It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is Jesus; Jesus is God

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I am not one to judge God, I am not even fit to judge myself.

And yet Christians seem to judge everyone non-Christian. There's no denying it.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask

Okay this line has never made any sense to me. I know who Jesus is. Who is the "Father"? God? Who is the "Holy Spirit"? How can Jesus be both the father and the son? It doesn't make sense. I think somewhere along the way Christians decided to proclaim that Jesus is God to make their religion seem more important than that of the Jews or Muslims.

To me it's all just mumbo-jumbo and lies. I'll never believe any of that crap from any religion. Garbage all of it.

Then why are you asking the questions? Why should I answer?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

non christians judge christians of being judgmental.

the best thing is not to judge a person of any affiliation and consider them a living person just as you.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

You will all way's face mocking answer's or comment's when you profess you faith, it is the plague of the atheist's and there ignorance, I agree with what you say but see Christ as the son of god separate from him, yes he is one in the holy trinity and none come to the Father except by him but He was also a Man incarnate and separate whom prayed to the father, He is seated at the right hand of the father and therefore is not the Father though He is one with Him manifest from the father,.

Now you whom say that He is His own father or something else I find distastefull to repeat, the Virgin mary was born of a miraculous birth as her parent's were too old, it is said she had to come into the world so that He could come into the world which is why she was SENT, He was a manifestation of pure spirit from Yahwey whom is a Spirit and we call God as he is the Almighty.

I do not remember Horus being resurrected in Egyptian religion but Osiris was betrayed and murdered by Set his brother and a large group of conspirator's then his body was scattered around Egypt, Isis his sister gathered the Piece's and bound them un linen to hold them together but his Penis could not be found (A lot of woman have that problem) so she fashioned one from wood (Hmm) and got pregnant saying it was the son of Osiris her brother to legitimise his claim to the throne of Egypt, cue a civil war once he reached manhood and a stalemate with Set, meanwhile Osiris was entombed as he was dead but his soul rose in a shining body and climber the ladder ( the belt of Orion ) into the Duat ( the Egyptian underworld which was in the sky ). Horus never arose from death neither did Osiris but his soul did now Jesus actually arose as his body was manifestation of the spirit of Yahwey, separate but the same, you can not really kill the creator of life as he was before life or the dimension's of time and space even existed yet the man did die and God did rise.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Everyone judge's and everyone will be judged, it is the way of Christian's to offer the way of Christian's and it is your choice to accept or decline,.

Jesus himself said "My own shall come unto me" but he also said "The shepherd will leave the 99 to come to the rescue of the 1".
edit on 1-4-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

How can Jesus be both the father and the son? It doesn't make sense.
The Christian Trinity doctrine states that there are three distinct persons of the godhead.
There are some people who blur that part but they are a vocal minority and I believe they are cultists, and not proper Christians.
To look at the Trinity in an honest way, I believe that people should discard the term, monotheism which is a more modern term, first used in 1500, though it looks old because it is put together from Greek words.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

i could write many reasons why i hate u,one of em is how weak u are that u gona go for the grammer first of course even though i speak 3 languages and u speak the language of the ones that are only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Elbereth11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elbereth11

i could write many reasons why i hate u,one of em is how weak u are that u gona go for the grammer first of course even though i speak 3 languages and u speak the language of the ones that are only dimely aware of a certain unease in the air.

You "hate" someone for what they said on the internet??

Wow, you're quite sensitive huh? You by chance don't have access to a firearm do you?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Elbereth11

Peace man,

My post was not an attack, but it showed the irony of your words.

I can only offer you the hope I have for others, I admit to being poor, weak, and the like. Why must you tread on me further? Even if I were fully aware of whatever coming gloom you feel, what good would that do me? It is important to stand at the beginning, not the end, and that is what I am looking for.

I bear no ill feelings at your words, and I apologize if you were offended, but at least make sense before you insult me.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

How can Jesus be both the father and the son? It doesn't make sense.
The Christian Trinity doctrine states that there are three distinct persons of the godhead.
There are some people who blur that part but they are a vocal minority and I believe they are cultists, and not proper Christians.
To look at the Trinity in an honest way, I believe that people should discard the term, monotheism which is a more modern term, first used in 1500, though it looks old because it is put together from Greek words.

The Christian Trinity is an oxymoron! Christ did not teach a trinity, but the oneness of God. Jesus is not God, he is the son of God.

Jhn 1:18 KJV - No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

Jesus was seen of men, God was not! Jesus had the spirit of God in him just as we do, the only difference is that he had it without measure while we have it by measure.

Also, the Father and the Holy Ghost are the same being.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBigDave

The Christian Trinity is an oxymoron! Christ did not teach a trinity, but the oneness of God. Jesus is not God, he is the son of God.

