Should Liberals Be Allowed To Emigrate To Conservative States?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thov420

Giving one group of people greater rights than another is favoritism and wrong.

Happens every day in this country covering a variety of topics it would be nice to have some consistency.

You can abort that child, but you can't own that gun.
edit on 30-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I totally agree, some form of consistency would be great. Star for that.

I think everybody should be able to live where they want, buy what they want, consume what they want, etc without the government putting their dirty noses into everything and everybody's personal choice.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The OP has some serious misdirected anger. He's not really mad at liberals, he's mad at science. Science failed him in not breaking the rules of physics in order that he might be able to time travel and find himself ideologically at home in Mussolini's Italy or Hitlers's Germany maybe even Stalin's Russia.

On a serious note, it's sad to see that this is what ATS has become; a liberal, progressive and left bash fest. Leave all facts at the door boys and girls as long your bashing them, you're alright with us.

OP do you honestly think that elected Republicans act in ways to shrink the government vs elected Democrats? If that's the case, why are so many Red States financially worse off than Blue States? Why are there less jobs? Why are there more people on welfare, disability and food stamps? Why are there less businesses? Why are property values lower?

I challenge you OP, to actually do some research to back up your claims. Compare the laws of Blue States vs Red States, compare the economies... put me in my place, if you can.

On a personal note, I'm really sad to see some otherwise pretty intelligent people reduced to slamming people of different ideologies, whole, entire groups of fellow Americans just labeled destructive and evil because they think differently than themselves.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

OP do you honestly think that elected Republicans act in ways to shrink the government vs elected Democrats?

Yeah well we do know that Democrats have not shrunk government, but who cares right?

If that's the case, why are so many Red States financially worse off than Blue States?

Probably because of their Democratic majority state congress's

Why are there less jobs?

Like California where there is more people on welfare than other states entire populations?

Why are there more people on welfare, disability and food stamps?

Great question considering after 70s years of Democrats "helping" them out there are more people than ever on them.

Why are there less businesses?

Because of regulation Democrats so love, and taxes, that rank the highest in the world.

Why are property values lower?

Because the more money they make the more expensive their homes are, but when a person is living on section 8 housing how much are they paying in property taxes?

I challenge you OP, to actually do some research to back up your claims.

Why? Nothing he says is going to matter after the above.

Compare the laws of Blue States vs Red States, compare the economies... put me in my place, if you can.

Ok

www.realclearpolitics.com...
www.theblaze.com...

On a personal note, I'm really sad to see some otherwise pretty intelligent people reduced to slamming people of different ideologies, whole, entire groups of fellow Americans just labeled destructive and evil because they think differently than themselves.

And what about that post that did nothing to slam the op's ideology?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah well we do know that Democrats have not shrunk government, but who cares right?

What about my post said that Democrats were better? My point very, very clearly was that neither party was interested in small government.

Probably because of their Democratic majority state congress's

Wouldn't that make them a Blue State then?

Because of regulation Democrats so love, and taxes, that rank the highest in the world.

But wouldn't that NOT be the case in Red States?

Because the more money they make the more expensive their homes are, but when a person is living on section 8 housing how much are they paying in property taxes?

So you're saying there's more people on Section 8 in Red States?

Why? Nothing he says is going to matter after the above.

Why wouldn't it matter?

And what about that post that did nothing to slam the op's ideology?

What about it did slam the OP's ideology? Nothing. I said absolutely nothing bad about Conservatism, or Right Wing Libertarianism or whatever his ideology is. I think you're projecting your victim complex again.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

What about my post said that Democrats were better? My point very, very clearly was that neither party was interested in small government.

Here:

why are so many Red States financially worse off than Blue States?

Which isn't true considering New York and California

Wouldn't that make them a Blue State then?

Depends on how one is Classifying "red state" and "blue state", does a Republican governor make a red state?

Does a Republican congress and a Democrat congress make it a red state?

But wouldn't that NOT be the case in Red States?

Yes Republican regulate everything.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Liberals and Conservatives have many different values, liberal love of big government being just one of them. Thus my question. Let's take California as just one example. California is broke. Businesses are fleeing the state in droves. This leaves fewer jobs in California inducing some liberals to move to conservative states since that is where the jobs are. However, when the libs get to the conservative states they want to start changing the laws to match the liberal hell hole they just left. IMO, liberals should be forced to live with the consequences of their actions and stay in the liberal states. What does everybody else think?

Well, I live in a conservative state and we’ve been inundated with liberals from CA and NY over the past few years. What you described is REAL and it is a concern. The answer for most is YES, we should allow them because it’s America and many are fleeing from what we all know exists in liberal epicenters (high unemployment, high crime, high taxes, poor living conditions, low morale, etc). The problem, as you described, is that many come here and try to spew their toxic social venom and pollute our clean environment.

I’M TORN….

Its all well and good while I’m taking their money and profiting from the growing Texas economy but I know you’re absolutely correct when you suggest they will muck it up here just like they did where they came from.

Good observation! S&F!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

So how does pink get counted as red?

Curious???

And

8 Years of Bush 5 trillion - Republican
4 Years of Obama 6 trillion- Democrat

Back to what was already asked how does one define red or blue states?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Every state has seen a rise in welfare recipients because the liberals have systematically destroyed the economy!

Anyone with a brain knows that the highest crime, unemployment, food stamp usage, etc always results from bad liberal economic policy. Every state has been dragged down!! That is why the OP is asking if conservative states should allow these blood sucking leaches to enter.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Wonder why that is being made an issue isn't that why the left fights for welfare so everyone gets it not just Democrats?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wonder why that is being made an issue isn't that why the left fights for welfare so everyone gets it not just Democrats?

It’s ridiculous!!!!!

They fight for it, advocate for it, make policy that makes it more accessible, then they blame it on conservatives!!!!

Flipping idiots! And they think WE ARE STUPID?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So the Great Depression was the result of liberal policies? Enlighten me on that, I'd love to learn!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by neo96

Every state has seen a rise in welfare recipients because the liberals have systematically destroyed the economy!

Anyone with a brain knows that the highest crime, unemployment, food stamp usage, etc always results from bad liberal economic policy. Every state has been dragged down!! That is why the OP is asking if conservative states should allow these blood sucking leaches to enter.

States that lean Conservative, are more inclined to enact laws that thwart Big Government. I live in a State that is considered "Liberal". We have a Conservative Governor though. I think MANY States that are going through difficult times, as all States are, might be leaning more to a Conservative edge. People just need to change who is in control of their State. "We the People" are to blame. Its that simple.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Sure it was the liberals.

It was our elected officials both Democrat and Republican that let the wars happen, it was both that let the phenomenon 'too big to fail/too big to jail'. Both that let the economy tank.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by seabag

So the Great Depression was the result of liberal policies? Enlighten me on that, I'd love to learn!

They were bailed out Yes?

They should have been left to fail out of those ashes rebirth.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

too big to fail/too big to jail'

Sums up social engineering/Democratic policies to the letter

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

So the current prolonged economic depression is a result of conservative policy?? Enlighten me on that, I’d love to learn.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

That's easy. Google "Reaganomics", "Trickle down economics", or "Supply side economics" and then look around at what deregulation has wrought. A small fraction of 1% becoming obscenely wealthy while the rest of us work like slaves for crumbs from the table.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
DOUBLE

POST.....
edit on 30-3-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join