It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote Control Sniper Rifle:Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think I saw something like this on future weapons once, however this looks like a crude knock off. Anyway, still kind of flashy for these guys, I had the idea they were just thrashing it out with AK's and frags.
This kind of shines a whole new light on things, where did it come from, who's paying and what else is floating around in the Syrian war and of course how much technology.
This can then also lend itself to NOKO, what surprises could they have?

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

damn their ingenuity is just amazing.

I dont know who is helping them out, but they have made some impressive weapons. Just saying, what cant a technically inclined mind do?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Im surprised we dont see more weapons like this being used on the battlefield. It looks a "knocked up" version, like you said, but if it works......why not.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I was hoping to see it fired, im scouring the net now. im desperate to see this thing in action

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

here is a related thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The one thing i looked for was some type of mechanism to actually "pull" the trigger, it doesnt seem to have one. It could be electronically fired i suppose, even more hi tech than i first thought.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Check this out!!!
www.aviationweek.com...:27ec4a53-dcc8-42d0-bd3a-01329aef79a7&plckpostid=blog:27ec4a53-dcc8-42d0-bd3a-01329aef79a7post:8 35b7d06-e3e0-428d-930b-9ea88e088c29

The system, dubbed Tanin (Alligator) mounts a Barret 0.5" semi-automatic heavy sniper rifle, positioned on an electrically powered, remotely-controlled fixture capable of aiming the rifle at targets up to 3 km away.

found an original hit here from 08' i think

40yrs.blogspot.com.au...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman

here is a related thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

cool, i feel these guys had to have seen this hi tech. equipment in action then created their own

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

You saw this technology in an old Bruce Willis movie. He had the remote control weapon in a van parked and waiting to assassinate someone. I think the move was called 'The Jackal.' Let me checkyoutube.

Oh, yeah...it was Jack Black who played the 'inventor'.

Jack Black Gets His Arm Blown Off
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by coltcall

You saw this technology in an old Bruce Willis movie. He had the remote control weapon in a van parked and waiting to assassinate someone. I think the move was called 'The Jackal.' Let me checkyoutube.

Oh, yeah...it was Jack Black who played the 'inventor'.

Jack Black Gets His Arm Blown Off
www.youtube.com...

that was fiction, this is reality.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Hmmmmm......defining reality?

Are you the dreamer...or are you the dream?

What I didn't get about the Jack Black character is what 'inventor' of massively destructive weapons isn't packing heat on his person?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by coltcall

Some one has been watching the Jackal(Bruce Willis movie) me thinks!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

check the links bro its out there,lol. no dreams

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Never ever said that if you saw it in a movie it couldn't happen in real life.

Just said that the technology has been around a long time.

If the technology allows to hit a jet fighter traveling at mach plus speed....then hitting Jack Black running is no big deal. Not really.

Yeah....Jack Black really didn't fill the bill for the part of a weapon's inventor on the black market.

Oh, well.....life is sad.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

Some one has been watching the Jackal(Bruce Willis movie) me thinks!

You don't like Bruce Willis? Not even in the Die Hard movies?

I guess it happens.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Let's see.....Rifle costs 750 bucks and remote control unit maybe costs three grand extra. It's fixed and can't be moved easily. Now wouldn't it be better to have three extra guns and 750 bucks worth of ammo instead?

I think this is not a cost effective and appropriate use for technology. It is just making someone rich, sort of like the little personal helicoptors do. I would rather use a regular sniper rifle myself.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Interesting...but not new. In fact, I'm surprised no one else brought this up yet since it made pretty big news at the time.

In 2005, a Texas rancher began using a remote-controlled .22-caliber rifle and a camera set up on the Internet to provide hunters with access to game animals on his ranch, such as wild pigs, sheep, blackbuck antelope and Barbary. He charged fees for the remote hunting sessions, a DVD recording of the session, taxidermy and meat processing [source: BBC].
Source

It is pretty clever and must be tricky to get working properly, regardless.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Ya know...come to think of it....I believe that had rocket ships in movies long before Alan Shepard.

Hmmmmm.......and those drones. They're all remote control, too? Right?

Hmmmm.....I think they had drones in movies long before there were drones over your city.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I believe wild life photographers were using remote control cameras to catch lions feeding at night, and stuff like that.

Attach a camera to an automatic weapon spraying 700 rounds a minute or so......wipe out a few pride of lions pretty fast, I'd say.

Except National Geographic probably wouldn't want to televise such an event.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
That controller looks aweful.

I would have rigged it up to a PS3 controller. He's not going to hit any moving targets with what he has.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join