It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Mainland "Similar to Boiled Pumpkin"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

What you and others are not understanding is: the first step in a ground invasion is not establishing a beach head, or anything like that.

The first step is Staging. You have to have staging areas where you are preparing your solders for that invasion. You also set up the staging area close to where you are going to invade.....not half a world away.

Unlike WW2, this would be highly visible from satellite images, and as been stated, not just military satellite images, but public ones would show this quite well.

If their staging area is in NK itself, then they are setting themselves up for disaster. We (anyone for that mater) would see them coming across the Pacific on that long, long track. Or around the other part of the world for a East coast or Gulf coast landing.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Ye know, all this talk of a ground invasion of the US, is twisting the words. I don;t think anyone mentioned a ground invasion. why do that when an ICBM would do the trick. and now I know your going to tell me ooooh they don;t have the capability. How do you know. can you put your hand on your heart and tell me that? problem is you can't. an that is what makes them dangerous, They only show us want they want us to see. They may be backward, but to assume their stupid is well... stupid.

Never underestimate your enemy, train hard fight easy

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I really don't think an invasion, in today's day and age, necessarily means "boots to the ground" in a literal sense. There are hundreds of different ways to attack an enemy now.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
I really don't think an invasion, in today's day and age, necessarily means "boots to the ground" in a literal sense. There are hundreds of different ways to attack an enemy now.

Yup their are and thankfully a full scale invasion of the mainland US is not one of them.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Boiled pumpkin eh? I wonder if that's code for "We're going to attack by Halloween or Thanksgiving if we don't get what we want?" Even though it'd be a suicide mission, they may not care.
edit on 31-3-2013 by Phantasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I'm guessing when I read between the lines that things are somewhat desperate inside North Korea right now..

I think for me it is the seemingly desperate nature of what could be going on inside North Korea (the reported food shortages etc) that bothers me most as I can't help but feel that this concerted effort to direct anger externally at America is designed to cover the internal issues.. if that is true, then that leaves little wiggle room for any kind of negotiation as the North Korean leadership seems potentially caught between the fighting the world or fighting their own people.

Worrisome times if they only have those choices left to them, either way a conflict seems to be coming for the North Korean peoples.
edit on 30/3/13 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

Well if this is true they are in a bad way. They don't have food what could be worse.

North Koreans Selling Human Flesh on Black Market

flatrock.org.nz...

Thanks for that, it paints an even more worrisome image, If they are sinking so low, how long before they feel no other choice but to turn on their own leadership for failing them so appallingly?

It is sad and scary that the reality for those like Kim is that they have a better chance fighting and losing against the world than they have fighting and losing against their own people, and by the I mean the world would take them to task and trial, while the people generally end up brutally taking their own leadership to task with whatever they had to hand behind the chemical sheds.

*sigh* I can not help but feel we are running out of time given that the anger that must exist in the North Korean peoples can only be directed externally for so long before it snaps and looks inwards..

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Anyone remember the run up to the first Gulf War when Iraq was making the same threats? Sounds like they shop at the same house of propagada.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Actually, a part of me wishes that NK would TRY a "boots on the ground" invasion of the USA. Once the survivors start swimming back home, licking their wounds, it will put to rest FOREVER, those clowns trumpeting that malarky about "no one NEEDS to have assault weapons in their home."

I'm sure NK would be all for banning such weapons in the USA.

Heck, the more I think about it, if NK invaded and wanted to take Washington D.C., it just could be that no one would fight them over it.......

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by opethPA

1-3 nukes detonated line of sight above the states would effectively cut communication and power, then it is just a matter of coming over here.

I'm not saying I hope for this to happen, or even that it ever would...I'm just saying to say that it could not, would not happen is as crazy as saying that it will happen tomorrow.

As a matter of fact Military grade electronics are not susceptible to damage from electromagnetic pulse. This is achieved through the use of high voltage diodes that divert any surge current, and neutralize the stray voltage etc... This has been tested and is known to work.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

I'm guessing when I read between the lines that things are somewhat desperate inside North Korea right now..

I think for me it is the seemingly desperate nature of what could be going on inside North Korea (the reported food shortages etc) that bothers me most as I can't help but feel that this concerted effort to direct anger externally at America is designed to cover the internal issues.. if that is true, then that leaves little wiggle room for any kind of negotiation as the North Korean leadership seems potentially caught between the fighting the world or fighting their own people.

Worrisome times if they only have those choices left to them, either way a conflict seems to be coming for the North Korean peoples.
edit on 30/3/13 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

Well if this is true they are in a bad way. They don't have food what could be worse.

North Koreans Selling Human Flesh on Black Market

flatrock.org.nz...

Thanks for that, it paints an even more worrisome image, If they are sinking so low, how long before they feel no other choice but to turn on their own leadership for failing them so appallingly?

It is sad and scary that the reality for those like Kim is that they have a better chance fighting and losing against the world than they have fighting and losing against their own people, and by the I mean the world would take them to task and trial, while the people generally end up brutally taking their own leadership to task with whatever they had to hand behind the chemical sheds.

