It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone elses diet changed since the horsemeat scandal?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Char-Lee

Still doesn't prove your Veggie propaganda that Human Meat is entering the food chain on purpose.

True...I probably (pretty sure i do) care more then the meat producers about other people though.

I stay away from processed veggie foods too. My husband bought some veggie spring rolls from a place that fries potatoes and chicken, they had chunks of something that was meat in them unknown what kind.(these are frozen and they come from Asian markets and sold here in restaurants.

Processed Meats Declared ‘Too Dangerous for Human Consumption’

www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

If we could grow meat (it is coming) and it is proved safe to eat would you?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

If we could grow meat (it is coming) and it is proved safe to eat would you?

Yes! if the animals that were used as starters were not harmed and the place had a clean and safe way of production.

No more cutting off beaks and letting chickens sit in a cage to small to move, no more torcher of cattle who are very gentle and caring creatures as much as any dog or cat.

For me the abuse of other mammals to be justified as (we need to eat) is insane!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Like Soylent Green?

You know, the corps are after profit and they no longer seem to care how they get it, they are now protected from being accountable.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If I were a Mob gangster, i would own a ground beef factory

Who grinds your beef?

Italian and Polish mafia gangs are blamed for horsemeat scandal as government warns MORE British products will be contaminated Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 30-3-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Thank you for all the replies.

Glad to see it hasn't put off everyone

I'm probably just doing what i should have done many moons ago, pay more attention to what i eat and what is in it, and yes i appreciate that many millions around the world would love a horse burger, but whilst i don't have to, i won't.

Need to lose a bit of weight anyway, and it's certainly helping.

The subject of nails and other body parts in food just makes me think that it was no accident, other than the processing part went wrong.

CX.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
There have been many individuals do it. Plus large operations. There are many!

North Koreans Selling Human Flesh on Black Market

The North Korean police department has issued an order banning daytime funerals and executes publicly anyone involved in the sale of human flesh.

Oil from animal meat coagulates and becomes round in shape, however, that of human flesh coagulates and takes the shape of a diamond."

flatrock.org.nz...

Russian chef accused of selling human meat pies

www.newsytype.com...

Scientists have found traces of human tissue in meat meant for public consumption,

It has also been found that only 15% of meat being sold has been correctly labelled, which means 85% of the meat in the market is questionable.

www.newsdzezimbabwe.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

If I were a Mob gangster, i would own a ground beef factory

Pig farmers are the ones you need to watch out for. Hogs will eat anything.
Maybe that's why they never found Jimmy Hoffa. He could have been served out of a New Jersey Deli the week after his disappearance.

The Hoffa Special: 1 lb of bacon, 2 links of sausage. This week only.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I don't eat red meat anymore and haven't for quite some time. Really I don't think they should hide what choice of meat they are using and trying to pass it off as something else; people should know. I just wonder why they were so deceptive; probably the answer is...making money.

When I was younger (at times) I didn't have the best judgement; anyway...one night around 1:30 am I decided to go for a walk through (Chinatown)...it was a quiet night and I know now (my Guardian Angel) was watching over me.

I was walking along the streets of Chinatown and went down some back streets I had not been on before...the streets at this time were deserted...except for me. I went down this alley...and stood watching from the shadows when inside a place...he opened up a huge sliding door (like a wall) and there was a conveyor belt on the ceiling with giant hooks attacked to it...and hanging from those hooks were beheaded human cadavers. I stood there in stunned silence...and waited till they closed that room up; then I left.

To this day I just have to think...what restaurants in Chinatown serve that kind of meat.

CX

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I was walking along the streets of Chinatown and went down some back streets I had not been on before...the streets at this time were deserted...except for me. I went down this alley...and stood watching from the shadows when inside a place...he opened up a huge sliding door (like a wall) and there was a conveyor belt on the ceiling with giant hooks attacked to it...and hanging from those hooks were beheaded human cadavers. I stood there in stunned silence...and waited till they closed that room up; then I left.

To this day I just have to think...what restaurants in Chinatown serve that kind of meat.

Did you report it?

