Should Liberals Be Allowed To Emigrate To Conservative States?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I think the biggest problem with liberals is that they just don't respect the ideas and feelings of others. It can't just be their way here or there...it must be their way everywhere and every way.
Funny, I used to consider you one of the Intelligent Posters on ATS.
If you cant identify how wrong the Statement of yours I quoted is, my assumption is correct.

You see us Horrible Liberals believe that choice should be left up to Individual people.

Abortion... between a woman and her God

Gays.. between themselves and their partners.

Ya, Us Liberals are just Horrible.
Unless you want a soda, or a gun, or to be allowed to worship in peace, or to be allowed to dissent against the spread of immorality, or to be allowed to use your land as you see fit, or to choose to keep your money instead of surrendering it to support those who will not work. Individual choice is only supported when you "choose" to do what liberals want.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

"because if the cons" get their way serfs, and kingdom etc" altho anyone paying attention to the current state of the union is whole lot of lords and ladies in Washington while the serfs get left blowing in the wind.
My friend, I can respect your Loyalty to your Party. Maybe its Loyalty to a Fault.
If you ever feel like having a Real Conversation,stating real facts, In would enjoy that.
If you could ever concede that that current Economic Conditions are due to a Global Meltdown in 08, and not the Direct result of Either Party directly, that would be a good Basis to start.
Somehow, I feel your next response will be more just more Hyperbole.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by neo96

People who celebrate Christmas are forbidden from crossing state lines or from visiting certain states???

You're leaving me confused Neo.

So in America crosses taken down,Nativety scene are seen as "offensive" people can't fly flags, bad guns, kids can't say easter, but can go to the White House and have an Easter egg hunt there are lots of examples of people "being forbidfen":

Sorry for the confusion Christians are not forbidden from crossing state lines, but there is a long list of infringements happen on a daily basis for a multitude of people in this country.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

My friend, I can respect your Loyalty to your Party.

My first loyalty is to myself, second is country, political party doesn't enter in to it.

As to the rest of that crap?

Most Righties wil lfreely admit they have issues, but why is it that hardly anyone on the left will admit their place in the grand scheme of things.

Want a real conversation?

Begin with the left is not a pure as the undriven snow as they would have people think them to be.
edit on 30-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Funny... if you take "Christian" out of the mix and substitute another word, like "gay" or "Muslim" I honestly feel that you'd suddenly have a reversal of opinion and state that it is perfectly fine to force those people to inhibit their public displays and keep their personal preferences inside of their own homes and out of public sight.

I could be wrong. If not you, certainly then many "conservatives" would fall into that trap.

I am a liberal and I personally don't care if every religion on the planet gets a section of the space at City hall where they can freely display their religious holiday effects. I am not offended by the beliefs of others in that regard. I only take offence when MY beliefs are threatened by others.

Then again I am one of the rare people who will just change a channel when they don't like a TV show - rather than writing a letter to the Network demanding that the show be cancelled because it offends me. So maybe I am in the minority that way - as it seems most people seek to destroy what they don't like or understand.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Should Liberals Be Allowed To Emigrate To Conservative States?,

Should Liberals be forced to move if they happen to be living in a Conservative State. I say yes and forced into camps where they can be reeducated until their thinking is straightened out to conform with Gods Principals set forth by the GOP.

edit on 30-3-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Want a real conversation?

Begin with the left is not a pure as the undriven snow as they would have people think them to be.
OK,I will.
The Left is not as "pure as the Driven snow", you are correct in that statement.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Funny... if you take "Christian" out of the mix and substitute another word, like "gay" or "Muslim" I honestly feel that you'd suddenly have a reversal of opinion a

That does work both ways, gun owners,rich folks,.banks,corporations,lobbyists etc.

I could be wrong. If not you, certainly then many "conservatives" would fall into that trap.

Know whole lot of liberals who would fall in to that "trap".

as it seems most people seek to destroy what they don't like or understand.

Yes they do.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I know your title question must have been largely rhetorical because there's no way you could ask that seriously...but of course they should be allowed to move into a State that is considered conservative.

You are free to leave because they do however.

If others feel the same as you do, we may be onto a new phenomenon similar to the one that began during the beginnings of the desegregated neighborhoods in the 60's and 70's.

"Right-Flight".

Eventually we'll all just be running in circles to avoid each other.
Good luck with that.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I didn't take the time to read your post. I don't want to know of your argument, I just want to throw my point out there and hope you understand.

We live in America where we choose where we live. Nobody should have control over another persons choice.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is a foolish, gullible question to ask.

I am truly shocked, amazed, and disheartened by the amount of people who STILL don't get it. Who STILL think there is a difference between parties. Who STILL do not understand that partisan politics are among the worst things happening to this country.

This type of thinking is stupid, and dangerous.

Divide and conquer working to a "T"

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Nobody should have control over another persons choice.

So then let's get rid of government who does nothing but take a persons choice away.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gizawski

We live in America where we choose where we live. Nobody should have control over another persons choice.
Tell that to the liberals/statists. They love to control you.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
That's funny i thought people "chose" where to live based off the paychecks.

So really who does get to choose where they live?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Nobody should have control over another persons choice.

So then let's get rid of government who does nothing but take a persons choice away.

It's hard to take you seriously when you use such hyperbole and absolute black and white thinking.

The US government provides much that the country wants and needs. Such as the FAA! Do you want planes flying with out any control? Federal Highway and rail system, Clean water and milk standards, Medical over-site and licensing. Some control needs to be exercised.

I don't agree with much of government control however. The war on drugs has been lost...for example.
edit on 30-3-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

It's hard to take you seriously when you use such hyperbole and absolute black and white thinking.

So the goverment doesn't pick and choose what rights we get?

The US government provides much that the country wants and needs.

Thats funny too because all I see is government give "wants" to those who cry the loudest, and will give them voters, and job security.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by Gizawski

Tell that to the liberals/statists. They love to control you.

Now I don't want to single you out because I don't know you but many would agree that "conservatives" in general want to outlaw gay marriage and abortions, and yet that is just another personal choice they want control over. Would you agree that neither is perfect and both just want more control?

As to the original topic, no Americans should not be restricted in where they want to live no matter their political leanings, religious affiliation, or any other reason. The very idea of restricting a people's freedoms is un-American.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Abortion?

Does that Fetus have a choice?

Nope.

Actually someone else is telling that fetus where they can live.
edit on 30-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I think the biggest problem with liberals is that they just don't respect the ideas and feelings of others. It can't just be their way here or there...it must be their way everywhere and every way.
Funny, I used to consider you one of the Intelligent Posters on ATS.
If you cant identify how wrong the Statement of yours I quoted is, my assumption is correct.

You see us Horrible Liberals believe that choice should be left up to Individual people.

Abortion... between a woman and her God

Gays.. between themselves and their partners.

Ya, Us Liberals are just Horrible.

W O W......

You actually can't recognize sarcasm? You owe me an apology if you read that back as it was written. The fact you *DO* know me as well as you do around here for my posting and consistent approach to topics should have made that so clearly sarcasm that it wasn't even a thought to take it otherwise.

....and people tell me I'm too intense with no sense of humor or ability to take things lightly. I think you upstaged me.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You're right, but restricting the mother's (and by extension the father's) rights for the fetus' rights isn't exactly the correct way to do things either. Giving one group of people greater rights than another is favoritism and wrong. An old saying I'm sure most teenagers have heard that I think has some relevance is "I brought you into this world and I can take you out." Parents have the right to raise their child as they see fit and if for whatever reason they aren't ready to become parents I don't think their right to choose should be taken away from them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join