It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is Jesus; Jesus is God

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The hope of fulfillment of our longing souls.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by backcase

I don't understand what you mean by 'fulfillment'. Could you elaborate on that? And for those just tuning in, my original question was:

"What's the point of eternal life? Why is immortality necessary? What makes it such an important gift?"

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I don't understand what you mean by 'fulfillment'. Could you elaborate on that? And for those just tuning in, my original question was:

"What's the point of eternal life? Why is immortality necessary? What makes it such an important gift?"

Because the soul gains experience with each life, and each life may bring them closer to the one essence or the divine essence.

This is the goal of every being in existance is to reach one essence so they can become creators themselves.
The goal and point of it all. Is to reach the end of the race. Figure out what life is made up why its here and how it is created.

The point. The point is that we humans share our gifts with our creations when we too become creators we will stand watchfully over a city just as the black cats and black dogs do now. I garentee someonereading this thread has seen a large unkown black dog or animal in their yard before. This would be god checking up on you. Or appearing for a select message. They angels have never stopped encountering people. The difference is. That these dogs just appear, they don't take you anywhere * not yet anyways* yet people freak out like the dog is some kind of Satanic omen.... its not. its THE TEST. Well a pop quiz. Before the rapture these dogs go around testing humans to see who is ready. When the time comes tho you will only be given one chance. So do not be overwhelmed by the sight of the beasts okay? Just overcome it and i will meet you on the otherside, when we are there we will plot the new layout of the earth, continents. But i choose the spot to plop the new eden, Without the Owl dwelling in it. We shall have a great tree and it will not be dedicated to the owls but to god. The owls tree shall be frogotten, their right as gods to be worshipped. Stripped. Their right to blood and sacrifise no more. These things will come to pass because creation favors life. And we shall see life spread like a plague after the coming. It will be glorius. Fruit trees the size of houses. All types of plants engulfing the landscapes. Pyramids made of gold and advanced crystals, we will return to the old ways. But without the mad emperors. Without the betrayers who concorted with the tree of knowledge. The tree will be hacked up and stripped. I jaguar and Moon will take one death, and 7 death, And play the dance of sacrifise. One death shall not be reincarnated as i will. For they lack the closer essence to god which we have. We reincarnate. They don't They die once and that is the end for them. but we have a choice and it is based on karma and justice, thou that lives for others is deemed useful and such is gifted another life. Continually.
And this is the gift of eternal life that was promised.

We at some point, will be dark matter and dark energy. The very essence of the universe itself. The spirit of god. The spirit of god flows through me because i know the truth, I know that matter was once black matter. And so i am able to manipulate the world around me with manifestation. That is my power. I am able to manifest things. People items events. The more i think about something, it happens. That is why i keep a positive mindstate and think about a positive future. I have seen what happens when one carries a cloud over them. It does not just consume you, but everyone else around you. I was described as a black hole by my friends when i was in the time of the wounded healer. Those were dark times. But i am out of the tunnel and in the open clearing. I am a lion running across the savanah. Ready to warn the animals of the coming hunters. I am running across this feild as fast as i can reaching the watering hole. And here at the watering hole I speak of the future and things to come. I speak of the secrets of the galaxy and of the idenity of the gods.

Trust in Jaguar. Me and moon are geniuses.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

...Okaaaay then?

Barely any of that made any sense. Sounds more like a bedtime story to me. None of it convinces me that I want to live forever or that I want to spend all of that time as a servant.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw

Because the soul gains experience with each life, and each life may bring them closer to the one essence or the divine essence.

This is the goal of every being in existance is to reach one essence so they can become creators themselves.
The goal and point of it all. Is to reach the end of the race. Figure out what life is made up why its here and how it is created.

The point. The point is that we humans share our gifts with our creations when we too become creators we will stand watchfully over a city just as the black cats and black dogs do now. I garentee someonereading this thread has seen a large unkown black dog or animal in their yard before. This would be god checking up on you. Or appearing for a select message. They angels have never stopped encountering people. The difference is. That these dogs just appear, they don't take you anywhere * not yet anyways* yet people freak out like the dog is some kind of Satanic omen.... its not. its THE TEST. Well a pop quiz. Before the rapture these dogs go around testing humans to see who is ready. When the time comes tho you will only be given one chance. So do not be overwhelmed by the sight of the beasts okay? Just overcome it and i will meet you on the otherside, when we are there we will plot the new layout of the earth, continents. But i choose the spot to plop the new eden, Without the Owl dwelling in it. We shall have a great tree and it will not be dedicated to the owls but to god. The owls tree shall be frogotten, their right as gods to be worshipped. Stripped. Their right to blood and sacrifise no more. These things will come to pass because creation favors life. And we shall see life spread like a plague after the coming. It will be glorius. Fruit trees the size of houses. All types of plants engulfing the landscapes. Pyramids made of gold and advanced crystals, we will return to the old ways. But without the mad emperors. Without the betrayers who concorted with the tree of knowledge. The tree will be hacked up and stripped. I jaguar and Moon will take one death, and 7 death, And play the dance of sacrifise. One death shall not be reincarnated as i will. For they lack the closer essence to god which we have. We reincarnate. They don't They die once and that is the end for them. but we have a choice and it is based on karma and justice, thou that lives for others is deemed useful and such is gifted another life. Continually.

