It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry Mates. Australia To Cut Out US Dollar.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This entire thread is pretty sad.

I always thought the Aussies were our friends.

Reading the posts on here, I no longer think that.

I'd always hoped to visit Australia some day. But I probably wouldn't be treated very well, nor be safe.

Sorry I feel this way. Just sad.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by typhoon310

this guy is giving us true australians a bad name

He is expressing his opinion which is something valued in a democratic society.

if your driving through the bush and someone is bogged and you have a winch, do you leave them for dead and drive on?, no you stop and help a mate out no matter how bad it is.

When looking at the relationship between Australia and America it is more like coming across a crashed Boeing 747 in our Holden ute. At best we could salvage a few parts before the thing blows up as America is going to do what America wants to do. For any Americans thinking of getting out, the 457 Work Visa would be the best option.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by salainen

So you are made to vote in AUS? what If you do not?

You get fined. You can go to jail for not voting, or not being on the Electoral Roll. Its a ridiculous system here, although not as bad as in America, where voting is completely rigged, at least here the majority does rule (although there is some unfortunate messing around with the electoral regions).

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiefD

Don't base your opinion on all Australians from the posts of a few people on an internet forum! There's always multiple sides to a story. I doubt if the OP has actually spent any time in the U.S.A... I for one have, and it was very different to what I was expecting it to be like... Most of the people I met were very warm, extremely generous and humble/down to earth, much like many Australians also are...

A large percentage of Americans don't vote (or follow politics) because they know the whole system is a scam. This can unfortunately cause them to be quite ignorant of what their administration is actually doing in the world and how it is viewed by people overseas. Their MSM never shows the truth about anything

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
reply to post by rock427

I have to say this and I hope this does not stir up the pot but the US is no longer the Super Power they once were, once you wrap your noggin around that fact you will realize that your situation is dire to say the least.

Everyone right now in the world is hurting big time.

Regards, Iwinder

I don't think you stirred the pot with the above post. But it is a bit vague. For debates sake, what exactly do you mean by "no longer the superpower it once was"?
edit on 31-3-2013 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wemustbreakyou

Took you long enough.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Money comes and money goes, money has no home to root.

Good I say, maybe we'll actually get to live as we were meant to...without money. Let it fail I say, then we may witness what real humanity is all about. Witness what caliber of civility money has bought us over the years.

Money=Slavery

Let the US Dollar fail, the Australian Yuan (which is what your currency would effectively be by dropping US Currency altogether), the peso, the mark.....who cares?

Let it fall through the floor so we can get back to living free. Hard living you say? Only for the weak minded.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
reply to post by typhoon310

this guy is giving us true australians a bad name

He is expressing his opinion which is something valued in a democratic society.

if your driving through the bush and someone is bogged and you have a winch, do you leave them for dead and drive on?, no you stop and help a mate out no matter how bad it is.

When looking at the relationship between Australia and America it is more like coming across a crashed Boeing 747 in our Holden ute. At best we could salvage a few parts before the thing blows up as America is going to do what America wants to do. For any Americans thinking of getting out, the 457 Work Visa would be the best option.

We got stuck in Gin Gin the other week when we couldn't get back across the creek to our home. so we spent the night in a 24 hour take away car park. I had the company of the steering wheel, my 17 yo son had the front passenger's seat and my beautiful wife was able to have the whole back seat (well, along with our 2 dogs one of which is a 3 yo, very active and playful malamute. so sleep wasn't really the order of the night. About 3am, a greyhound coach loaded with poms turned up for a snack and dunny break. But the bus driver wasn't familiar with the black, sticky soil found in the area. Hence, the bus got bogged.

Not to just sit around and do nothing, my son and I got out the chains from the back of our holden rodeo ute and pulled the bus out. Lots of pommies taking pics of this beast of a ute pulling out the bus.
Wish I had some pics, we could have sent them to holden as a great promo for their cars

Thought I'd mention it as that is what any real aussie would do. I guess it is in our dna. aussies don't usually sit back and take, we have a culture of getting in there and giving a helping hand. Hence, the strong relationship we have with the usa imo will never die. My thoughts on the OP are possibly he is say a pom who has come out here and is trying to pass himself off as an aussie. We don't use mates as a plural in that context, much more something like fellas. Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiefD

Chief, feel free to visit down under, most aussies that I know are friendly and open. sure we'll tell you what we think, but you WILL know where you stand. so when I say, welcome mate, you can take it to the bank. (oops these days I guess that isn'treally a good statement

but I hope you get what I mean )

Won't be able to give you much help if you turned up due to our geography (miles from anywhere),but our place would be there if you needed it

regards
greatfriendbadfoe

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
WOW. Just friggin wow. Click on a thread about Australian economic concerns and find myself back in world war two, with the allies fighting each other this time. Crikey
Just so we get this straight - Australia is doing a massive currency swap with China, they buy about a third of our exports - cool, they think it would be a lot easier/cheaper/safer to use our respective currencies - cool
Makes enough sense.
The article goes on to say that the Aussies are also trying to push for China to have thier currency as the global reserve currency. Now, don't take this personally, but the USD is failing. Quite simply it sucks, looks like it will continue to suck harder the deeper America gets into debt. I'm ok with it not being the worlds reserve currency. This does not make us enemies. World war two was a long time ago, pretty sure NONE of you fought in it. So put your dicks away and take your wallets out, this thread is about money. Nothing personal.

