It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry Mates. Australia To Cut Out US Dollar.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Mine is. It has reinforced door handles and chrome plated greese nipples. Even better than a kingswood

And shhhh don't type that sort of stuff too loud, you'll hurt its feelings

edit on 1-4-2013 by greatfriendbadfoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

so you could care less or you couldn't care less? Which one do you mean as they bring about totally different explainations to what you have typed

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

A Rodeo is not a beast of a ute...

Also a real beast wouldn`t have got stuck because of a creek in Gin Gin

What did we have 25mm of rain a couple of weeks ago in one day? hardly a deluge that even a Holden Rodeo should be scared of.

But it pulled out a bogged bus
come on,what was it a hertz pop top HiAce full of poms

Ok I`m getting mean now,must stop,too funny.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

oh that hurts. And my poor little rodeo picked up on it and won't start. Now you've done it, It'll ake me days of pampering it and telling it how great it is to get it going. Hey, wait a minute, that's my ex wife that I had to do that. re the rain, not up in the bundy region. We went to a place called cedars crossing to go into town. Well the cedars was there but no crossing, the whole bridge was under. same with our creek. There was debris in the trees about 4m above the level of the road. wouldn't have made it even with the little yellow rubber ducks that attach to the hubs

and dead set, it was a full sized greyhound coach. The bus driver was trying to make it move and I had the chains pulling it as well. One little pommy las came up and said "you're sure you have it in 4 wheel drive because your wheels are spinning" in her little pommy accent, I rolled my eyes and said, hang on I'll check, does 4L mean 4 wheel drive, I haven't done this before. she looked at me like I was being serious. Gotta luv poms. Before I lost dad, he had a saying, you can always tell a pommy but you can't tell em much. No offence poms, I have a couple of good pommy mates so please take it in good fun
edit on 1-4-2013 by greatfriendbadfoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by greatfriendbadfoe

Haha yeah I know whats its like to get attached to an old faithful stead,I had an old hilux for 17 years and thought I`d be buried in it,tell the Rodeo I`m sorry and pat the dash,she`ll be right

Anyway I thought you meant Gingin in WA.
edit on 1-4-2013 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiefD
This entire thread is pretty sad.

I always thought the Aussies were our friends.

Reading the posts on here, I no longer think that.

I'd always hoped to visit Australia some day. But I probably wouldn't be treated very well, nor be safe.

Sorry I feel this way. Just sad.

I too have alwase been facinated by Australia, its wildlife, culture, and history.. (I even started playing the didge)
but I agree in the sense that it doesn't seem so welcoming to US Americans.. however, being from California seems to make me viewed as a Californian more, than american
That didn't come out like it sounded in my head. Hope your "picking up what I'm putting down"....
edit on 1-4-2013 by tinyDAWK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
No problem mate, we wanted you to go to China anyway. It's more cost effective to keep you dealing with a communist nation, and exporting to your island is becoming less cost effective by the day. So, when the War finally kick's off and China leaves you for the birds, don't expect America to come to your aid. (America the great Humanitarian's, that they are)

No Harm, No Foul on our part you wanted that change Mate~

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheConstruKctionofLight

The day Australia has a deal to install a military base in the United States, and not the other way around, you let me know and we'll talk about how much you "rule".
reply to post by 00nunya00

Oh how we remember well!!! Just like your kind wiped out Kennedy when he tried to reinstall a gold based banking system, your CIA assinated our Prime Minister Holt when he started looking into Pine Gap base too closely.
Do friends do these things to each other. Either you are blind to history or comfortable with the fact that Americas wealth is predicated in the looting of other nations and might is right.

Man, you gave me a good laugh!

1)NIXON took the US off the Gold Standard, not Kennedy or anyone recently before him. JFK signed the EO that gave the Fed MORE power, not less. Go back and read history again, bub.

2)How is our CIA killing your PM who tried to mess with our CIA assets any sort of proof of you "ruling"?

3)There are no "friends" in this world, and if you believe that anyone in this world is anyone's else's "ally" in reality, you're woefully naive.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You know what happen to Benito Mussolini after WW 2 Right Aussie man?

On 24 July 1943, soon after the start of the Allied invasion of Italy, Mussolini was defeated in the vote at the Grand Council of Fascism, and the day after the King had him arrested. On 12 September 1943, Mussolini was rescued from prison in the daring Gran Sasso raid by German special forces. In late April 1945, with total defeat looming, Mussolini attempted to escape north, only to be quickly captured and summarily executed near Lake Como by Italian partisans. His body was then taken to Milan where it was hung upside down at a petrol station for public viewing and to provide confirmation of his demise.

I would not be too quick to jump sides.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hey, to those yanks on here that are feeling "not so loved" by us aussies. The original article heading came from an article written by some fool american who imo, is acting a bit too big for his britches (the saying "wipe your mouth with some toilet paper mate, you're dribbling" comes to mind) then picked up by some fool aussie who is probably either mentally challenged or is waiting to rech that magic age of puberty.

so I think it shows there are a couple of dipsticks there that are like the guys on the side of a school yard fight between 2 good mates. Neither of blokes in the fight want to be there but the sleezy, cowardly maggots on the side are egging them on.

