It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Mainland "Similar to Boiled Pumpkin"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by opethPA

1-3 nukes detonated line of sight above the states would effectively cut communication and power, then it is just a matter of coming over here.

I'm not saying I hope for this to happen, or even that it ever would...I'm just saying to say that it could not, would not happen is as crazy as saying that it will happen tomorrow.

Sure it would

But ever heard of NORAD? (North American Aerospace Defense Command) They would detect any missile launch before it even gets near to the coasts. That's enough time to shoot down any missile.

Any invading army would have to fight a guerrilla war against millions of retired veterans, retired swat team members, ex-special ops guys.

Good luck to them though, especially when they go through Texas

I get the patriotism, but, if there was a planned "satellite launch" that was a nuke, how would they stop it from exploding 400 - 500 km over Kansas? Link So you can see, it doesn't have to get near the coast.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

reply to post by opethPA

It surprises me just as much as the people who say it cannot, will not happen.

Ok..please explain to me a logical , tactically sound way that a foreign army could wage conventional warfare on the mainland?

I'm not saying that someone couldn't launch things at us from a far I am strictly talking a conventional invasion of the American mainliand

What if they paid somebody to do it in the US? Like 911? Just a guess though

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
If we get invaded I'm so taping my pot shots and IED action.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

reply to post by opethPA

1-3 nukes detonated line of sight above the states would effectively cut communication and power, then it is just a matter of coming over here.

I'm not saying I hope for this to happen, or even that it ever would...I'm just saying to say that it could not, would not happen is as crazy as saying that it will happen tomorrow.

How is an EM over the mainland going to stop our navy from stopping the invading force that will be 'mercilessly' swimming toward the USA?

-Alien

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

well now that you brought that up koreajoongangdaily.joinsmsn.com... seems there is no news after they went missing now that does not mean they are missing , they could be under a different head line header or update Missing subs found or subs discovered, North Korea sub's located well you get the idea he link

“Eight or nine submarines of the North’s East Sea Fleet are missing from our radar,” the high-ranking South Korean official said on Monday. “We are figuring out whether the submarines are conducting a military drill or an actual mission.

“The missing submarines vary in size, from the 1,000-ton shark-class vessel to a former Soviet Romeo-class one (1,300 ton),” the official added.

Military sources say that North Korea currently owns roughly 70 submarines, including the 1,500-ton Rajin-class vessels or Yugo-class infiltration coastal ships. When North Korean submarines are anchored at base, they can be seen by a satellite.
that is something worth looking in to

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This is what could happen in a hypothetical situation.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
this all borders on the ridiculous..
am i in a Monty Python movie??

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Now how would one make US mainland look as if it was a "boiled pumpkin"? Park one of thees just north of Hawaiian island www.sinodefence.com... from the link

Type 033G (Wuhan-A Class)

In 1976, No.701 Institute (now Wuhan Ship Development and Design Institute) experimentally added the YJ-8 (C-801) anti-ship missile system and its associated Type 358G fire-control radar to the Type 033 submarine. Three missile launcher containers were installed on each side of the sail, with the fire-control radar was located behind the sail. Design of the new submarine designated Type 033G was completed in 1978, and the construction of the first boat (pennant number 351) began in 1980 at Wuchang Shipyard in Wuhan. The submarine was delivered to the PLA navy in October 1983, and was codenamed Wuhan-A class by Western intelligence.

In early 1985, Boat 351 carried out three rounds of live fire test of the YJ-8 missile, with all tests being successful. In late 1980s, the designer studied to reduce the submarine’s underwater noise and the detection range of its sonar. The design of the submarine was finalised in 1986. This variant was known as Wuhan-A class by Western intelligence.

