It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone is predicting quakes........

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by tinyDAWK

Originally posted by WontBeFooled
I'm kind of wondering how i havent heard of this before now. He must be indigo

I'm not following, please elaborate?

Here are some Indigo children articles:

Link to Indigo children articles

He didn't refer to children. He said "he must be indigo" wich is a deep shade of blue en.m.wikipedia.org... . On that note. Where did he get the connection to indigo children from the info provided in the thread?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tinyDAWK

Well, you can either take an "indigo" reference to another person being that they are a shade of blue, or are an indigo child. If you read the articles I provided, you would see indigo children are considered special, and have special talents, are highly awakened, and are aiding in the awakening of others. Great topic for a thread, you should start one on it if you would like to pursue it further.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

reply to post by tinyDAWK

Well, you can either take an "indigo" reference to another person being that they are a shade of blue, or are an indigo child. If you read the articles I provided, you would see indigo children are considered special, and have special talents, are highly awakened, and are aiding in the awakening of others. Great topic for a thread, you should start one on it if you would like to pursue it further.

I was aiming to provoke -wontbefooled- to elaborate on the point he attemped to make, because it was extreemly vague. But you are right, the indigo phenomena is truely facunating. And I may start a thread on it... When I am alowed too.. Sry for spelling errors BTW.. I my main hand is out of comission, and I'm doing everything left handed

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I have been watching thebarcaroller for a long time, he is pretty good too!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
His channel is the first thing I log onto in the morning while enjoying my coffee. I never miss a day. His views on earthquakes seem reasonable as do his views on climate (Earth and solar system).

Ya, I watch every morning as well.

Kind of strange how this isn't making news, as I have taken many geology courses, and we learned that earthquakes, unlike most other natural disasters, are pretty much impossible to predict. Foreshocks are considered useless predictors as they generate many more false positives than actual quakes. You would think this would kind of turn the world of geology and its head, and be the biggest thing since modern plate tectonic theory. But no, we hear crickets out of the geologic world.

It's definitely some that really needs more analysis - the interaction between the solar magnetic field, Earth's magnetic field and those of the gas giants like Jupiter and Saturn.

But geologists have enough work cut out for them analyzing fault lines, sedimentation layers, prehistoric magnetic fields, igneous rocks, salt domes, erosion and deposition of rivers, coastline erosion to even worry about the interaction of solar and planetary magnetic fields. How would they go about analyzing this ... In satellite orbit, the global magnetic field dominates, but on the surface of the earth local field lines and loops dominate. At times in the past, when the Earth's magnetic field was at a minimum, there might have been two or three "North poles" and "South poles" at the same time.

The only thing that's really known is that a strong solar magnetic field can actually heat up the mantle layers of the Earth causing enough expansion to trigger an earthquake or volcano. And cosmic radiation can trigger rainstorms through the interaction of positive ions (hydrogen) with ionized oxygen forming water.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

Never heard of that guy, but he seems to be on the same wavelength, good to see the info is getting out there.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I'd like to hear your thoughts, and dare anyone to find documented predictions that have a better record than this.

There is a man in California, James O. "Jim" Berkland , an American geologist studying earthquake prediction.
Note.. a Geologist... who predicts earthquakes very accurately by keeping statistics on surges of missing animals in newspaper clippings and pet sites. We all know that animals have an instinct or sense that we do not understand, but they freak out right before earthquakes. Perhaps they hear low frequency rumbles that we cannot, whatever. It is fringe science, but make a lot more sense than thinking that the Sun has any effect on earthquakes.

The earth reacts to coronal discharges in the ionosphere, where it produces Aurora phenomena. There is no downlink of this energy into the atmosphere, let alone the surface of the earth. There is also certainly no gravity effect from these coronal storms. So where is the science here that could cause any increase in earthquake activity, irregardless of statistics that seen to have some correlation? Find a scientific reason why this can happen and you have something, otherwise it has no academic legs.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

You make some good points, the field of geology still has many unknowns and/or murky areas which need more clarity; however I think earthquake prediction would be near the top or at the top of the geology field's "to accomplish" list.

