Should Liberals Be Allowed To Emigrate To Conservative States?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

this thread may be the best example on the internet of the dangers of the 2 party system

some posters here would gladly testify against the other party to have them "eliminated"

based on labels

chilling

What’s REALLY “chilling” is that there are still people walking among us who can’t see that liberal policies such as those peddled in GREAT cities like Chicago, LA, Detroit, etc are no different than policies in conservative cities where things are going relatively good right now despite the failed federal policies we’re experiencing.

Do you really think that the false left/right paradigm crap means there is no "conservative" or "liberal"??

That reference is regarding the political system (Dem/Repub) not REAL ideological differences.

edit on 30-3-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Do you really think that the false left/right paradigm crap means there is no "conservative" or "liberal"??

Wonder if they really have ever given thought to the "false left right paradigm" instead of just parroting what someone else said.

Obviously there are clear ideological difference's that hit pretty much everyone in the face, but the reason they "appear" to be the same is because of that GD piece of paper called the US constitution.

A system of checks and balances.
edit on 30-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Of course it doesn't mean there's no Conservative/Liberal... it means neither are being represented.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Wow what a strange thing, no offense but my values while many would
consider them liberal or democratic, or whatever label they want you
to mindlessly follow so that you may dislike me for no reason other than
said label, are actually a mash up, its called being honest, i know its just
such a unique idea right? anywho i am in love with the idea of freedom, the
purest form of morality, freedom for folks to worship whoever they like,
freedom for anyone who wishes to get married, freedom to not have
overlords watching our every move, freedom to pick from more than
two completely worthless candidates, both liberal and conservative,
freedom to not practice any religion and not be punished and oppressed
because i do not, just freedom in general...... but hey you can keep
your conservative values while romping on every ones freedom just
as much as the "liberals" who all apparently want to be ruled because
you say so.

This stuff is such a waste of every ones time, what do the "conservatives"
honestly think they would do any better, we had one running this country
for years and to be brutally honest i really dont see much difference at
all, the conservatives started the war on our freedoms and the liberals
were simply the second wave....... whatever happened to the desire for
freedom and not just a conservative master instead of a liberal one?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Should Liberals Be Allowed To Emigrate To Conservative States?,

They are allowed to.

Unfortunately .. all those tax and spend, entitlement society, liberals who destroyed California are now moving out of that cesspool they created .. and they are taking their destructive ways to Texas. I fear for Texas. It's a good state. It's a solid state. And yet .. those Californians who want all their free stuff and who want to bring their liberal tax and spend ways are going to sink Texas ..

OF COURSE people can live where they want. This is America.

I hope those leaving California learned their lesson about tax and spend sinkholes.
Otherwise .. Texas is going to see some big fiscal troubles in the future.
edit on 3/31/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
You're so deluded. The rich have been robbing from the middle class, as well as being dependent on the existence of a lower class.

The lower income/no income class has been sucking from the middle income class and the upper income class. Income wise - the bottom half pays no taxes and leeches off those who earn a good living.

Wanna tell me again why my tax money should be supporting this kind of irresponsibility?
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

THOSE PEOPLE, through their own actions, are robbing from those who work hard.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
liberal love of big government being just one of them.

You do not even grasp the basic meaning of the term "liberal", do you ?

Try looking it up in a dictionary. After you did, look up the term "fool" as well.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by DarthMuerte

If all you see are the labels "Liberal" and "Conservative" and only judge people by them, then you have a problem.

All sides of the political spectrum have caused the current problems in the US economy.

Polarisation will solve.... nothing.

yes , but in which direction ?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I think you have a severely distorted idea of what America means.
I think America was founded on the principle of personal responsibility. Libs should take responsibility for the messes they make and clean them up. California is just one example.

If you are in favor of personal responsibility, why do you embrace a party that is so heavily in favor of subsidizing corporations? Do you think the bank bailout was anything other than welfare? When we give billions to oil corporations in subsidies, is that an example of corporations exercising personal responsibility? What about when they want to take public land for mining and resource extraction? Corporate America is the biggest bunch of freeloaders on the planet, and yet the conservative GOP largely supports them, which comes in heavily in contrast with the whole "personal responsibility" propaganda.

Now I have a question for you. If red states are so in favor of personal responsibility, shouldn't they stop accepting government funding for welfare, and in fact shouldn't they stop using welfare altogether? I assume you are aware that red states bear the lions share of people on welfare. From an article in Business insider:

"Take a look at the difference between federal spending on any given state and the federal taxes received from that state. We measure the difference as a dollar amount: Federal Spending per Dollar of Federal Taxes. A figure of $1.00 means that particular state received as much as it paid in to the federal government. Anything over a dollar means the state received more than it paid; anything less than $1.00 means the state paid more in taxes than it received in services. The higher the figure, the more a given state is a welfare queen".

Of the twenty worst states, 16 are either Republican dominated or conservative states.