A major weakness with the Type 033G is the fact that the submarine cannot launch its missiles from underwater. To launch its six YJ-8 missiles, the submarine must fully surface, with its speed less than 8 knots. The six missiles can be launched within 6~7 minutes. This seriously limited the submarine’s effectiveness and survivability in real combat. As a result, the submarine served as an experiment, with no subsequent unit built. Boat 351 may have been out of service since the late 1990s. Last update: 14 January 2009
now if I understand North Korea er Un.. DPRK they could have copied or[ bought one from China?] but this does mean it is the same type of sub, just the thought of having a sea launched nuke is enough for the DPRK er Un to get one, or make one.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

No. There is no hypothetical army of millions, waiting to invade the US mainland.

It would take a Stargate to deliver that many troops to our shores undetected. A million soldiers from anywhere would need a staging area, and if they came by sea: 10,000 transport ships, each larger than anything the US currently has. Do you have any idea how long it would take to stage such an invasion? How obvious it would appear to anyone with access to consumer grade satellite images? How difficult it would be for an invading force to maintain the necessary lines of communication and supply?

Red Dawn is entertainment-masturbation. It is no more possible than Iron Man or the Incredible Hulk. There is no such power. There is no such force. Even the US could not possibly field a million soldiers without several months - or even years - of obvious, public build-up and staging.
edit on 31-3-2013 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

Yea we have Un as director Obama as the stage prop China as the choreographer we as US SK as the backdrop, DPRK as the lead, SK as Sec lead, US as guest spot. we should have a thread titled "Un day after, US drops nuke down shorts!" or "Gen Chow sowed Un, that he is best Kimchi china had."

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I like roast pumpkin.

But I enjoy laughing at NK more.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

So you are saying that you do not believe that NK has a force of over a million people, on the grounds that the US could not even do this within years.

Sorry to burst you bubble

Manpower Conscription 17 years of age Available for military service 6,515,279 males, age 17-49 (2010 est.), 6,418,693 females, age 17-49 (2010 est.) Fit for military service 4,836,567 males, age 17-49 (2010 est.), 5,230,137 females, age 17-49 (2010 est.) Reaching military age annually 207,737 males (2010 est.), 204,553 females (2010 est.) Active personnel 1,106,000 (ranked 5th)[2] (2010) Reserve personnel 8,200,000 (2010) (ranked 1st)

Wikipedia

their current ACTIVE personnel stands at 1 million 1 hundred thousand. with 8 million reservists (largest in the world). Added to this a brainwashed regime where they do believe their leader to be god, make this was very dangerous force, even if "poorly equipped". Motivation is half the battle. If you have the best equipment in the world and no motivation, you will get hammered by a highly motivated soldier armed with a sling shot.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Who's going to give them the intelligence and direction to do what they need to do? They will be flying blind. Nothing would stop them but it would be like fighting a tiger that has no senses, dangerous as hell, if they catch you.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Am I really wrong about NK's army?

I clarified my stance in later posts, there are a number of ways this is possible, it just requires an imagination.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

What surprises me is that anyone here is actually crazy enough to think anyone could effectively invade the US mainland.

Why even go into the details you wont believe them but the fact that America has a huge geographic mass surrounded by water on pretty much 3 borders basically eliminates a conventional boots on the ground type invasion.

Please though buy into the fear mongering that NK can do anything to Mainland America short of an internal suicide attack.

WHAT..... ok lets analyze this. America is not surrounded by water. you have an east coast and a west coast, northern border with Canada, southern with Mexico.
Alaska borders Canada and its water bound on 3sides its west coast faces Russia.
Now thats established, in a ground offensive what first has to be established is a beach head or a forward operating point, if say Russia came through alaska would the American government take out Alaskans to save it's ass.
The enemy has to take something to use as leverage, if they took a city on the west coast as a FOP then worked from there, would the Government bomb it anyway knowing the massive amount of civilian casualty's.
this is what you have to accept, one city, half a city, a town, at hostage becomes a siege or point of focus then more landings then more citys. it's SOP.
You only think it cant happen to America because you don't want it to, the Germans thought it impossible too, as did the Trojans and countless other races just as arrogant and as powerful in their respective time period as the Americans are.
Personally I hope it doesn't happen, but having the arrogance to say it cant is tempting the Gods.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01

What surprises me is that anyone here is actually crazy enough to think anyone could effectively invade the US mainland.