The other areas of geology fall under the "interesting" or "good for some applications" such as mining, civil engineering, environmental engineering etc, but think of the lives saved if scientists could predict the next big one in quake prone areas like any high density population area on the ring of fire.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Thanks. Any links or documentation of past accurate predictions?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

reply to post by charlyv

Thanks. Any links or documentation of past accurate predictions?

Wikpedia sites most of his works, he has published over 50 white papers.
en.wikipedia.org...
And here is another nice link on him..
www.sentientpublications.com...

Also, as a correction to my previous post, I am not talking about huge, massive CME events that can cause electron storms that can neutralize electrical conduit in power stations These are huge events, and are not the kind of events that they are using in the OP's analysis.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm a daily watcher.. I tie his observations into my day-to-day life so frequently that I think my brain would become boring for any day that I missed it.

He has a Tumblr account now, at least I would assume its his (it's of the same name); I don't know whether it's longterm and I would doubt that it is, but he may be testing the waters.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

It looks like you're suggesting the ejecta can't make it through the ionosphere. How, then, does the Haarp induction magnetometer detect solar events? Surely if the fluctuations can be detected ostensibly at ground level, then the field could also have an effect below the surface on electromagnetically responsive materials like metals and crystals.

I'm not hoping to disprove you, you seem relatively sure of yourself, so you can probably tell me where my logic is incorrect.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Very interesting, thanks for the heads up have never seen this guys YT channel. Makes me think a thread just for posting the most awesome, educational Youtube channels members visit regularly would be pretty cool. Haven't seen a thread like that yet anyway. There are some big well known YT channels out there, but I am sure tons most of us might not have ever found before, like the one in this thread...very cool, thanks again.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

SO is the first thing I watch every morning. I love what he's doing for the Electric Universe theory and I can't wait until the mainstream finally catches on.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

reply to post by grantbeed

The whole Sun Activity/Earthquake Numbers has been debated so many times on this website. In the end the facts show no increase in Earthquake activity whatsoever due to Solar Activity.

In over 600 videos posted on YT he has never claimed that the sun causes earthquakes.

Well considering what you said in your opening post -

One of his more noticeable observations is that the earth, without a doubt, experiences an uptick in earthquakes in relation to Sun coronal holes

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

When someone makes a claim don't always believe their claim or data without checking.

Sun Coronal Hole.

Coronal hole tag Location Earth facing position date
CH543 trans equatorial 2012.10.31
CH546 trans equatorial 2012.11.27
CH547 trans equatorial 2012.12.06
CH549 trans equatorial 2013.01.03

Earthquakes worldwide

Earthquakes Oct 31st 2012

Earthquakes Nov 27th 2012

Earthquakes Dec 6th 2012

Earthquakes Jan 3rd 2013

Coronal hole facing Earth and NO repeat NOT one mag 6.0 Earthquake those days.

Four coronal holes facing the Earth 4 months in a row with NO mag 6 earthquakes anywhere in the world so if his theory was true there should have been

edit on 1-4-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

When there is a geocentric planetary alignment in conjunction with a coronal hole is when I believe we have seen the upticks in the earthquake watches, not just coronal holes on their own, and the major factor appears to be the planetary alignments.

edit on 1-4-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

That's not my post and I didn't type that.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

The whole Sun Activity/Earthquake Numbers has been debated so many times on this website. In the end the facts show no increase in Earthquake activity whatsoever due to Solar Activity.

In over 600 videos posted on YT he has never claimed that the sun causes earthquakes.

Well considering what you said in your opening post -

One of his more noticeable observations is that the earth, without a doubt, experiences an uptick in earthquakes in relation to Sun coronal holes

Correlation is not causation. Note the words "causes" in the first quote and "in relation to" in your second quote.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

reply to post by wmd_2008

When there is a geocentric planetary alignment in conjunction with a coronal hole is when I believe we have seen the upticks in the earthquake watches, not just coronal holes on their own, and the major factor appears to be the planetary alignments.

edit on 1-4-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

I suggest you re read your op then from it

One of his more noticeable observations is that the earth, without a doubt, experiences an uptick in earthquakes in relation to Sun coronal holes and/or planetary alignments. I think there can be no doubt in which direction the causality lies.

Section in bold important words and/or

So what exactly do you think a planetary alignment looks like post a picture or a description

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join