*sigh* I can not help but feel we are running out of time given that the anger that must exist in the North Korean peoples can only be directed externally for so long before it snaps and looks inwards..

I find that cannibalism story hard to believe - the first section claims to quote a 2003 article but in 2003 only 21% of NK children were moderately or severely underweight (1999 it was 60% !).

The second part is quoted from a 2001 article which talks about a movie that was released in 2000 (and which was probably filmed in 1998 or 1999?).

It is well-known that cannibalism happened during the great 1994-1998 famine but claiming that this state of affairs is representative for NK in 2013 (or even 2003) seems extremely far-fetched to me.

In recent years the focus has mostly been on the 1994-1998 generation growing up (they are smaller and score lower in intelligence tests).

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by renegadeloser

reply to post by opethPA

1-3 nukes detonated line of sight above the states would effectively cut communication and power, then it is just a matter of coming over here.

I'm not saying I hope for this to happen, or even that it ever would...I'm just saying to say that it could not, would not happen is as crazy as saying that it will happen tomorrow.

As a matter of fact Military grade electronics are not susceptible to damage from electromagnetic pulse. This is achieved through the use of high voltage diodes that divert any surge current, and neutralize the stray voltage etc... This has been tested and is known to work.

I agree that they military grade electronics are shielded, but, not even close to all of them. Plus, with the one-two punch that EMP's give (from a nuke) the first punch usually damages the electronics meant to shield the electronics and then the 2nd punch (the easiest to shield against) can ruin the electronics. So they are susceptible, just not all of them are. You would assume that the more important assets would be shielded more. Also, they civilian grid is not shielded at all, that would be gone.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by renegadeloser

reply to post by opethPA

It is possible to damage military equipment with EMPs.

First, anything that uses an antenna is susceptible. The antenna is the one weak spot. Many radar systems (like the AN/SPS-48 that I worked on) do have measures to keep a large amount of electromagnetic energy from being forced down the antenna, but it is possible for them to fail.

Most military equipment is not just protected by surge type circuitry (like many consumer products are), but have shielding in the form of a faraday cage. Access covers to military equipment normally will have both a rubber gasket and a metal mesh screening all around it where it meets the surface of the equipment.

Everyone of my access bay doors on my radar system had these. Munitions such as missiles have these.

The biggest saving factor is not really shielding nor electrical or electronic surge protection. The biggest saving factor is by having things underground.

There is a very good reason why the US military keeps it's ordnance underground (both conventional and nuclear) and that is because of HERO - Hazardous Electromagnetic Radiation to Ordnance.

An EMP can destroy electrical and electronic equipment, yes. But it can also cause munitions to launch or detonate. This can be cause by as something as simple as a Cell Phone or CB radio.

For example: An RGM 84D Harpoon cruise missile can be launched if you can make 28 VDC on a certain contact in it's electrical cable connections to the launcher. If you do, the booster will ignite and the missile will launch and arm it's warhead (and it's going to be a very dangerous thing at that point because it's MGU has not had a plan uploaded to it, so after it's gone into cruise mode, it will turn on it's radar seeker and will lock on to the very first target it sees, even if that's you).
This is one of the reasons why when we were off loading or on loading ordnance of any kind on our ships, we follow HERO with very strict guidlines: NOTHING that can cause a spark of any kind is permitted. Radars and Radio systems are shut down.

edit on 1-4-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

"Motivation is half the battle. If you have the best equipment in the world and no motivation, you will get hammered by a highly motivated soldier armed with a sling shot. ..."

---

KInda beg to differ on that these days...I've got a black box sitting
under my table that's highly efficient at tracking 65,000+ objects at
once PER SECOND!, targeting those objects and then KILLING THEM
with a 6000 Round per Minute Gatling Gun....In fact with a few more
processors, and a few more Gatling Guns, our fuzzy-logic object
recognition system would be pretty damn good at KILLING about
200,000,000 people in less than a few minutes using nothing
more than .50 CAL weapons.

8 million lightly-armed personnel (AK-47 style wepons) against
a 1024 processor fully autonomous, mm wave and optical vision
recognition system attached to fire control hardware would be a TURKEY SHOOT !!!
They're ALL Dead! PERIOD! And I don't have to do a damn thing.

I do this fully autonomous fire control software for a living.
It's HERE HOW! It Works....Machine Wins! Humans ALL DEAD!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

why do that when an ICBM would do the trick. and now I know your going to tell me ooooh they don;t have the capability. How do you know. can you put your hand on your heart and tell me that?

Yes, I can put my hand on my heart and tell you that no, NK does not have the capability to launch ICBMs with sufficient range, warheads, and/or numbers to get a single hit on the US mainland, Hawaii, or Alaska.

Indeed, I'd find it an unbelievable stroke of luck (on their part) to land one in SK or on any US target in the region.

Now, if I were NK, I would fight an unconventional war...a combination of conventional warfare in SK, and terror-style attacks in the US mainland. That is really the only threat posed...but even those, would be suicide for his regime. He's simply amping up the rhetoric because of the additional Raptors being sent to the area.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join