Don't get your knickers in a twist, there are many many aussies who know through personal experience how great an friend you guys have been and are to us and we are willing to reciprocate. imo you're appreciated and welcome here any time

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatfriendbadfoe
Hey, to those yanks on here that are feeling "not so loved" by us aussies. The original article heading came from an article written by some fool american who imo, is acting a bit too big for his britches (the saying "wipe your mouth with some toilet paper mate, you're dribbling" comes to mind) then picked up by some fool aussie who is probably either mentally challenged or is waiting to rech that magic age of puberty.

so I think it shows there are a couple of dipsticks there that are like the guys on the side of a school yard fight between 2 good mates. Neither of blokes in the fight want to be there but the sleezy, cowardly maggots on the side are egging them on.

Don't get your knickers in a twist, there are many many aussies who know through personal experience how great an friend you guys have been and are to us and we are willing to reciprocate. imo you're appreciated and welcome here any time

Hey, good for you, you have my respect. As an aside, my Dad always loved and respected Australia, especially after he got too drunk at a pub there one night on a business trip, got tossed out (literally) on his arse, passed out in the hotel room afterwards and had to wake up and shower off his shirt-scab before an early morning conference. Good times.
Y'all can be ballers, I'll give you that.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

hell 90% (+) of or cheap low quality products come from China, a lot of our American based companies are in China.

There is the rub, your companies are based there and all the workforce is based there. How does this help the American dollar when all their workforce is Chinese?

The clincher is that Australia is super saturated in Natural resources and has actually more money to burn a 100 times over than China or the USA simply because of their ground wealth.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 1-4-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
Hate Americans much? Business as usual you say? You could not wait to get your 20 posts in before you wrote your first thread. What is your agenda here I wonder

As Australian we would be foolhardy to hang on to our financial ties with with the US when we are clearly disadvantaged more than we need to be in the current system. To my knowledge none of the other western nations are as financilly secure as Australia is, and much of that has to do with our close ties to asia. How dare you accuse somebody of ''Hating America'' for trying to look after ourselves for once instead of doing what we are told by the US top brass.

Thats the problem with you yanks, its always your either with us or against us, its a terrible attitude to have towards other people and it only fosters hostility and negativity. Enjoy the fall of the financial cliff, dont blame us for it this was brought on to your own country by its corrupt banking system not by any outside force, you cant get upset that the international community is trying to distance itself from the sinking ship that is the US economy

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Well...I do.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Just to clarify that I am from Canada, and I do not see a rosy picture for us unlike Australia who are booming.

We are doing alright here but being so closely tied to the States will not be good for us.

I Rue the day we did the "Free Trade" deal and sold our National Resources out from the feet of the people of Canada.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Originally posted by wemustbreakyou

Why cut ourselves off when we are the most well positioned OECD nation? We rule.

The day Australia has a deal to install a military base in the United States, and not the other way around, you let me know and we'll talk about how much you "rule".

well thats an interesting way to look at it but it will be even more interesting to see how the US funds its expensive military operations around the world when its economy is in tatters. Isnt that a big chunk of the problem for the US? so much cash spent on maintaining military operations? its an unsustainable practice, and exponential growth is a falacy, the US cant keep expanding inot new territory, id be very surpirsed if they can maintain their current presence for another 10 years tops

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
No problem mate, we wanted you to go to China anyway. It's more cost effective to keep you dealing with a communist nation, and exporting to your island is becoming less cost effective by the day. So, when the War finally kick's off and China leaves you for the birds, don't expect America to come to your aid. (America the great Humanitarian's, that they are)

No Harm, No Foul on our part you wanted that change Mate~

yeah exporting to us has become difficult for the US cause our dollar is now stronger than yours when it used to sit around 70c in the dollar, thats the only reason its become less viable to export to aus

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I would prefer that this great doormat on the arse end of the world were more like the Scandinavian countries.

Looking after the citizens first and keeping their noses out of the crap that goes on elsewhere.

I hate how Australia brown noses and arse licks it's way to be everyone's friend. Other countries just rape and exploit us, buy up all our farms and rip us off.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Looks like Germanicus got banned again...too bad, I always liked reading what he wrote, even when I didn't agree.

2nd

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
There is the rub, your companies are based there and all the workforce is based there.

No offense, I'm amazed at the lack of coherent thought with some of you people. If you don't know, simply don't say anything. Jesus. No, US companies are headquartered in the US, not China. They outsource part of their production line to China where Chinese workers - who work for near slave type wages - assemble the appliance. China has virtually no say whatsoever in what goes into the product. Nor is China influential in the innovation of these products...

How does this help the American dollar when all their workforce is Chinese?

First off, manufacturing is less than 10% of the US workforce. Still, with mining plus utilities, the US produces roughly $2.5 trillion in manufacturing output per year (which makes America the worlds largest manufacturer, not China). China has 100 million (rough estimate) employed in the manufacturing sector there. Yet that 100 million produces slightly less than that 12 million does in the US. This means that it takes approximately 11 Chinese workers to roughly equal the same output that it takes 1 worker in the US. This is primarily due to efficiency gains, automation, etc. Manufacturing really is a dieing jobs sector due to automation. With 3D printing set to replace manual labor in manufacturing, countries like China will be the ones left out in the cold.

3D printing to make outsourcing to low wage countries obsolete

The clincher is that Australia is super saturated in Natural resources and has actually more money to burn a 100 times over than China or the USA simply because of their ground wealth.

Regards, Iwinder

The US is awash in natural resources as well. America is already the worlds third largest oil producer in the world, and according to Goldman Sachs and the IEA, will take the #1 spot as the worlds largest oil producer by 2015. The US is also the second largest producer of Natural Gas today, and is expected to surpass Russia in this regard by no later than 2015.

Oil Production by Country
Natural Gas Production by Country

edit on 1-4-2013 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join