It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What if the North Koreans decide it is time for less talk and time for action? What if they hack into the United States' communications and radars? What if after the United States is blind and unable to communicate, the North Korean send there 1.2 million strong army to the United States mainland?
What type of scenario would play out then? The civilians of the United States of America are in no way prepared for an attack of this magnitude. Even if the North Koreans failed in a takeover of the mainland think of the hole that would be left open for another country to strike, the demoralization that would be in this country in the aftermath, even during an incursion. Many believe a scenario like this would be impossible, why? If the U.S. cannot see or communicate, how are they to be stopped?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sublik

Didn't they do movie like this recently?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
that is alot of what if's, all are just stupid

Why post this? you been playing a little too much homefront?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This scenario is about as likely as my King Shepherds growing opposable thumbs overnight an enabling them to carry out their plans and deciding that the steaks marinading in the fridge for dinner tomorrow night are theirs for the taking. And plotting a little pay back for the house training incidents a few years ago.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If it did play out like that it still takes around 2-3 weeks to cross the pacific by ship and this would be the only plausible way to move over 1 million troops to hit the us mainland so even if they could blind us the mainland is in no danger of a full on ground invasion in any time short of 2-3 weeks which by then we would have repaired the damage and sank every North Korean ship in the pacific.

Only way nk could reach the us mainland is with submarines shadowing cargo ships then striking when within distance and that is an unlikely scenario but still one of the most plausible.... Other than long range Chinese or Russian rockets given to NK in some back room deal which is also a plausible idea

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

the North Korean send there 1.2 million strong army to the United States mainland? What type of scenario would play out then?

Dude.. North Korea doesnt even come close to having a Navy or the logistics capable of transporting enough soldiers to take over a single city in the US much less, the entire US.
China doesnt either
edit on 30-3-2013 by TriForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The biggest problem with that scenario is supply lines. You can't move one million men without some sort of supply line support. There would be one million goldfish in a barrel ripe for the picking. Plus, the greatest thing about the U.S. armed forces is it is design to engage large military groups. If this scenario ever happened, our grass would grow high with the enemies blood. No, a missle attack on mainland US is more likely, as once a missile reaches orbit anyplace on earth can be hit. An invasion from NK to SK would be much more feasible.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Siberbat because: typo

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Could they not get help from another country? Just because it is thought to be impossible doesn't make it so, our borders are so porous, who is to say they don't have help, the government would not tell us that. This is only a what if that I am merely curious about, movies and games are one thing, but if it actually happened, how would America handle a situation like this? With the uproar over the gun laws and the talk of civil uprising and the economy collapsing, would all of these factors not play in the possibility of the North Koreans being able to pull something like this off? Especially, with help of one or two other countries?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sublik

you still going on about this? You really need to get a grip

link   
It doesn't even have to be a full scale invasion, a small group of special forces taking over an American city would have quite an effect on the whole U.S. population. As for supply lines, there are plenty of supplies here.

link   
reply to post by sublik

You do realize that America is populated by a bunch of insane people, dosed up on Prozac, and cradling their gun collections next to them like newborn babies - all while chanting "molon labe - from my cold dead hands" right???

Let me rephrase this thought... Hey NoKo - invade us. We won't even try to stop you. Our gun supply is apparently off kilter and we really need all of those SK's and the ammo your soldiers might bring with them.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by felixjames20

I am just curious. I am not well informed in North Korea's capabilities, besides they could "possibly" hit the mainland with a missile. These are just questions that have been going through my mind and where better to ask.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

You do realize that America is populated by a bunch of insane people, dosed up on Prozac, and cradling their gun collections next to them like newborn babies - all while chanting "molon labe - from my cold dead hands" right???

Damn Heff !

If I could, I would give ya a million stars for this!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yes, I understand this, but talk is one thing and action is another.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sublik
reply to post by felixjames20

I am just curious. I am not well informed in North Korea's capabilities, besides they could "possibly" hit the mainland with a missile. These are just questions that have been going through my mind and where better to ask.

Well why dont you google NK and find out what type of capabilities they have, might answer you questions

But there is no chance of NK invading the US with or without help, well not any time soon. NK are just full of sh*t, they aint going do anything

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Trying to brute force the star button atop Heff's post doesn't work either. I tried.

I applaud the thought, but without nuc/chem/bio/cyberwarfare, Fortress America will remain. Right up until the point our government drives us off of a cliff, unfortunately. Our downfall will come from within.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sublik
It doesn't even have to be a full scale invasion, a small group of special forces taking over an American city would have quite an effect on the whole U.S. population. As for supply lines, there are plenty of supplies here.

Now you just described another movie "White House Down."

First was "Red Dawn." If you can now fit some Korean invasion scenario using Total Recall...

But the hack thing could work. Knock out comm and power followed by high atmosphere nuke explosions. Having small groups of commandos hit pipelines, and setting stuff ablaze. Couple that with bio attacks (air and water) should keep the west coast in chaos.

[Edit]: attack should be done during rush hour. The emp should turn most major roadways into parking lots. Would hinder any type of defense.
edit on 31-3-2013 by ChuckNasty because: edit as above

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sublik

It's a lot of what ifs...let's break them down.

What if the North Koreans decide it is time for less talk and time for action? What if they hack into the United States' communications and radars?

Comparing the US's electronic warfare and NK's electronic warfare is like comparing an atom bomb to a water balloon. This is actually one of the biggest concerns of NK generals. Just the opposite, like we did in Iraq, we'll keep them from communicating well (though NK will have more C&C than Iraq, due to entrenched comm lines.)

What if after the United States is blind and unable to communicate, the North Korean send there 1.2 million strong army to the United States mainland?

We have redundant methods of communication, and individual pockets of command. Also, if they sent their whole army, who's left in NK? No, they'd invade with a big force, but the problem is, invasion takes a mechanized army. If they can't do it in 72 hrs, they are out of gas, out of ammo, etc. and are just dead.

What type of scenario would play out then? The civilians of the United States of America are in no way prepared for an attack of this magnitude. Even if the North Koreans failed in a takeover of the mainland think of the hole that would be left open for another country to strike, the demoralization that would be in this country in the aftermath, even during an incursion. Many believe a scenario like this would be impossible, why? If the U.S. cannot see or communicate, how are they to be stopped?

With all of the methods of communication, this level of jamming is impossible (on both sides even). Also, we'd see a lot of SK casualties, some air casualties, and some naval casualties (more than Iraq), but it'd be in the first few days of the war mostly. A quick toppling of the regime will help the American people stomach the losses, but the real test is the policiing after the regime falls. NK is an entrenched country, and unless another dictator is propped up as a figurehead quick, the policing would take years (and be bloody).

Reply to another:

How would the special forces even get here? By sub? (Diesel one, slipping past the defenses? Highly unlikely). By plane? (or go crashing into the sea from a cruise missile). By sea? (go to the bottom from a torpedo)... That's of course even assuming they had the range to get here (so far nothing comes to mind)... Most Americans really don't realize just what a factor the US's geographical location is to any enemy army. We can project our power due to bases and carriers. NK cannot.
edit on 1-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thank you! Excellent answers to put my mind at rest!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sublik

You're welcome, keep in mind, the invasion was assuming an invasion of South Korea. They don't have ships or planes or any other transport abilities capable of the range or moving manpower of any magnitude here, and even a fairly large special forces unit wouldn't hold an American town (let alone city) for more than a matter of hours on the US mainland.

top topics

join