It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone is predicting quakes........

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Thought this was very interesting.

Many of you know about the 2/3/4 min news guy aka Suspicious0bservers on youtube.

He documents every morning the daily earth and cosmic phenomenon we are experiencing. Refrains from speculation for the most part, still the inferences from the data he is collecting are quite obvious to the layman, yet we are hearing nothing from mainstream science about them.

One of his more noticeable observations is that the earth, without a doubt, experiences an uptick in earthquakes in relation to Sun coronal holes and/or planetary alignments. I think there can be no doubt in which direction the causality lies.

So, for January 2013, he stated there were no major planetary (geocentric) alignments, and the major earthquakes that occurred (as defined by Suspicious0bservers as greater or equal to 6.0) were below the average, the average being 3/week, whereas in Jan 2013 we experienced one per week. However, during planetary alignments at the end of January and the beginning of February, and with an earth facing coronal hole, we experienced a huge uptick in earthquakes, sometimes 2-3 perday, WAY higher than the average of 2-3 per week.

Some ignorant poster mentioned something about this being no more prescient than the outcome than flipping a coin, whereas I don't think the chance of having a significant earthquake is a binary occurrence, and obviously the above predictions not only include the predicting of a higher chance of earthquakes at certain times, but also the correct prediction of a lower incidence of earthquakes at other times.

Here is a little longer youtube video with a summation of the observations:

Here is a shorter one which summarizes the predictions of a slow January and uptick at the beginning of February:

This video contains an obscure scientific paper which discusses some of these findings:

I'd like to hear your thoughts, and dare anyone to find documented predictions that have a better record than this.

Here are some screenshots of his stats which show a clear, undeniable strong correlation.

Watch days overlain with actual quakes:

Quake watch days vs non watch days:

edit on 30-3-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
His channel is the first thing I log onto in the morning while enjoying my coffee. I never miss a day. His views on earthquakes seem reasonable as do his views on climate (Earth and solar system).

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
His channel is the first thing I log onto in the morning while enjoying my coffee. I never miss a day. His views on earthquakes seem reasonable as do his views on climate (Earth and solar system).

Ya, I watch every morning as well.

Kind of strange how this isn't making news, as I have taken many geology courses, and we learned that earthquakes, unlike most other natural disasters, are pretty much impossible to predict. Foreshocks are considered useless predictors as they generate many more false positives than actual quakes. You would think this would kind of turn the world of geology and its head, and be the biggest thing since modern plate tectonic theory. But no, we hear crickets out of the geologic world.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
EYES OPEN
NO FEAR

i love SO, i never miss his news

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I must say I am a fan. I have learned a lot about the sun's activity, among other things, since I started watching his channel.

And the list of links in the description box below every video is a great resource if you are into that kind of stuff.

Eyes open. No fear. Its 630am and thats the news.

Edit: Someone beat me to it, but, I say it with him everyday

edit on 30-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I have not heard of this guy. I just subscribed to his channel, thank you guys for alerting me to his

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
i also watch this guy. His videos are some of the best out there, mostly because his sources are listed and verifiable. Whether you believe his suppositions are up to you. He merely presents his data and where he thinks things are going to happen.

Eyes open. No fear everyone.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I bought a mug from his CafePress shop saying "....and that's the news; Be safe everyone."

BEAT THAT!!!

Seriously, I LOVE S0. He is the Corbett Report of astrophysics and earthquakes. Sorry, TrueAmerican and PuterMan, but you should subscribe to him. He schools ALL.

Suspicious0bsevers can stand under my umbra-ella. Eh. Eh. Eh. Eh.

edit on 30-3-2013 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'll take next Wednesday at 3:00 for my prediction.
No kidding, I have a pretty good chance of seeing one at that time somewhere in the world.

That guy is pretty good, I watched some of his stuff.
edit on 31-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE
[more

Flipping a coin sounds familiar........Hmmmm.
One person can't help but to promote his own theories, you will probably here from him. He admits that he has never watched any of SO's videos. Yet jump's right in to debunk them.

BTW if you post anymore of SO's videos expect a note from staff I got several when I tried.

Good luck!!!!

S&F O/P

edit on 31-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

BTW if you post anymore of SO's videos expect a note from staff I got several when I tried.

?????? Why? He's like the best of the Alt media. If TrueAmerican can get flags, why not S0?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
He has been my weatherman for quite some time now.
Slowly I am even beginning to understand some of what he is saying.

In all seriousness, his dedication will save lives.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I watch his news every day. I love his reporting and you can hear how much he enjoys it. His quake watches have never let him or us down, so I don't at all doubt his prediction system. I wish his show was an hour long! 2-4 minutes isn't enough.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I watch S0 every morning! I am always viewer 301. lol
I recommend him to anyone who wants honest info.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
[more

Flipping a coin sounds familiar........Hmmmm.
One person can't help but to promote his own theories, you will probably here from him. He admits that he has never watched any of SO's videos. Yet jump's right in to debunk them.

Good luck!!!!

S&F O/P

edit on 31-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

That is interesting......mind sharing what the note was about or pm'ing me? Thanks...........

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Oh yay! Thanks for the info and links to his channel. I have not heard of him yet.

Has he gotten any right? I would assume so...

Oh... never mind. I have heard him before (listening now), however I have never watched on my own without a link... will subscribe now.
Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
If you observe the earthquakes that occure, you will definitely see a period, more or less... but you can't predict when, where and how stong an earthquake hits.

For example if you see the data that muzzy, Puterman and other members collected, you will see that there is always a certain period between low activity and high activity, but even this period is not really constant. it changes sometimes. but you can always see a trend. for example last week (don't remember whicht though) there where 2 days with no M5+ erathquakes and the last 30 hours or so they start popping up again. now we have an uptrend, maybe until something big strikes, and then it will go down again.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by aLLeKs
If you observe the earthquakes that occure, you will definitely see a period, more or less... but you can't predict when, where and how stong an earthquake hits.

For example if you see the data that muzzy, Puterman and other members collected, you will see that there is always a certain period between low activity and high activity, but even this period is not really constant. it changes sometimes. but you can always see a trend. for example last week (don't remember whicht though) there where 2 days with no M5+ erathquakes and the last 30 hours or so they start popping up again. now we have an uptrend, maybe until something big strikes, and then it will go down again.

Well, if you watch the videos and look at the stats, Suspicious0bservers seems to being doing a better job than anyone on the planet of predicting the "when", though the where, apart from known faults and/or plate boundaries is still unpredictable.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Tonight's forecast... Dark. Continued mostly dark tonight, changing to widely scattered light in the morning.

Sorry. Had to do it.

And thank you George Carlin ... For the memories.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

I agree 110% percent, this site should be a place where all theories are welcome. SO belongs daily on the alternative news fourm.

BTW when any of the members post earth quake threads check SO's news the day before, or the day of their threads. It's kind of odd the the predicition threads mirror his reports.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join