Why even go into the details you wont believe them but the fact that America has a huge geographic mass surrounded by water on pretty much 3 borders basically eliminates a conventional boots on the ground type invasion.

Please though buy into the fear mongering that NK can do anything to Mainland America short of an internal suicide attack.

WHAT..... ok lets analyze this. America is not surrounded by water. you have an east coast and a west coast, northern border with Canada, southern with Mexico.
Alaska borders Canada and its water bound on 3sides its west coast faces Russia.
Now thats established, in a ground offensive what first has to be established is a beach head or a forward operating point, if say Russia came through alaska would the American government take out Alaskans to save it's ass.
The enemy has to take something to use as leverage, if they took a city on the west coast as a FOP then worked from there, would the Government bomb it anyway knowing the massive amount of civilian casualty's.
this is what you have to accept, one city, half a city, a town, at hostage becomes a siege or point of focus then more landings then more citys. it's SOP.
You only think it cant happen to America because you don't want it to, the Germans thought it impossible too, as did the Trojans and countless other races just as arrogant and as powerful in their respective time period as the Americans are.
Personally I hope it doesn't happen, but having the arrogance to say it cant is tempting the Gods.

At no point did I say America was surrounded by water.
Mexico covers a portion of the southern border. Please tell the gulf coast they don't have water for a border.

If you want to use Germany as an example that is a poor choice considering the whole country of Germany is slightly smaller than the state of Montana and they are land locked on 3 borders. A better comparison would be the mainland of England which again while substantially smaller then America was never invaded in WW2 or WW1. While the Channel Islands were invaded the mainland was not. Their were various reasons for this but one of them is the fact that they have water on all 4 borders and had a substantial defensive force dug in. In WW2 German forces were too spread out across the various fronts to launch an invasion.

If you really think that someone could invade america with conventional ground troops then no amount of logical tactical talk will change your mind. Keep thinking Red Dawn is possible.
edit on 31-3-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Who cares how many soldiers NK has? They can't deliver them here - to the US mainland.

Russia can't deliver one million soldiers, nor could China. It would take TEN THOUSAND ships, each bigger than anything the US Navy has, or a Stargate. Or a fleet of large UFO's.

But the point is: the build-up required to deliver 1 million soldiers to America would take several months, or even years, and the evidence of such a build up would be available for anyone to see.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Invading the US mainland would be a hellish nightmare for any invading force whether anyone would like to admit that or not. They might have limited success at first, but that would quickly turn into something they never expected. If anyone thought that Afghanistan was a logistical nightmare, any attempt to occupy regions in the US would be that x10 or more. Guerilla warfare would get an entirely new meaning with all the gun owners and back woods rednecks that know just enough to be dangerous with the right mixtures of household chemicals.

If all of us along the coast were well armed it would be over pretty fast I think. The one thing that all of us would fight for is our homes against a foreign invader!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I'm guessing when I read between the lines that things are somewhat desperate inside North Korea right now..

I think for me it is the seemingly desperate nature of what could be going on inside North Korea (the reported food shortages etc) that bothers me most as I can't help but feel that this concerted effort to direct anger externally at America is designed to cover the internal issues.. if that is true, then that leaves little wiggle room for any kind of negotiation as the North Korean leadership seems potentially caught between the fighting the world or fighting their own people.

Worrisome times if they only have those choices left to them, either way a conflict seems to be coming for the North Korean peoples.
edit on 30/3/13 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

Well if this is true they are in a bad way. They don't have food what could be worse.

North Koreans Selling Human Flesh on Black Market

flatrock.org.nz...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Logistically, how would they get to the states?

A ship(s)?

Planes?

Carnival Cruise Lines?

How would they even start since US troops are in South Korea, (and everywhere else) can't really sneak out in the dark. i would bet high drones and satellites watch their every move.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join