Should Liberals Be Allowed To Emigrate To Conservative States?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Liberals and Conservatives have many different values, liberal love of big government being just one of them. Thus my question. Let's take California as just one example. California is broke. Businesses are fleeing the state in droves. This leaves fewer jobs in California inducing some liberals to move to conservative states since that is where the jobs are. However, when the libs get to the conservative states they want to start changing the laws to match the liberal hell hole they just left. IMO, liberals should be forced to live with the consequences of their actions and stay in the liberal states. What does everybody else think?
edit on 30-3-2013 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

+45 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I think you have a severely distorted idea of what America means.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I think you have a severely distorted idea of what America means.
I think America was founded on the principle of personal responsibility. Libs should take responsibility for the messes they make and clean them up. California is just one example.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This earth was created by the creator. For all living creatures. . Who movement upon this land shall not be restricted by any man made invisable line or opinion . Would you tell the creator the land you walk on that he is not welcomed if he has liberal views? Indeed the creator law is above all... savvy
edit on 30-3-2013 by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think the biggest problem with liberals is that they just don't respect the ideas and feelings of others. It can't just be their way here or there...it must be their way everywhere and every way.

You know the biggest problem though?

Liberals think and say precisely the same of Conservatives.... So if liberal travel can be restricted, that will be returned with interest on conservatives being restricted later..which will in turn bring hate and discontent with vows of 'we'll see about that!' and.. Well... I think I just described the progression of the last decade and a half, haven't I?

Maybe not so much on that restriction idea afterall... lol

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

What a weird question?

I don't "subscribe" to Draconian Laws, or proposals that hinder ANYONE who is a citizen of the United States, freedom to live where they want.

Its UN-American to even ask the question.

Sorry.

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

If all you see are the labels "Liberal" and "Conservative" and only judge people by them, then you have a problem.

All sides of the political spectrum have caused the current problems in the US economy.

Polarisation will solve.... nothing.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Businesses don't seem to be going anywhere.

in a typical year, just 25,000 jobs move out of California, and 16,000 jobs move in, out of an economy of 18 million jobs. In contrast, hundreds of thousands of people move in and out of California each year. Who are they, and why do they move?.............In 2011, 562,000 people left California, and 468,000 came, according to the Census’s American Community Survey. That means 120 people moved out of California for every 100 people who moved in.

Who are these people leaving California? Millionaires?

From 2005 to 2011, California lost 158 people with household incomes under $20,000 for every 100 who arrived, and 165 for every 100 people with household incomes between $20,000 and $40,000. In contrast, just slightly more people with household incomes in the $100,000-$200,000 range left than came to California (103 out per 100 in), and California actually gained a hair more people in the $200,000+ range than it lost (99 out per 100 in). The rich aren’t leaving California, but the poor and the middle class are.

So the Poor and Middle Classes are leaving California. Why?

Will more Californians leave as the economy recovers? Probably, yes. The most important factor slowing the out-migration of Californians in 2008 to 2011 was that home prices fell more in California than in the U.S. overall, making California more affordable relative to the rest of the country than during the housing bubble. However, the housing recovery is now lifting home prices in California. According to the Trulia Price Monitor, which tracks asking home prices adjusted for the mix of listed homes, California home prices were up 10.4% year-over-year in January 2013, led by San Jose, Oakland, Riverside-San Bernardino, and Sacramento, well ahead of the national price increase of 5.9%. That means that the gap in home prices between California and the rest of the U.S. is widening once again.

Jobs Aren't Leaving California For Texas, But People Are

Damn those Liberals and their penchant for higher house prices not pushing out Business.

edit on 30-3-2013 by BritofTexas because: Link

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The way that 49% of America thinks about the other 49% of America has made it quite clear.

Perhaps it is time for a red state/ blue state parting of the ways politically.

Blue state people just think the red states are for flying over anyway. They neither like nor respect the people in the red states. They want to change the values of red state people to what they think is the "right" way.

Red state people just think blue states are a bunch of nannies. They neither like nor respect the people in blue states. They want to change the values of blue state people to what they think is the "right" way.

President Obama openly encourages this division of ideology and seems to be on a path that may eventually necessitate this because both sides will be so deeply entrenched and distrustful of the other.

This is not an anti american sentiment, it is what has become a reality. With both political parties encouraging the division through name calling, slander, and absurd legislation. If red/blue can't even come up with a budget in over 4 years how the he- - can the country survive the egging on that is an entrenched behavior on both sides.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

What a weird question?

I don't "subscribe" to Draconian Laws, or proposals that hinder ANYONE who is a citizen of the United States, freedom to live where they want.

