It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone is predicting quakes........

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Great example yesterday between a earth facing coronal hole and an earthquake, a coronal hole unblocked by umbral fields, watch this video from about 1:25 in to see the CLEAR connections:

1. At around 19:00 solar wind begins to show some instability, even though space weather can affect earth before the solar wind arrives.

2. Sharp change to HAARP induction readings about an hour before the solar wind arrives, around 18:00 UTC.

3. ACE proton count shows a spike around 18:51 UTC, about 2 mins before the Japan quake.

4. Japan 6.0 earthquake at 18:53 UTC

edit on 2-4-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I just watched this one... so maybe I have to recall my first post... seems like he may be right.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by aLLeKs
I just watched this one... so maybe I have to recall my first post... seems like he may be right.

Being wrong is human, but admitting you may be wrong is godly.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

In 2012 there were less than 60 coronal holes there was 122 mag 6 or above earthquakes for the same year and 16667 in total !!!

Have you worked out what you mean by a planetary alignment yet

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

You don't know what a planetary alignment is? Think of some of the planets lining up on the ecliptic plane, if earth is included it is called "geocentric", and if the Sun is included but not earth it is a Heliocentric alignment. All the information is in the OP in the videos. Many coronal holes are blocked by umbral fields, those ones don't seem to have a significant correlation to EQ's.

How do you explain the video above? The sequence of events occurred just as predicted by Suspicious0bservers theories, and would seem to be a confirmation of them.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

You don't know what a planetary alignment is?

I know what I think of as a planetary alignment what I wanted to know is what YOU consider as an alignment and have you checked alignments with mag 6 earthquakes for example?

Here is a classic example of a conspiracy nutjob's idea of planetary alignment.

Whats yours

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

A straight line can be drawn through any two points.

This means at any given time, anyone can say that the Earth is aligned to something out there.

In Astronomy when we talk about alignments, we normally include a third object. This is called Syzygy:

In astronomy, a syzygy (pron.: /ˈsɪzɨdʒi/) (from the Ancient Greek suzugos (σύζυγος) meaning, “yoked together”.[1]) is a straight-line configuration of three celestial bodies in a gravitational system.[2] The word is often used in reference to the Sun, the Earth and either the Moon or a planet, where the latter is in conjunction or opposition. Solar and lunar eclipses occur at times of syzygy, as do transits and occultations. The term is often applied when the Sun and Moon are in conjunction (new moon) or opposition (full moon).[3]

During our year around the sun, the Earth "aligns" with each outer planet once a year and the sun. The Earth aligns with the inner planets and the sun more than once a year due to Venus and Mercury going around the sun faster than us.

Less often is when our planet "aligns" with an outer planet, and an inner planet and the sun.
More rare is when the Earth "aligns" with two or more outer planets and the sun.

Even more rare is when the Earth aligns with other planets and the sun, at the same inclination from the solar plane, since each planet is inclined from the solar plane at different angles.

You can check out where each planet is using a link like this:

The Planets Today

The web site will allow you to move the date around so you can see what planets "align" with other planets and the sun. For example, right now it shows that you could draw a straight line from the Earth, the sun and Venus.

Keep in mind that this is a birds eye view of the solar system, and that each planet is at a different inclination. In other words, if you look, you'll see that very shortly here you could draw a straight line from Jupiter, to Earth, then to Saturn, however that line would look bent if you looked at the solar system edge on due to inclination.

Have fun with the link.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

This theory seems interesting to me as far as I understand it, there certainly is ample proof of a significant correlation, but it is not my theory and I am just the messenger. Here is how Suspicious0bservers defines his planetary alignments, both geocentric and heliocentric, which make sense to me:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Ah!

But are those lines straight?

We live in a universe that has 3 physical dimensions. Not just 2.

Say on a certain date, Jupiter, the Earth and the sun line up to form a straight line as viewed from over head

But at that very same time, the Earth, because it has in 7 degree inclination is at 5 degrees above the solar plane, and Jupiter is at a 3 degree incline.

View edge on the line is no longer straight, but goes up 2 degrees from Jupiter to the Earth, then down 5 degrees to the sun.

Is it a perfect alignment? No.

So how is he defining an "Alignment" ?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

This theory seems interesting to me as far as I understand it, there certainly is ample proof of a significant correlation, but it is not my theory and I am just the messenger. Here is how Suspicious0bservers defines his planetary alignments, both geocentric and heliocentric, which make sense to me:

Dowload Stellarium or Celestia use his dates and you will see the planets positions and may be then you will see this is all bs!

Using one of his examples in the link erik gave, Jupiter Sun and Mercury why would that be a problem for Earth

Do you want to explain or why not ask him as you think he is on to something

edit on 3-4-2013 by wmd_2008 because: Pic added

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Wait a minute are you saying gravity only travel's in a straight line ?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I think he uses JPL's 3D orbit visualization tool to determine planetary alignments. It IS 3D.

Link

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

Wait a minute are you saying gravity only travel's in a straight line ?

Hehehehe. No.

Gravity from celestial objects like planets and stars is out in a 360 degree spherical shell.

The great debate is: does gravity from other planets and the sun cause earthquakes here?

Leave no doubt, if the gravity from another body is strong enough, it most likely would cause earthquakes.

