It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History shows that the North Korea is just provocating the new South Korean president.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
reply to post by FatherStacks

Facts are, Iraq and Libya were invaded to stop the trading of oil in gold, had it went forward...ie the war never happened, your economy would have failed 10 years ago, and much of the fake wealth in your country would be gone.

What happens if you cant buy oil with dollars??? Do you really think you have enough gold reserves to fulfill your insatiable greed of the black stuff???

Perhaps you are correct on the issue of gold reserves, but there are about 15 billion barrels in the Dakotas alone to tap. And then?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
My apologies to the OP for this thread getting off track.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

what does 'provocating' mean - is that a new word ???

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Thousands of sources if you can be bothered to look...they brainwash you pretty good over there so i dont imagine you will accept anyhting as truth i say...i cant find a FOX News article for you im afraid...

www.thedailybell.com...
www.examiner.com...
english.ruvr.ru...
etc etc etc

edit on 30-3-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

Well...what can I say...you got me.

None of your articles detail how the U.S. economy would have collapsed. Such claims require primary source documents and analysis, not editorials. Anyway, you win.
edit on 30-3-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

It doesnt need detailing, if you had to buy oil with gold your economy would grind to a halt within days

You (USA) have 8000 tons of gold worth an amazing.....$500 billion..wowzers, so much wealth

You consume 19.18 million barrels per day...imported of course, (19 gallons per barrel) or 368 million gallons a day...how long would you $500b of gold last???? Not long lol

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

It doesnt need detailing, if you had to buy oil with gold your economy would grind to a halt within days

You (USA) have 8000 tons of gold worth an amazing.....$500 billion..wowzers, so much wealth

You consume 19.18 million barrels per day...imported of course, (19 gallons per barrel) or 368 million gallons a day...how long would you $500b of gold last???? Not long lol

You're argument is so problematic, yet I've conceded defeat. What more would you like?
edit on 30-3-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
reply to post by Cabin

what does 'provocating' mean - is that a new word ???

I apologise for my error, checked it out. To be honest, I had always though that was a word in English : the verb for provocation, synonym to provoke. At least learned something new today

Sometimes the only way to find out your flaws, you always believed to be correct, is by somebody, who knows better, pointing them out

Thank You, HelenConway

edit on 30-3-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

haha cabin I do not know better - believe me - I was genuinely wondering if that was an American version of ' to provoke' ' provoking'

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

And how long would the oil exporting economies last if they insisted on terms their primary customer refused?

The USA does have oil production, and ethanol production. What other major industries do the oil exporters have?

The oil exporting economies could, if they wanted to, take dollars and euros and buy lots of gold and put it in their vault. But they don't, because they want to use the money to buy things for their people who would otherwise cut off their heads.

OIl will be traded on whatever terms are maximally mutually acceptable. Right now, oil exporters want dollars because it's the easiest to do stuff they want with dollars.
edit on 31-3-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join