4.7 EQ Off California upgraded to 5.1

page: 1
19
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Keep it cool. It's not the end.


"STAY CALM Dammit!"


Just found it interesting that USGS went from 4.7 to 5.1 and a 5 is something to note. Usually they downgrade.



quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Little swarm going on between 4.7 and 5.1. Letting off some pressure most likely. Anyone feeling it? I know it's off the Coast but...Is Eureka experimenting again? I thought they were cancelled?


Peace

edit on 30-3-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)




posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Ah, I live as close as humanly possible to those red circles.

Guess what words came out of my mouth when I saw that picture.




posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap
 


Oh, right. Probably best if I answer your question eh?

No sir, no rumblings other than the usual.

Will keep you all posted though.



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The USGS dropped it back down to a 4.7. Either that, or I've unknowingly mastered the secrets of the universe and managed to time travel an hour back in time to the first magnitude posted *shrug*



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Ah, I live as close as humanly possible to those red circles.

Guess what words came out of my mouth when I saw that picture.



Let me guess...

&%^$**(#&#(&)@&#%!!!!!!

Is that close?


Peace



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I hope these aren't fore-shocks. And, I agree that upgrading is not USGS's usual style.

Stay safe, everyone.

S&F



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
The USGS dropped it back down to a 4.7. Either that, or I've unknowingly mastered the secrets of the universe and managed to time travel an hour back in time to the first magnitude posted *shrug*


Maybe you are a time traveller?


Still seeing this but who knows?

67 minutes ago
Magnitude: 5.1
DateTime: Saturday March 30 2013, 21:43:19 UTC
Region: off the coast of Northern California
Depth: 10.1 km
Source: USGS Feed

And

69 minutes ago
Magnitude: 5.1
DateTime: Saturday March 30 2013, 21:43:19 UTC
Region: Off Coast Of Northern California
Depth: 10 km
Source: CSEM-EMSC Feed

Oh well...At least we're not talking about 7's 8's or 9's.


Peace



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


GZF get instant M 5.1, but now they downgrade 5 min ago to M 4.8 after USGS put M 5.1


www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-3-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Mammoth lakes are been busy lately too.

Glad people are watching these.



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
WTH?!

I've been busy on my thread here and getting material so I hadn't been looking at the real time's for what the world was up to this evening. The quake list is just full of high 4's and 5's. Not just in one spot, but all over the pacific rim on the same day. Yikes! Nothing unprecedented, I don't mean to pull the fire alarm because it's not that stunning. Still.. I caught my breath to see it.

Global Earthquake Incident Index



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
WTH?!

I've been busy on my thread here and getting material so I hadn't been looking at the real time's for what the world was up to this evening. The quake list is just full of high 4's and 5's. Not just in one spot, but all over the pacific rim on the same day. Yikes! Nothing unprecedented, I don't mean to pull the fire alarm because it's not that stunning. Still.. I caught my breath to see it.

Global Earthquake Incident Index


Yup,

Been watching all day and those 4's and 5's are all over the place. Happens sometimes but still makes me sit up and notice.

Peace



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Not a swarm
The global incident/earthquake map posts all reports from multiple sources so they end up with lots of duplicates. Only one quake occurred that USGS has downgraded to 4.5 but Berkeley has it at 5.1.



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
You call this doom?

Personally, I like orbital guns.

Nothing like a meteor to take out some windows.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula
You call this doom?

Personally, I like orbital guns.

Nothing like a meteor to take out some windows.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)


Doom?

Where was that word used in the thread?

Oh wait...


Peace



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I am completely bummed out. My fiance and I were talking about going to the beach nearest to where the earthquake was located today. We decided to be lazy and not go. I am very disappointed that I missed it.

Edit: Darn, yo got me all excited thinking there was abnormal earthquake activity, but it looks like typical activity that usually means it will be awhile before we get anything fun since too much pressure has been released.
edit on 30-3-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I am completely bummed out. My fiance and I were talking about going to the beach nearest to where the earthquake was located today. We decided to be lazy and not go. I am very disappointed that I missed it.

Edit: Darn, yo got me all excited thinking there was abnormal earthquake activity, but it looks like typical activity that usually means it will be awhile before we get anything fun since too much pressure has been released.
edit on 30-3-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)


I told everyone to stay calm dammit!


No, nothing too freaky but something to take note of. I was more interested in the upgrade of the Mag as it's usually the opposite.

Surf's up!


Peace



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Miracula
You call this doom?

Personally, I like orbital guns.

Nothing like a meteor to take out some windows.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)


Doom?

Where was that word used in the thread?

Oh wait...


Peace





posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiteNGale2
Not a swarm
The global incident/earthquake map posts all reports from multiple sources so they end up with lots of duplicates. Only one quake occurred that USGS has downgraded to 4.5 but Berkeley has it at 5.1.


Well the ferdale and the Cobb Ca ones are getting pretty regular.


2.9 15km W of Ferndale, California 2013-03-26 14:37:13 40.577°N 124.442°W 22.2
4.5 160km W of Ferndale, California 2013-03-30 21:43:28 40.453°N 125.233°W 4.8
2.5 25km SSW of Ferndale, California 2013-03-28 12:44:48 40.375°N 124.418°W 16.5
4.3 59km W of Ferndale, California 2013-03-24 17:25:40 40.614°N 124.969°W 14.0


as well as the Shady Cove group and the ones at mammoth lake


2.7 33km E of Shady Cove, Oregon 2013-03-24 19:28:13 42.617°N 122.405°W 9.2
2.6 33km E of Shady Cove, Oregon 2013-03-24 18:46:05 42.618°N 122.401°W 5.8
2.7 33km E of Shady Cove, Oregon 2013-03-25 20:55:29 42.602°N 122.407°W 4.3
2.5 33km E of Shady Cove, Oregon 2013-03-24 12:28:54 42.614°N 122.401°W 9.2
3.1 33km E of Shady Cove, Oregon 2013-03-24 11:39:04 42.612°N 122.410°W 15.7
2.6 33km E of Shady Cove, Oregon 2013-03-24 08:00:11 42.621°N 122.403°W 9.5


earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 30-3-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Relax everyone. In ten days (give or take a few days) there will be one off the coast of Oregon. Probably magnitude 4+. Its regular, been noticing the pattern for quite a while now.



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Ive noticed a few Eq threads lately. I click on them to see what is happening in the San Francisco area. EQ monitoring certainly is a niche hobby, a pet topic unto its own... High maintenance, I mean. Yall hafta be dedicated to pay daily attention to measurements! Some ATSers seem to be experts on seismo-related current events. This is one reason I am a member here & visit often: the interests of others become a sort of well, or repository of knowledge or at least a resource from whom to glean some! Might anyone be able to tell me what Livermore, CA is likely to experience, in versions of the current "slip shift" (?) (dont kno the EQ lingo) or tectonic changes? Whatever has the Earthquake groups riled up... will it possibly affect Livermore, CA? My mom lives there, & other family members, too. I hope you will pardon this not quite on-topic post. Thank you_





new topics

top topics



 
19
<<   2 >>

log in

join