It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Mainland "Similar to Boiled Pumpkin"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It's Kim Jong Un's head that is shaped like a boiled pumpkin; he even has a hair cut that looks like a stem.

I wonder if we pop the top off if we will find something tasty inside?

Nah, probably just a slightly smaller pumpkin-head.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
America is going to look like that anyway after it implodes from hyperinflation.

Why doesnt North Korea just sit back and laugh at Merica like the rest of us? Its funny to watch them dance from one problem to the next. They must be getting tired.

The more I think about it the more North Korea seems to be a puppet of America. Controlled opposition. Useful idiots...

To destroy America we just have to sit back and watch. Why is North Korea risking this?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

It would take more than one country...two superpowers that recently had a meeting teaming up and using the expendable million man army out of NK and then coming in and mopping up afterwards. I'm not saying this is going to happen, just that there are alot of possibilities out there, this one is the first one that popped into my head.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of those "missing" NK submarines lately?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
We can knock out NK with our first strike. He has to know this. I imagine that living in NK is probably as close as the world has ever gotten to a real version of "1984", with everyone on edge, looking over their shoulders, and the government manufacturing "facts", "news" and "history" to fit the current pompous ass in the presidential palace. This will be bad for their people, and I hope the drama ends soon.

Am I the only anal person laughing at the phraseology "in a word" , "boiled pumpkin"?
That is two words. He counts like he governs...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinrad
Has anyone heard of those "missing" NK submarines lately?

North Korean Atomic Bomb Subs Cause Global Panic
By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

This one? Sorcha Faal is a well known hoaxer...which is too bad because one time they might actually come across a good news piece.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Perhaps you can explain how you see a first strike knocking out North Korean military ability? Given that I'm wargaming scenarios and collecting data at the moment for something to present to everyone, you may have thought of something no one else in the world has come up with? I've sure seen nothing else yet, short of Megaton class nuclear strike, which would cut off NK's ability to fight outside of pure luck that the several at the top happen to be in one place at one time.

There is a problem tho..and it's a whopper.

I know it's easy to say "They're faking it!" or... "They're being forced!" ..and I've certainly seen the sentiments. The Colbert Report had quite a lot of fun with some of these, in fact. To our thinking, this is almost, if not outright humorous.

The more one reads and learns about North Korea though, the more apparent it becomes ...They aren't faking it in these videos. This is a nation whose last look at *ANYTHING* in the way of the outside world was 1950's vintage. Everything else since .. everything, is what State Media has presented. Nothing else and nothing from the outside unless rumor and story came by way of foreigners. Although foreign visitors have strict 'minders' and are severely limited in travel ..for those who get in at all. Protest isn't even something to consider in a society that literally doesn't know it by experience to even SEE..let alone participate in.

So, when you kill their God....and to them, as they've been taught since grade school, the line of national control *IS* Divine, you'll need to explain to them how that wasn't true. You'll be explaining calculus to someone still working their multiplication tables for the basis they actually have for comparison and comprehension.

It's NOT their fault and I don't slight them for it ....but to suggest they won't fight? Well, look at the Japanese on Okinawa in World War II. Not what people say happened... Spend a bit of time and learn what happened, because we may ..MAY..face the same thing and for the same reasons. A response and defense totally out of time and place ...within a nation which itself, has been HELD out of time and position to the world.

Things to consider, IMO.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

it is a worrying prospect for sure. You're right, the mind set is a whopper. Dispite the million man army whose sole desire is to fight to the death, what happens in the event of a land invasion? do the prols just sit back in their huts, or pick up the nearest AK and start digging tunnels. if they've not already!?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I find this very difficult to take seriously. I want to make compensation jokes about this young man. It is disrespectful to the NK people and I don't feel that way towards them at all. They have my respect and empathy, but it reminds me so much of Khrushchev's shoe pounding at the UN back during the cold war. The USA was frantic with fear that Russia would attack us with nukes any moment. Once it opened up after the wall came down it was like expecting to see Neiman Marcus and instead looking at K mart.

There is a kind of sad innocence in his threats against us. My concern is, and he looks very much like someone else is pulling the strings, a puppet, most likely for the NK military which have to justify all the money being spent on them. If your a career soldier you don't have much job security unless there is a war.

If they attack us, they will regret it for years to come, I am worried for the NK people.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Logistically, how would they get to the states?

A ship(s)?

Planes?

