It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bioshock Infinite.... umm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

OK, thanks..

been having a go at it tonight but haven't beaten it yet...

/sigh.....

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I tried to play it but took it back the same day. I absolutely hate linear games that hold your hand while they tell you a story. If I want that I will just read a book.

I prefer open world games or games where you are constantly striving for a goal. Picked up Gears of War: Judgement and currently leveling up and playing multi-player. Quite a bit longer life than Bioshock.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

no spoilers this is just the start of the game (wanted to see if my graphics card could handle the game on the highest graphics settings)

and it worked

edit on 4-4-2013 by bodrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well I beat it..

Ending really sucked!

But it was a fun game to play..

did I mention that the ending sucked???

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
Well I beat it..

Ending really sucked!

you suck

played through it twice and the more it made sense, I thought it all worked out well
did you see the scene after the credits?

full ending (skip credits)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Well I beat it..

Ending really sucked!

It will likely go down as one of the most WTF endings in any game. I like that scene were they go through the door and they end up in the first bioshock game. From a city at the bottom of the ocean to a city in the clouds, both notions seem a bit ridiculous to the other.
And in the end you still end up in the same room, with the same choices. Really given all that happened and the possibilities the only outcome was that Booker had to die, so that Comstock would never be born.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

Well I beat it..

Ending really sucked!

It will likely go down as one of the most WTF endings in any game. I like that scene were they go through the door and they end up in the first bioshock game. From a city at the bottom of the ocean to a city in the clouds, both notions seem a bit ridiculous to the other.
And in the end you still end up in the same room, with the same choices. Really given all that happened and the possibilities the only outcome was that Booker had to die, so that Comstock would never be born.

watch the ending I posted
Hes not dead,
edit: skip the credits right at the end

Major spoiler

all universes share some-sort of similarities and meet at one point which effects them all
Basically they stop the cycle, Booker from becoming comstock and going back in time
so none of it took place and he didn't give up his daughter amanda dewitt aka elizabeth to his future-self

edit on 5-4-2013 by bodrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Oh no I seen it, and he is dead...That is a different Booker, just like those were all different Elizabeths, the other Booker died both physically, spiritually and metaphysically. Like Elisabeth said in that vid you linked at the ending. Sometimes there are variations and variables in this story, but it always starts at the lighthouse and there is always a man and there is always a woman, and there is always in all the other worlds and variations a version of comstock.

In most of them Booker becomes comstock, but in that one he chose a different path remember the scene were they were baptizing him and he broke free and said that none of that is going to do anything or cleanse him of his sins, that part was not supposed to happen, in the majority of the worlds that part does not exist, that is the fork in the road when Booker DeWitt dies and that is when Zachary Hale Comstock is born.

That was the variable, he chose a different path then the other Bookers did, and it lead to the story in the game which lead to the ending being like it is. Like Booker said when they were going to the lighthouse "lets go back to when he was born and smother the son of a ****" and the question was "Ah! but how far back does one know to go?" When he was born! But when was he born? And that moment there and then is when Comstock was born in to the worlds. If you went farther back, and killed Booker, the results would still lead to the same place in the other worlds as such things resonate throughout and it would not change much. And so he ended up back in the same old room with the same old choices after he was smothered/drowned to death by the Elizabeth's, only this time he was just given the opportunity to choose differently this time around.

And so there is no more story to tell and the curtain drops The End of the game, as there will be no comstock and no baddies to shoot up and no city in the clouds and no more inter-dimensional traveling. Funny how the happy endings or happy stories just do not make interesting games...People prefer to have some bad guy's to shoot up, some evil baddies to fight, some world catastrophic event to deal with, and the whole thing is much more exiting the babysitting a baby in the crib for hours a day...If there is a story from then on, it would not make for a very exciting video game.

edit on 5-4-2013 by galadofwarthethird because: More thoughts on the matter.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I finished this game today, and honestly, I don't know if its just me but it made me depressed... even watching that booker was still alive I just don't know... I don't even wanna play it again cause its just so weird.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Guys, who knows , where do I download Bioshock 2? I am dying to play it! Help

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: GregMann

Steam.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join