It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Business-Labor Accord Reached on U.S. Guest-Worker Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Business-Labor Accord Reached on U.S. Guest-Worker Program

www.bloomberg.com

Business and labor leaders have reached an agreement on allocating visas to low-skilled foreign workers, marking a breakthrough in the Democratic-controlled Senate’s effort to overhaul U.S. immigration laws.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the nation’s largest business lobbying group, and the AFL-CIO, the biggest labor federation, had disagreed over wage levels in a proposed guest-worker program, The dispute had threatened to derail an eight-member, bipartisan Senate group’s efforts to spearhead the broadest immigration-law rewrite in almost 30 years.

The accord clears the last major
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Great, another blow to the US economy. I know I know, low skilled workers right? In a country where we have an under employed unskilled workforce these jobs are whats keeping our ecnonomy afloat. We don't need more unskilled labor in this country. We need an educated skilled workforce that can enable companies to bring manufacturing back to America. I am sickened by this article. I just don't know what to think anymore.

Edit: Not to mention they are enabling 200,000 more immigrants a year to enter our country. UNSKILLED.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-3-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I guess they figured with unemployment running over 7% and double digit in many places ...We're terribly short of low skilled workers? Wow.... Now that IS a news flash. I'm sure glad those smart guys are up there to take care of this for us. Here I was thinking we had a problem of more workers than we had jobs.

Now that simply can't be the case when our own Congress is pushing whole new ways to add more and more workers to the labor pool. Yes. I must just be terribly misunderstanding the whole block of data the Bureau of Labor stats puts out on a regular basis. Wait.....BOL is part of the same Government? Hey, something's a little funny here!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Its sickening Wrabbit. This whole country is turning to crap, our culture is crap. People are walking dead in this country right now i cant even stand it anymore.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This is happening in Australia right now. There is public debate over the 457 guest worker visas. The conservatives are calling people racist for not wanting 'guest workers' taking our jobs. Rich coming from our most racist party. Our version of Republicans is the Liberals. ( confusing I know )

Both Australia and America pushing through the same thing. We must remember that the corporatists have no borders and they plan things a long time in advance.

Remember the South Park episode on Mexicans all leaving America and there being nobody to do the worst jobs that Americans dont want to do.....? Yes have a think..... Thats right. South Park are Big Business propagandists incase you missed.it. South Park laughs at you. You are the joke.
edit on 30-3-2013 by wemustbreakyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This government makes me sick to my stomache.

They are so out of touch it isnt even funny.

Have they looked outside their Govt buildings lately? Citizens in this country are so disenfranchised we might as well be ghosts. Employment rate hasnt dropped- people have just lost hope in their govts ability to do a damned thing for them.

I hope the house smashes all over this.

AFL CIO DEMANDING.

PSH.

We are all screwed- Government is out of control. Americans are on a forced diet of rice and beans while illegals are getting the govt meat the was cut out of their diet do to Govts ineptness. Not to mention the fact that everyday Americans are being attacked by their govt in every way shape and form all in the name of sequesration. We have all sorts of unemployed l"low skilled" workers in this country. Why isnt the effort going towards them? The very people that keep them in office?

Americans have every right to be damned mad at this pathetic excuse for a peoples government.

I wonder if there is anything else that they demand while we are at it, cause my wallet is already empty. But what the hell- Put it on my future grandkids bill. Make them slaves so we can cater to criminals.
Thats the right thing to do.

F em.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
A big agro business in america lost millions of dollars of produce becuase they couldn't find enough americans willing and able to pick it. A colorado construction company had to close because they couldn't find laborers .They put up signs in the local high school 15 dollars per hour to dig diches. not one person applied. A few years ago I lived in a trailor park.ihad surgery and couldn't do it so I tried to find a local kid to mow my lawn. 30 dollars for 1 hour of work. I supplied the mower and the gas. Of the twenty kids my wife and I asked not one would do it. I eventualy got my nephew to come over and do it (He wouldn't take my money so I bought him the new assassins game.) In my family we teach work ethic and other values that seem to be lacking in the new america. I agree that some people can't find jobs because the Jobs are taken by people who are here illigally. I have seen some cases of guest workers who are now endentured servents.Pay them 300 a week charge them 200 rent for a no bedroom trailor they share with 15 other Guests 150 for food.This is nothing new. Does "The company store" ring a bell? This ia about corporate greed. A lot of wallmart employees have to get food stamps because they are not paid a living wage.I say tax the bastards for every dollar thier employees have to get in assistance.With some exceptions of course. (The single mother with 6 kids all from different fathers)Corporate and political greed and a lack of morals and values are ruining this country.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So you think that corporate/big business doesn't pull the Governments strings. They wanted cheap labor and they got it. Who is the Party of Big Business anyway?

There's where you should place the blame.

www.theamericanconservative.com...

townhall.com...

want more??

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 1-4-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join