We at some point, will be dark matter and dark energy. The very essence of the universe itself. The spirit of god. The spirit of god flows through me because i know the truth, I know that matter was once black matter. And so i am able to manipulate the world around me with manifestation. That is my power. I am able to manifest things. People items events. The more i think about something, it happens. That is why i keep a positive mindstate and think about a positive future. I have seen what happens when one carries a cloud over them. It does not just consume you, but everyone else around you. I was described as a black hole by my friends when i was in the time of the wounded healer. Those were dark times. But i am out of the tunnel and in the open clearing. I am a lion running across the savanah. Ready to warn the animals of the coming hunters. I am running across this feild as fast as i can reaching the watering hole. And here at the watering hole I speak of the future and things to come. I speak of the secrets of the galaxy and of the idenity of the gods.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

...Okaaaay then?

yeah, pretty much this

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------

Published on May 26, 2012

The Italian ensemble La reverdie plays Stella Splendens, secular music from the Llibre Vermell de Montserrat, a manuscript from the 14 century

edit on 7-4-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenoglossy

...Okaaaay then?

yeah, pretty much this

Exactly. I ask for substantial or at least logical deductions, and I get bedtime stories.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mlcaponi

If you could provide me with the book or books and chapters in the bible that would clearly back up the claim that "God" is a person in itself, I would like to read about it.
You mean a verse that says "God is a person"?
I don't think there is a verse that says that.

For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.
1 Corinthians 1:21

Whenever God is discussed as to what He does and why, it uses the language of describing a person.
In the Greek original text it is clearer than what is evident in the English translation, where the grammar, syntax, word forms and definite personal articles, are all used in the exact same way as when describing a person.
edit on 7-4-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Well, I feel a longing for that which I cannot describe, and I hope for its attainment. I hope to be completed, because as I am, I feel incomplete.

None of us know exactly what being an immortal will be like, and personally I do not hope for immortality or anything of the like, but I hope to God that I may go Home, because I cannot shake this feeling of being homesick.

get it?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I was pretty sure it did not say that God was a person, that was my point in asking you for scripture. In your previous post, they way I read it, you imply that it does. It's one thing to have a very strong opinion on a book that you believe to be nonsense. I would not even want to try and have a discussion with someone. But if you make a claim to have knowledge of scripture, as it is written, then use it when you back up an argument or disagreement. In your post, I see nothing that would indicate that God sees himself as anything else but God. God is God, not a person and should not be considered to be an individual person. This is where belief in the trinity lies and if you read my previous quotes of scripture, you will see where those quotes support Jesus to be divine in nature and to be one with His Father.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

Well, I feel a longing for that which I cannot describe, and I hope for its attainment. I hope to be completed, because as I am, I feel incomplete.

None of us know exactly what being an immortal will be like, and personally I do not hope for immortality or anything of the like, but I hope to God that I may go Home, because I cannot shake this feeling of being homesick.

get it?

Just listen to what i have said. I summoned the shapeshifter by accident by saying * i am yahweh make your presence known to us* that was a year and a 2 weeks after the anniversary of me seeing my first saucer alien and abuction. I was with my friend and he just drinks now. Everyday. But not me. I don't drink or do drugs, i don't touch pills or any other foul chemicals. I would only concort with plants. Nature, the plants of Osiris. How i love eating them. It makes me feel complete.

I love plants, and the color green. It makes me sad seen barren brown everywhere. Brown like my original eye color. Now i have green and brown the colors of the earth. Ah i love music. Anyone here play guitar?
I converted from left handed to right handed guitar and i love playing music like this.

Just pay attention to animals on your yard that are not animals. Okay?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

John 4:24
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
"Pneuma O Theos" is what it says in the Greek, 'Spirit God', literally.
Translators see 'pneuma' here as a Qualitative Predicate Nominative.
A longer version of this bit of text could be:

Let us consider God, and to understand Him, we must do so by approaching the subject from the aspect of His spiritual nature.

Meaning: it does no good trying to understand God by discussing material things (such as mountains, in this case).
It is hardly a discussion of the definition of God.
None of this disqualifies God from personhood, regardless.
edit on 8-4-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The trinity was a concept that was added 200+ years after his life
Is there any factual basis for that belief, or is that just something you decided to believe because it makes you feel comfortable with your previous decision to reject the Christian belief in the Trinity?