Cool?

cool.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Oh yeah???

Well we are gonna cut out the Australian....

Wait...we don't use it.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by greatfriendbadfoe

So for arguments sake lets say our little ute can pull America out of its bog, how? Our media is just as censored, our politicians just as bound and our financial elite just as tied up in the corruption. The issues of corruption seam to be the main cause as integrity degrades. I know the US courts have deflected all cases involving 9/11 with prejudice and while it is likely that an Australian court will do the same, it has not been tested as far as I know.

I know there are a lot of fears of a collapse if America was to clean its self up and here in Australia we will also have a lot of difficult questions to answer for. But if the political system is to get the reality check it needs before all control is lost and the drones sent in I am not sure what else could be done, any other ideas?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddy21
Funny... Americans and Australians in full fledged open war in the forum , not something you see everyday

It actually happened nearly everyday last year.

That is, until a lot of Aussie members kicked the bucket...

I actually copped the blame for the whole Aussie/American war last year (by some members)

Thankfully, i am still here though...

I had to reinvent myself accordingly

edit on 1-4-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Exactly. He writes crap like that, and then has the gall to be insulted when I cast doubt on his being an Australian. I think the OP's allegiance is to Beijing or Pyongyang, not Canberra.

Yes but sadly or not sadly depending on you re opinion on multicult & immigration pple like him are typical of much of Australia,s younger population. We are no longer some anglo bronzed enclave of Paul Hogans although QLD and WA, SA still hold many.
Worst of all we cant criticise pple like him in public as caucasians lest we get called racist and charged with racial vilification by the law which treacherous local coppers(masons) are more than happy to enforce.
Yes with Aussie you would have to watch you re back because many are no longer even euro and those that are no longer give dam about anything except number one. Certainly no one here gives a toss here about Australia other than crass jingoism the type you hear most often from aussie tourists/backpackers when abroad.
edit on 1-4-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: none

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
OK after going through this thread, I found that on page 2, a poster with the handle Helen Conway enlightened us that the OP actually took the title from somewhere else.

To cartenz, since my comments way back to the OP about "are you really an aussie" was directly related to the title, I guess my gut feeling was spot on. You see, the title came from an article by Ryan Villarreal, an american.(see Helen Conway's post on page 2 of this epic) so even though my guess of it being a pommy was not correct, my gut feeling that it wasn't written by an aussie was right on the money. so all of your pius ranting and raving about being offended for calling him un australian was as I pointed out long ago just insipid bs. Hope you like the feel of egg all over your face.
so in summary,
1) my gut feeling was correct re the not aussie thing
2) my explaination for not being able to use capitals and my lack of an s was proven correct and your holier than thou lecture on how I should be able to overcome it was wrong
3) you didn't have the balls to admit that your attempt at educating me was at best flawed

so, imo checkmate, done and dusted, over and next time, don't insult me then cry like a little girl when I call you a dip stick in reply. ................................ the end.

But don't worry cartenz, if you're an aussie, I'll still have your back if push comes to shove whenever needed. Heck, that's what aussies do for other aussies.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wemustbreakyou
Australia is an Asian nation and we are well positioned to enter the Asian Century.

Since when is Australia an Asian country?

Have people lost the plot?
Or are you one of those Chinamen who are infamous for spreading ridiculous propaganda and myths on Internet forums?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
the reality appears to be that europe will collapse economically.
whether USA collapse before or after is debateable.
you cant print money endlessly and send your jobs overseas and engage in wars all over the world and expect to thrive.

as someone once announced;
how went the USSR, so goes the rest of the world!

it appears they were right on the money. this will probably mean world war and you wont need a screen to see some of it.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by iBallinU

Originally posted by wemustbreakyou
Australia is an Asian nation and we are well positioned to enter the Asian Century.

Since when is Australia an Asian country?

Have people lost the plot?
Or are you one of those Chinamen who are infamous for spreading ridiculous propaganda and myths on Internet forums?

Its true that Australia is not in Asia, Australia resides on its own continent.

But have you ever heard of "Asia-Pacific"? Australia is one of those countries... Have a look at a map.

Yes, Australia is a part of the Commonwealth, and you could say that Australia is therefore British, but its still in a region very close to Asia.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by greatfriendbadfoe

A Rodeo is not a beast of a ute...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I'm American, I could care less what country or what from of money you use to do business with. America deals with China... hell 90% (+) of or cheap low quality products come from China, a lot of our American based companies are in China.

American's pump more than 500 Billion in their economy yearly, don't see any reason your country can't do the same... who knows, you may get more bang for your buck due to America's inappropriate government money management scam we have going on right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join