It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BC government now dictates your wedding date

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
What happens if two couples live in the same house?

you create a new REALITY SERIES! (hey, they are running out of ideas!)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

And since this thread specifically deals with BC...

Common-law marriages have been recognized in the District of Columbia since 1931.

---

I'm quite sure this thread sets an all time record for the lateness of this BREAKING NEWS.

You did notice that one is BC and the other is the District of Columbia (DC)?

BC = British Columbia. A province of Canada located just above Washington State and bigger than every State of the US other than Alaska.

DC is located between Maryland and Virginia and is .018% of the land area of BC.

So yeah, this is breaking news as it changes some aspects of common-law marriage in BC. Or it was about two weeks ago.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What if I live with a same sex room mate...? And same sex marriage being legal, does that mean I'm married to him/her?!

I've been with my lady 7+ years, no intention of getting married. We went commonlaw when it served us, not when it served the government. We still keep our money seperate, share the bills, shopping etc. Obviously after 7 years we dont fret about making everything precisely equal, but my lady and I have completely different spending habits. I may save my money for 6 months, then drop $2000 on camera equiptment, while she may spend that same money over 6 months on lemonade and pantyhose. So why should papa government have any say in how I choose to synthesize my habits with my significant other?

Stoopid Canada

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLastStand

That can't be legal... Maybe they are talking about commonlaw couples... But that cant be either because I heard that commonlaw got bumped down to 6 months - to a year.. It was at two years just a little while ago.

The government can not make you get married. This Clark administration is bs, remember christy clark lost her original riding in the last election the only reason why she is our premiere is because she had to win a by-election in kelowna. Van city didnt want her.

I hate Christy. I dont use the word "hate" alot but i would much rather have some one else.. Hell i would rather have the drunk aka gordon campbell back.

She says she is all about families but she wont fix bc's crumbling education system.

The only thing she did for families is she made that extra stat "family day". Even then you only benifit from that if you work full time. Parents that have multiple part time jobs get screwed.

This woman is just as pathetic as harper. She could have fought more against the northern gateway pipeline as almost no one in bc wants it. Or she could of at least fought for more money from it... 3-4 billion over 30+ years is a #ing joke. Alberta and the koch bros are going to make trillions on that deal..

Is that fair?

How about fighting to get more help from the government christy!?!?!

Bc is rank 10th out of ten provinces (territories excluded) for the amount of subsidies we get from the government.... That means that Alberta (the richest and only debt free province) gets more money from the canadian government...

She is ruining BC!!!!!!!!!! I say lets change the way we vote. Instead of voting for a party lets vote for our premiere as we dont get to choose our head of government.... The parties do.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

Clark wasn't supposed to win that election. Same with Whyne in Ontario. It boiled down to the devil you know. Everyone knows Christy's winning smile. Do they know this one?

That's not a person I would want to screw with. Well...., nevermind. Different thought.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I dont think you should be able to win a by election if you just lost the main election just weeks before.. Thats unfair elections. If you lose in the election you shouldnt be able to run again just weeks later. Its not as if it was very hard to win kelowna as the okanagan does not like the ndp.. But still it does not seem right to me. She won there because thats where she started her carrer in politics. I dont even remember the by-election being in the news.. I remember her losing being in the news. Lol

I hear you.. The pied pipper was involved.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

Just for fun check out the Bennetts. Bill and Whacky. BC politics. I love it. Lived on VI for 6 years in the 70's.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join