My understanding is that the belief of the Trinity is as old as Christianity itself, and was never doubted within Christianity, but only had to be defended from criticism from outside the church.

That there ever was a controversy over the Trinity, to me, was caused by the question of the details of what sort of 'substance' God was made of, which of course is something peculiar for the time (with pagan influences to thought) and not something that would even be questioned in today's world.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

. . . God is God, not a person . . .

How does this statement mean anything when you give no definition to either "God" or "person"?

Can you define those terms which you apparently have made into concrete terms with absolute values?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

if you read my previous quotes of scripture, you will see where those quotes support Jesus to be divine in nature and to be one with His Father.

You brought up John 10:38

But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.

You were saying then that the godhead is composed of three persons.
So how are you now using that to support the opposite thing?
Are you having a problem with differentiating between "God" being used to describe the godhead?
Well, if so, don't. The New Testament does not use "God" to describe the godhead. It is always used to describe a particular person, usually to refer to The Father, and once to describe Jesus, the risen Jesus, as said by Thomas.

You could take the other verse under discussion, John 4:24,

"Spirit , God (is)"

to mean that Jesus was saying that God was being manifest to his listeners, right now, through the spirit of God speaking to them.
That doesn't mean that is true with anyone who is talking about God, but it was true when it was Jesus, being spiritually in harmony with God, his Father.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

My understanding is that the belief of the Trinity is as old as Christianity itself, and was never doubted within Christianity, but only had to be defended from criticism from outside the church.

It's older than that. Christianity just borrowed the idea, like everything else it uses. Just like the sacrifice, the virgin birth, the 3 days of death, and the son of god deal, Christianity is the greatest and most influential example of plagiarism you will ever know.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

reply to post by greyer

If Jesus was God, he would have prayed to himself. Jesus did not pray to himself, he prayed to God.

To my understanding, they are distinctive within one another because each element of the trilogy possesses the comprehension to distinguish between each other. Everything else is outside of that trilogy, and as such, does not possess that comprehension. Therefore, everything outside recognizes the trilogy as a cohesive unit sharing a unified identity.
edit on 4-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Simply I think it is wrong.

Simply, all the religions of Mesopatamia are one and the same in origin, just the people over thousands of years have changed things, and the people of the far east weren't even introduced to it so they came up with something different.

Yes believe in Jesus, but my word stands - Jesus did not pray to himself therefore he shouldn't be labeled as God.

In now way I am saying that Jesus did not become one with God to sit and the right hand of the Father.

I am saying from an earthly standard (when Jesus was here) that people are ignorant for arguing over whether Jesus is the Father or not, because when Jesus was here there was a clear seperation between him and God. Jesus was known for saying that it is not his works, but the works of his father.

Why are people of today's world so ignorant that they argue with each other and don't see the obvious truth?

Mark Jesus's words - he was going to sit at the right hand of the father, a clear distinction between himself and God - two different entities - one is the father, and one is Jesus. The third part of the trinity is the spirit which is the hand of God which canc ome down to earth.

edit on 8-4-2013 by greyer because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2013 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

It is hardly a discussion of the definition of God.
None of this disqualifies God from personhood, regardless.

No it isn't, but nothing says God is a person either...

Personally I find THIS to be the best definition of God as far as our understanding of him goes... Nothing in the bible can even compare

Is there any factual basis for that belief, or is that just something you decided to believe because it makes you feel comfortable with your previous decision to reject the Christian belief in the Trinity?

The first person to use the word trinity was Tertullian if im not mistaken... before him there were only allusions to the idea... And its nothing that Jesus taught...

Although the idea you presented me with previously was intriguing... that being the transfiguration is a representation of the trinity... I think you're the only person I've ever heard that from... definitely not "mainstream" thinking...

It is my understanding that Jesus supported a single God whom he called Father... After he died, the church decided to make him equal with God, which is a lie... then on top of that, they added his own Godhood onto the stack... along with another person "the Holy spirit" which is again represented by a person rather then something that is within all of us... Which made "Christianity" an exclusive club... elevating the followers of said religion to a higher status then any other religion of the time.

That there ever was a controversy over the Trinity, to me, was caused by the question of the details of what sort of 'substance' God was made of, which of course is something peculiar for the time (with pagan influences to thought) and not something that would even be questioned in today's world.

Well considering the "trinity" was an idea that wasn't originally "Christian" and the idea was taken from "pagan" roots... I don't believe "the trinity" was ever questioned because the theology didn't come from the founder of the religion... It came from outside influences

Of course I suppose that depends on who you believe is the founder of the religion... It was supposed to be Jesus, but somehow I think Paul was the real founder...

edit on 8-4-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

no,what is bull is the stuff that shrooms grow out of and jesus was a mushroom or a leader of a mushroom kult,i dont wana talk about aliens at all now,its a well known fact to people of wisdom that jesus is a mushroom.we dont say that just coz we think so,we know so

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join