Its UN-American to even ask the question.

First, it is never Un-American to question anything. Many of our current problems stem directly from not questioning what our "leaders" are doing and why.

Second, the "draconian laws" are the problem. Liberalism/Progressivism is like a cancer spreading and killing this nation. Let's look at some examples:
You can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally
You have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion
You have to show identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book, but not to vote on who runs the government
You can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not a 24-ounce soda because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat
An 80-year-old woman can be stripped searched by the TSA but a woman in a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched
You can't get more draconian, more intrusive. All of the above examples stem directly from liberalism and political correctness another idea directly spawned by liberalism.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Sometimes, a person of one political persuation can change their minds when they move. This happened to me when I moved from California to Texas 11 years ago. Oh, they teased me out here and called me a "left coast side transplant", but as I spent time with the people out here, I could see their side of things so much clearer, and began to change my views on many things.

Gun control is a prime example. When I left California, having had somebody close to me who was shot to death, I really disliked guns. I didn't see why people needed high power anything. After being in Texas for a while, I began to see that guns are useful indeed, and in fact necessary when you live out in the country. I actually feel safer out here knowing that these country folk are all armed. They're good people who take gun ownership seriously and are very responsible with their weapons.

I also understood why larger vehicles were smarter in certain situations, why boots, jeans and hats aren't just a statement, but keeps one's extremities from things like sunburn, stickers and snakes, and why metal roofs keep your insurance down.

Sometimes, one needs to get out of their comfort zones and live among those who think differently. Besides, this is still America (last time I checked) and we need to find our common ground again, and stop concentrating on our differences.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

First, it is never Un-American to question anything. Many of our current problems stem directly from not questioning what our "leaders" are doing and why.

Its UN-American to dictate where people can live, based on one mans idea or definition of "Liberal" or "Conservative".

Its actually preposterous.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
didn't realize conservatives were into a fascist police state

interesting

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

If all you see are the labels "Liberal" and "Conservative" and only judge people by them, then you have a problem.

All sides of the political spectrum have caused the current problems in the US economy.

Polarisation will solve.... nothing.
Actually I see "statists" and "libertarians", but "liberal" and "conservative" are the terms most seem to "understand".
We are already polarized. Everybody got mad at Romney and his 47% comment, but he was just telling the truth.(don't think I am a Romney fan; he is a huge statist imo). The 47% on the dole would never vote for anyone that would try to separate them from the public trough. IMO, the "best" thing that can happen is to go ahead and split the country in two. Let the statists have their big cities since that is where the vast majority of them live, and the freedom loving remainder of us get the rest.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I appreciate your sentiment. But to do so, would make conservatives no better than the progressives.

Freedom comes with risk. A constant risk in that, to truly enjoy freedom means that we might lose it. You can't force freedom onto people.

You can't force freedom on a society.

It can only be offered.

We might lose our freedoms one day to the overwhelming progressive mindset.

But real freedom means the risk of losing it.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
are conservatives allowed to live in states that were effected by the deregulation of the derivatives industry ?

I say throw 'em out !!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think anyone who even uses the term liberals or concervatives should be tossed out of the country because they almost never have any idea what they are talking.

link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I could be wrong, but I think you are the exception that proves the rule. Just look at what Californians have done to Colorado for example.

+2 more 
link   

Second, the "draconian laws" are the problem. Liberalism/Progressivism is like a cancer spreading and killing this nation. Let's look at some examples:
You can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally

Wrong. People are arrested and deported every single day.

You have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion.

Which reflects the law of the land as upheld by the SCOTUS and voters. America is a Democratic Republic - perhaps you might be more comfortable in a Theocracy. I hear there are no abortions in Saudi Arabia.

You have to show identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book, but not to vote on who runs the government

Depends upon the state. But I am confused... wanting voter ID laws is moving towards fascism I thought. Are you arguing for voter ID laws or against needing a license to drink?

You can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not a 24-ounce soda because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat

I am sitting here drinking a 32 ounce soda right now???

An 80-year-old woman can be stripped searched by the TSA but a woman in a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched

Misrepresentation of facts. A suspected person will be subject to full search regardless of what she is wearing or where she is from.

Again... I'm confused are you saying that you think neither party should be subject to the TSA? Or do you just want tyrannical searches for all?

You can't get more draconian, more intrusive. All of the above examples stem directly from liberalism and political correctness another idea directly spawned by liberalism.

Draconian? Like restricting a group of Americans from travelling freely based upon their political beliefs? Do you see the irony in this statement?

link   
I say we set up a committee where people will testify against each other to determine just who deserves what label !!!

bring your torches !!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join