Carnival Cruise Lines?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by opethPA

It would take more than one country...two superpowers that recently had a meeting teaming up and using the expendable million man army out of NK and then coming in and mopping up afterwards. I'm not saying this is going to happen, just that there are alot of possibilities out there, this one is the first one that popped into my head.

Ok so lets say China and NK combine how do they get here? Across the ocean? Through Canada?

Tactically it is nearly impossible for any enemy force to invade, en masse, the American mainland. Too many natural barriers, too much size. The bodies of water on each coast provide a buffer that would give sufficient warning to the massive force required to event attempt such an invasion.

The biggest weakness to the tactically sound location of the American Mainland from a ground invasion is the separation from it's primary allies.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

First strike will not stop them completely unless they surrender which I doubt. But the first strike will be so completely overwhelming it will nock their fighting capabilities down to lets say for arguments sake lets say 20%.

But being that it will be NK that delivers the first blow you better believe that any reachable target will be hit hard enough to cause many casualties and some serious damage.

The main problem that we should worry about is if China feeds and supplies NK. China I'm sure has an interest to keep their buffer between themselves and the allies.

In any case our strategy would be to bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb then send in the Japanese and South Koreans to finish them off. If China commits troops.......scratch that they won't.

Oh and you guys think that the Iraq and Afghanistan wars were expensive? This war will make both of those wars combined look like buying a $300 beater(POS car) compared to buying a $300,000 Bentley.

-Alien

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Logistically, how would they get to the states?

A ship(s)?

Planes?

Carnival Cruise Lines?

They would "mercilessly" Swim!
/lemmings

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

We don't need to worry about China let alone a mainland invasion.

What the problem will be is the constant troops being sent to their deaths over the border by North Korea. And not to mention the missiles being launched indiscriminately at the civilian populous by NK.

They will not abide by the Geneva convention by any means, they will torture, burn and rape. The best thing we could hope for is that China doesn't feed them, then we could starve them into surrendering.

-Alien

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Not sure anyone can guarantee that China won't
get Involved... I mean who says they won't.

No-one knows jack!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

For one the Chinese aren't stupid. And for the Chinese to become directly involved would be beyond stupid as they would be commiting economic suicide.

The Allies would obliterate them (not without a decent fight mind you) and in just a few years China would be decimated.

-Alien

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

1-3 nukes detonated line of sight above the states would effectively cut communication and power, then it is just a matter of coming over here.

I'm not saying I hope for this to happen, or even that it ever would...I'm just saying to say that it could not, would not happen is as crazy as saying that it will happen tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by opethPA

1-3 nukes detonated line of sight above the states would effectively cut communication and power, then it is just a matter of coming over here.

I'm not saying I hope for this to happen, or even that it ever would...I'm just saying to say that it could not, would not happen is as crazy as saying that it will happen tomorrow.

Sure it would

But ever heard of NORAD? (North American Aerospace Defense Command) They would detect any missile launch before it even gets near to the coasts. That's enough time to shoot down any missile.

Any invading army would have to fight a guerrilla war against millions of retired veterans, retired swat team members, ex-special ops guys.

Good luck to them though, especially when they go through Texas

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
What surprises me is that anyone here is actually crazy enough to think anyone could effectively invade the US mainland.

Human emotion is a powerful thing. Logic dictates

The variables are immense in that type of situation, one wrong decision at a critical time and the whole thing shifts in a completely different angle.

Those saying "every American would be in the woods with a gun" don't understand that he could miss the one shot
he needs to. Or that we could have the wrong people in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It seems impossible from where we are but things can happen to change that very quickly.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by opethPA
What surprises me is that anyone here is actually crazy enough to think anyone could effectively invade the US mainland.

Human emotion is a powerful thing. Logic dictates

The variables are immense in that type of situation, one wrong decision at a critical time and the whole thing shifts in a completely different angle.

Those saying "every American would be in the woods with a gun" don't understand that he could miss the one shot
he needs to. Or that we could have the wrong people in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It seems impossible from where we are but things can happen to change that very quickly.

My argument is not about the people that would rebel against an invading force.

My argument is that the geographic characteristics of the mainland US make it basically tactically impossible to launch a conventional ground invasion against it.

You would need to successfully establish beachheads on the east, west and south coasts then move through Canada for a northern line. Each of those fronts would roughly take months of heavy fighting to just establish one. Additionally the spread out nature of the US makes it a long and drawn out conflict over years .
Tactically it is not possible.

Im not saying that a nuke or some other attack could not be used but anyone that is worried about a foreign army invading the mainland with troops like in Red Dawn needs to think a little.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join