I must admit, our local chinese takeaway does nice food, but the chicken pieces in teh curry just don't have the texture of chicken. Too rubbery. (No that wasn't a play on words as in lovely/rubbery), it really doesn't taste like any meat i know,

CX.
edit on 30/3/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

reply to post by CX

I don't eat red meat anymore and haven't for quite some time. Really I don't think they should hide what choice of meat they are using and trying to pass it off as something else; people should know. I just wonder why they were so deceptive; probably the answer is...making money.

When I was younger (at times) I didn't have the best judgement; anyway...one night around 1:30 am I decided to go for a walk through (Chinatown)...it was a quiet night and I know now (my Guardian Angel) was watching over me.

Asians have a long history of eating human flesh and organs but today all things cross the boundary of country and profit rules.

For the same or similar purposes, he discussed in an equally detailed manner the use of human sweat, urine, sperm, breast milk, tears, dirt, nails and teeth. Even today, in the People's Republic of China, the use of human fingers, toes, nails, dried urine, feces and breast milk are strongly recommended by the government to cure certain diseases."

en.wikipedia.org...

Unfortunately they have many fake chicken meats and many animals taste like chicken like the kangaroo which is being used for meat
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The problem I see is the market for ill birds, since they soak the meat in ammonia then re-flavor it, It would be easy to use all the slaughtered ill birds from China.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

This does happen in the US too because they are allowed to use chemicals to make meats look fresh when they are not. Take small pieces and use meat glue to make larger cuts. they don't have to tell us much anymore legally

“The date changes on labels so they are using up to six-day-old chicken which is then dated today’s date,” revealed a worker by the name of “Erica”. “Returned chickens are processed as new chicken when Coles returns chicken it is sent to Aldi and Aldi returns it, it is sent to Coles. “This happens every week. Returned tray packs are turned into kebab or marinade and sent back out. I would never buy chicken from Coles or Aldi because of what I have seen.”

www.lifehacker.com.au...

We must also remember this...

n 2011, drugmakers sold nearly 30 million pounds of antibiotics for livestock — the largest amount yet recorded and about 80 percent of all reported antibiotic sales that year. The rest was for human health care. We don’t know much more except that, rather than healing sick animals, these drugs are often fed to animals at low levels to make them grow faster and to suppress diseases that arise because they live in dangerously close quarters on top of one another’s waste.

awkhabir166.wordpress.com... -other-grocery-stores-around-the-country-these-sick-animals-are-injected-wi/
edit on 30-3-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Did you report it?

I must admit, our local chinese takeaway does nice food, but the chicken pieces in teh curry just don't have the texture of chicken. Too rubbery. (No that wasn't a play on words as in lovely/rubbery), it really doesn't taste like any meat i know,

I did report this but in a round about sort of way. A friend of mine; her Father was in law enforcement (detective) and so one night she, her parents and I went out to dinner; and I told them what happened.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

hum guess all animals have red and white meat.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Asians have a long history of eating human flesh and organs but today all things cross the boundary of country and profit rules.

I did not know this...what you have stated above.

Also...the (Chinatown) I was in...is in a major city in the U.S. where I saw...what I saw.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I have not changed anything, but I don't eat most meats. About a year ago I cut out beef, pork, and chicken. I still eat seafood and fish though. I have hormonal seizures and once I cut out beef, pork and chicken (and cut out milk) they almost went away entirely.. go figure.

Makes it easy to not worry about eating horse that way. LOL

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

reply to post by CX

I'm sorry, but I just don't believe a word of this. Any such activity if it really was going on, would undoubtedly take place well out of sight of the public. I certainly cannot imagine anything like this happening in plain view from a public street where anyone could be walking by and report it to the police.

What a load of nonsense.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa

Makes it easy to not worry about eating horse that way. LOL

I had a couple of horse steaks last week. They were delicious.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

You choose not to believe what I have written...that is certainly your right...(but it is the truth) and your non-belief won't change that fact.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I find myself eating far less gizzards, niblets, gizzlets and nublets than I did before the crisis.

If horse is cooked right, it is a lot like a bad cut of moose. Quite dry. Drown it in HP sauce it really helps.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join