It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USGOV Warning of Operation Black Summer CyberAttack Plot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I reveived this today from "Alerts USA". I tried using the quote box thing but it wouldn't work...

USGOV Warning of Operation Black Summer CyberAttack Plot

What You Need to Know
On March 28, 2013, AlertsUSA issued the following
Flash message to subscriber mobile devices:
U.S. nat'l security elements warning industry & infrastructure stakeholders of "jihadist" cyberattack plot against U.S. "vital services". More info forthcoming.

AlertsUSA subscribers were notified earlier in the week that the USGOV is warning industry & infrastructure stakeholders of "jihadist" cyberattack plot against U.S. "vital services". The alert was sent following a report on an al Qaeda-linked website (I deleted the site. Don't know if its' againts T&C to show here) that two groups have announced an “Open Invitation for All Hackers to Participate in what is being called ‘Operation Black Summer’.

The two groups involved in the planning are the al Qaeda Digital Army and the “Tunisian Cyber Army”. The groups clam to have already hacked numerous U.S. government sites including the U.S. State Department, the Army National Guard, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Office of Personnel Management. The attackers claim to have obtained sensitive information, including the IP addresses of government computers and servers, which is being retained for future attacks.

The group also says they had the assistance of “Chinese hacker" and have been using the Twitter hashtag ( I deleted the tag. Don't know if its' againts T&C to show here) for basic communications and coordination.

What do you think? Banks maybe? Grid?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
With a name like "Black Summer" I could only assume they were going after the power grid. No power at night would make it black indeed.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well you gotta give em a reason to use that big nice shining new data center in Utah

www.wired.com...

Personally I wouldn't make to much of it.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Ah man, come on.
No ruining the interwebs or killing the power ok jihadists?

Dont hate Americans, we work like MFers.
We aren't enjoying it all as much as you might think.

So how about a letter of complaint instead?
I promise we'll read it.

Think of the millions of constructive ways you could
show that jihad level of enthusiasm, without dying or killing.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
NO power..!?! If thats thier plan then bring it on, i could use a vacation and since i dont use A/C anyways its not big issue for me
though i cant imagine it would be out for any extended period of time but i could be wrong there.

Maybe its something more though...i dont know much about those alerts or who issues them, it could be a double edged sword.

They could make an attack that would have some serious effects for lots of people...or....it could have something to do this possible related information from an old thread about the gov using similar attacks as a false flag....or it could be both.

top topics

join