Jhn 1:18 KJV - No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

He said that he and "God" were one. What else does this mean?

Also, the Christian Trinity is a trio of distinct entities within itself, but to all outside parties, they are essentially a union. This is what I have come to understand from my interactions with Christian parties.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

1.Do you think because Jesus forgave people of their sins, that makes him God?

The Jewish leaders believed that his ability to forgive sins implied to him being God. That's why they wanted him killed.

But some of the teachers of religious law who were sitting there thought to themselves, “What is he saying? This is blasphemy! Only God can forgive sins!” (Mark 2:6, 7 NLT)

What was this mans sins? Who did he sin against Jesus? He didn't ask for forgiveness. Answer below

Is it only God that forgives sins? If so, then why did Jesus tells us, aye, order us, to forgive the trangressions of others?

Sin and forgiveness:
If person A hurts person B, person B is to forgive A. Person A, In the improper act of hurting B, has sinned against God. Person A is accountable for his actions toward God.

Yes, We can forgive each other a transgressions. But we are not just accountable to each other we are still accountable to God.

But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too. ” (Mark 11:25 NLT)

Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable. (Hebrews 4:13 NLT)

Jesus did not just come to teach us to forgive each other.

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! (John 1:29 NLT)

So yes I believe that Jesus being able to forgive sins is evidence of his claim to deity

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yes... They are the ONLY books where the "word of God" is written witnin the bible.... given by his son.

Gospel means the good news. What is the good news?

What would you say if i said Jesus is the word?

In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son. (John 1:1, 14 NLT)

ONLY

The Old Testament contains the gospel.

“You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me! If you really believed Moses, you would believe me, because he wrote about me. But since you don’t believe what he wrote, how will you believe what I say?” (John 5:39, 46, 47 NLT)

I believe, That the good news was displayed in the Garden, when God makes an adequate covering for Adam and eve, after they sin. He does not execute them he proceeds with his plan and allows them to use to continue to fulfill their purpose to fill and take care of the earth. God can forgive, and still work with us even in our failures. Thats good news for humans.

I will reply to the rest later, I have been quite busy.

edit on 2-4-2013 by Observationalist because: .

Edit: for anyone: Is there a rule about posting scripture, should it be posted as external text, or can it stand on its own. Iis it just a preference. Thanks

edit on 2-4-2013 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
He said that he and "God" were one. What else does this mean?

Also, the Christian Trinity is a trio of distinct entities within itself, but to all outside parties, they are essentially a union. This is what I have come to understand from my interactions with Christian parties.

What does "at any time" mean?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

What would you say if i said Jesus is the word?

I would say you are correct, but don't take that as an admission that Jesus is God...

The Old Testament contains the gospel

Not my gospel...

“You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me! If you really believed Moses, you would believe me, because he wrote about me. But since you don’t believe what he wrote, how will you believe what I say?” (John 5:39, 46, 47 NLT)

He said, "Moses wrote about me".... that does not mean everything that Moses said was correct...

I believe, That the good news was displayed in the Garden, when God makes an adequate covering for Adam and eve, after they sin. He does not execute them he proceeds with his plan and allows them to use to continue to fulfill their purpose to fill and take care of the earth.

Why would he execute them?

Oh right... its that wrathful god thing... :shk:

God can forgive, and still work with us even in our failures. Thats good news for humans.

Correct...

for anyone: Is there a rule about posting scripture, should it be posted as external text, or can it stand on its own. Iis it just a preference.

There are no rules about posting scripture... though its preferred that you at least post the book you're quoting so others don't have to search for it themselves... It just saves others time

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I would say you are correct, but don't take that as an admission that Jesus is God...

If you say that Jesus is the word, then you are saying that Jesus is "God". Read the opening lines of the Bible.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

If you say that Jesus is the word, then you are saying that Jesus is "God". Read the opening lines of the Bible.

Nope... John said the word is God

Jesus did not

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Then you claim that the word is NOT "God"?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Then you claim that the word is NOT "God"?

Correct...

The word is OF God... Or even FROM God...

Not God in the flesh

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
I would just like to mention my faith among the midst of non believers.

All who seek God through Jesus will find their Savior.

One blood through the many veins of man, mine is that of the Christ, my God, my Savior.

edit on 013131p://666 by backcase because: (no reason given)

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the only true god, and is responsible for that incredible feeling of peace that we get after eating a good Italian meal with a bottle of vintage Barolo. Nobody starts a fight after that, so the FSM is a force of peace. We often have sex after that, so the FSM is the creator of children. We sleep soundly after that, so the FSM is also the god of slumber. And the FSM often takes care of the next day's lunch, withe the doggie bags we take home, so the FSM is our caring provider of sustenance.

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join