But, the question becomes: how strong does it have to be?

Tidal forces from gravity has been something debatable not only among us ATS members, but the scientific community too.
Most scientist completely agree that if two bodies get close enough, gravitational influence is obvious.. For example, if a small enough body comes close enough to the Earth (and slow enough, not talking about meteors here), it's possible for the Roche Limit to completely shatter that object.

But does Jupiter have any gravitational influence on the Earth even when it's at it's closest to us? What about Venus?

The sun, being as massive as it is, obviously has gravitational influence on us. We orbit it. But does the sun's gravitational field have influence on Earth's tectonic plates?

Just to be clear, we're talking gravity here, not magnetic fields. The two are different from each other.

Now as you pointed out, gravity isn't like a laser beam. It's influence from planets and stars goes out all over. So in the case of an "alignment" we would be looking at distance (IE an alignment of say the sun, Earth and Jupiter would mean a shorter distance than say a alignment of Jupiter, the sun, then the Earth).

However, my statement about inclinations still holds true. The distance would be affecting if say Earth is higher up in inclination, than say if it was exactly align on the solar plane with both Jupiter and the Sun.

I won't discount the possibility of gravity wells affecting the Earth's tectonic plates. The sun tugs on us, and Jupiter (as an example) can also tug on us......very, very, very, very minutely, but it's still there.

However, I can't say for sure it's absolutely right. I've not seen enough evidence for it being the case. As with all things in science, you can't pick and choose your data. You have to include ALL earthquakes, ALL alignment dates. You have to show everything, including dates when nothing happened, or when a major quake did happen yet no alignment either. It would need to be pretty consistent.

What I mean by that is: we have major quakes with no alignments, but there are also cases of quakes with some sort of alignment.

Is one the product of the other? Or is it random chance, with the frequency of quakes and alignments being taken into account?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Sorry to take so long to reply. I did come in late in your disscussion. One question, being as a scientist must take in all forms on data before forming a hypothesis. I need to ask have you viewed SO videos for any legnth of time?

I have, at no time does he state the a quake will happen at any given time. He mearly call a watch when he see's conditions as favorable. A watch is not called everytime there is a plantery alignment, or a earth facing coronal hole.

I reread my post, I don't know how civil it sounded (sorry
). Your reply was very valid, I have only noticed for myself that when SO, calls a watch things do seem to happen 3/4 of the time. I do agree that nobody can predict quakes, but as a indicator his watches are hard for me to dismiss out right.
edit on 4-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I think he uses JPL's 3D orbit visualization tool to determine planetary alignments. It IS 3D.

Link

Makes no difference this is a plan view of the Solar system ie from above

So why would Jupiter Sun & Mercury be a problem for Earth after all the Earth Jupiter and the Sun are all opposite Mercury DOH!

Now can you see the problem with his claims

Look at the number of quakes per year, his theory doesn't fit all the time but it's bound to every so often using Japan (one of the most earthquake prone counties) or any on the Pacific ring of fire are not good ways to back his theory.

Jupiter pulls you up 34 million times less than Earth pulls you down. Jupiter's "pull" is utterly feeble.

That was for it's closest approach to Earth

edit on 5-4-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2013 by wmd_2008 because: info added

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

I did not find anything rude or uncivil with your post.

I've seen some of his videos yes, especially when posted on here. I find a lot of what he points out interesting, and there is absolutely no harm in making predictions, or at least looking at how conditions might have been for an event.

I mean, that's how we all learn and how science works: by taking a look at conditions and seeing if they are repeatable. Science does that all the time to prove something.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Jupiter pulls you up 34 million times less than Earth pulls you down. Jupiter's "pull" is utterly feeble.

Kind of a false analogy. The gravitational effect of Jupiter on a human being is different from the gravitational effect of Jupiter on a tectonic plate due to obvious mass differences. The moon is a lot closer and moves oceans but doesn't effect me either. A good question to ask is why does the moon affect the oceans, but not tectonic plates which supposedly ride on a semi-liquid mantle and would make them more susceptible to movement. Or can we detect any tectonic activity that is due to the moon?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Kind of a false analogy. The gravitational effect of Jupiter on a human being is different from the gravitational effect of Jupiter on a tectonic plate due to obvious mass differences. The moon is a lot closer and moves oceans but doesn't effect me either. A good question to ask is why does the moon affect the oceans, but not tectonic plates which supposedly ride on a semi-liquid mantle and would make them more susceptible to movement. Or can we detect any tectonic activity that is due to the moon?

Re read your first line then think about it!!!
Maximum Tidal Forces of the Sun, Moon, and Planets on the Earth

Solar System Object Tidal Force
Moon 2.1
Sun 1.00
Venus 0.000113
Jupiter 0.0000131

Jupiter exerts 1/76000th of the force the Sun does on the Earth

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I thought you were comparing the gravitational effects between the earth and Jupiter on an insignificant mass like a human, as opposed to the more significant masses of the ocean or the tectonic plates.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Suspicious0bservers earthquake watch validated again.

Planetary conjunctions combined with large coronal hole coincides with Russian an Indonesian earthquakes. You can decide for yourselves if it is just coincidence or related, and think about why mainstream science doesn't talk about what should be significant news in the field of earthquake prediction.

Watch from about 1:35 in:

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join