New Mexico: $2.03
Mississippi: $2.02
Alaska: $1.84
Louisiana: $1.78
West Virginia: $1.76
North Dakota: $1.68
Alabama: $1.66
South Dakota: $1.53
Kentucky: $1.51
Virginia: $1.51
Montana: $1.47
Hawaii: $1.44
Maine: $1.41
Arkansas: $1.41
Oklahoma: $1.36
South Carolina: $1.35
Missouri: $1.32
Maryland: $1.30
Tennessee: $1.27
Idaho: $1.21

Source:

articles.businessinsider.com...

edit on 31-3-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
God I hate how self righteous, intolerant liberals come into my state because there are more job opportunities, lower taxes, and more freedoms and then they want to change everything to be more like the failed areas they come from. You know, for our own good. Our poor little redneck minds just aren't capable of understanding their sheeplike hivemind intelligence. Or from another perspective....we know they are condescending buffoons who like to hear themselves talk about how superior their incredibly irrational and destructive policy ideas are.

Stay in the Northeast and the West Coast. And if you do come here, you are in our world. Even if your small, judgemental mind actually believes you are superior, keep it to yourself.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
God I hate how self righteous, intolerant liberals come into my state because there are more job opportunities, lower taxes, and more freedoms and then they want to change everything to be more like the failed areas they come from. You know, for our own good. Our poor little redneck minds just aren't capable of understanding their sheeplike hivemind intelligence. Or from another perspective....we know they are condescending buffoons who like to hear themselves talk about how superior their incredibly irrational and destructive policy ideas are.

Stay in the Northeast and the West Coast. And if you do come here, you are in our world. Even if your small, judgemental mind actually believes you are superior, keep it to yourself.

So Conservatives aren't judgmental? This post seems to indicate they are! As does the whole thread!

edit on 31-3-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Liberals and Conservatives have many different values, liberal love of big government being just one of them. Thus my question. Let's take California as just one example. California is broke. Businesses are fleeing the state in droves. This leaves fewer jobs in California inducing some liberals to move to conservative states since that is where the jobs are. However, when the libs get to the conservative states they want to start changing the laws to match the liberal hell hole they just left. IMO, liberals should be forced to live with the consequences of their actions and stay in the liberal states. What does everybody else think?
edit on 30-3-2013 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

No, liberals should be made to stay in liberal areas due to the simple fact they're leaving there place of residence, like say California, because it's getting dangerous from criminals and politicians both, and it's their criminals and their politicians that they're running from. So no, sit and fix the issue instead of coming to a red state where there is some form of economic understanding and love for freedom.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I love how quickly these threads degenerate into idiocy. You have liberals saying they don't think they are better than everyone because they are too good for that. Makes a lot of sense, right? Liberals are the most arrogant individuals in our society.

I agree with the OP. They made their bed, let them lie in it.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant

A few things taken from this post:
hate, sheeplike, condescending, 'stay where you came from', buffoons, 'you are in our world', 'small, judgmental minds'

How can you sit here with such hypocrisy as to take half of this country, lump them in as one group, go on a hate-filled diatribe about them, and then claim they are the ones who are judgmental and small minded?

Sometimes I truly hope that some of the partisan goose-steppers actually are paid shills on this site. At least then I would take some comfort in knowing that there werent so many people that actually fall for this stuff.

Unfortunately, I think we arent that lucky...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Not sure if you ever took a look, but those "liberal hell holes" are, for the most part, the providers who keep the poor conservative states afloat, without which, red-staters, with the highest percentage of welfare/food stamp usage, would largely starve to death. The states may be broke, but it is often partially due to the tax burden of supporting red states.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Someone want to tell me again how "red states are financially worse off than blue"?

The 2012 election results by county funny from that map thought we would have had a different result since there is more red than blue on there.

www-personal.umich.edu...

Since no one wanted to define "red state" and " Blue State".

Red states and blue states refer to those states of the United States whose residents predominantly vote for the Republican Party (red) or Democratic Party (blue) presidential candidates.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 31-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Notice to all liberals. Please consider migrating to benighted places (like wherever darthmuerte is from) in order to hopefully upgrade the general intelligence of the populace there and to spread the word that, yep, all you good ol' boys really are descended from monkeys.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Not sure if you ever took a look, but those "liberal hell holes" are, for the most part, the providers who keep the poor conservative states afloat, without which, red-staters, with the highest percentage of welfare/food stamp usage, would largely starve to death. The states may be broke, but it is often partially due to the tax burden of supporting red states.
Why not do us a favor and cut the funds? I would like to see the details and source of those stats? How much is defense spending? How much of that money is going to democrat controlled counties and larger cities? I think that there is more to this then meets the eye, and call upon you to provide some real facts to back up those numbers.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Here is something you wont hear on Fox News.
edit on 31-3-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The privileges and immunities clause of the constitution guarantees freedom of movement between the states. Legally restricting the movement or migration of citizens to specific states, to say nothing of the invasion of privacy that forcing citizens to identify their political ideology before moving to a state would represent, would be blatantly unconstitutional in my opinion.

Peace.
edit on 3/31/2013 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join