS that think that saying NO to everything is the correct one and that exactly so will happen. Do I sense fear in a desparate crying 'No'?

I usually stay at other forums and now I see this skepticism isnt just about completely outlandish suggestions, it is about even the slight possibility of something.

LIke OP, if you're telling me that in such situation it is all impossible to happen and just words of Doomsayers and such, you are plain naive. And yeah some people are just skeptical cause they CANNOT ACCEPT THE FACTS!!!

I am all for trying to solve this peacefully to the end, until every single opportunity is used. But NK going to war is very real, not doomsaying. US continent should be safe there, though precautions are a good thing. Like intercept them and paralyze NK on their very continent.

Think it like that - So we already talk that since 50-60s SK and NK don't like each other - have they forgotten it? No. Even if this passed peacefully, this current crisis will not be forgotten and add up as a reason for a future war. Generally a country goes to war as a result of conflicts that have arisen throughout the decades and were only temporarily delayed, never solved.
edit on 1-4-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
It's not only NOT going to war....it's not going anywhere.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join