Tomorrow, when the war began

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
As the title say's, I call it for what it is.
I do not know how many of you are familiar with a book and a film titled as above.It is set in Australia, and is the story of several teenagers ,that go camping.Upon their return they discover that the country has been invaded and is now occupied by an undisclosed Asian Nation.It is similar in many way's to Red Dawn.
Many of you know my history with movies, what I have said and done in the past. Here I see a interesting coincidence and set of algorythm's. As many of you know I also don't believe in coincidences.
So what is it ? Do I believe that tomorrow, Australia will be invaded ? Well no, not unless you count the US Marines that shall pour into millitary bases across the top of the country and that won't exactly be tomorrow either.
So what ? what is the coincidence ? Well you are all aware of the North Korean declaration made today right ?
Well it is very simple.The above titled movie airs tonight, of all nights here on Australian television. Predictive programing ? Coincidence ? Time will tell.
I believe that tomorrow we will awake to a new day, a new dawn and the new order to come.Skyfall , call me Chicken Little.I have been called far worse.
Good night.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I saw that movie and really enjoyed it
isn't it the first of three?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Think it's impossible? Indonesia has the world's fourth highest population behind China, India and the US. And they're right on our doorstep. Their military outnumbers ours by almost five times. And they have just as modern weaponry as we currently do.

At the moment Australia is part of the British monarchy, so any attack would have to be responded to by the UK military, not to mention our alliances with the US.

So we go Republic right? I would suspect this little act would bring Indonesia down on us in a matter of months.

I don't know if you've read all four books, but basically it ends with all Australia being crammed into NSW while the unknown foreign force takes over the remainder of the country, while the UK and the US basically do nothing.

While it may be fiction, Australia is a large agricultural nation, as well as a large producer of raw materials needed for any war effort. I would suspect any Asian nation would be salivating at the chance to put their own flag here. The US know it too, they just got here first...

I don't know about you, but I feel safer having an extra contingent of US Marines sitting close to Indonesia's borders as a reminder...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

S&F simply for the memories ^.^

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
look at it this way
one thing Australian are known for is helping one another in the time of need! not all but most.
so if you say that our sandy shores to be invaded, every man and his dog will be on that beach ready for invasion not to mention all the [snipped]

we do have it easier here due to our sea surroundings and low population
not to mention our # government but that's another story all together
it would take months for any nation to reach our shores due to our neighboring friends
our army is not the strongest but our nation will show its true colors
edit on Sat Mar 30 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I can't say that I've ever even heard of it. Though I will definitely be taking a look here in just a few moments. Thank you for the viewing suggestion, and I do hope we can get there first, if not everything will become a s***storm. I had no idea that you guys would have to deal with Indonesia as well. Here's hoping for the best, and if that doesn't come then I do wish you good luck from the states.

Though I do hope to whatever might be floating in the aether that things stop escalating.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Loved the series and I have thought much about the scenario of "what if". I actually think IF a country did move against Australia, it could be easily taken. The citizens have basically been disarmed and they are relying on other countries to protect them. I don't mean to say that Australia cannot defend itself but if the military is hit, who is to protect the country? Interesting that people would assume that the US would help. Currently with the existing administration I would say there is a 50/50 chance of military help. If things heat up around the world and things keep escalating, interests many be elsewhere and countries like Australia would be almost on their own.

Now I do think that this could be a sign that Tomorrow when the war began... I saw the movie a few months ago on Showtime or something. I think if anything it could a be sign for Australians to think long & hard of what if... because if your military gets hit and the Brits are busy elsewhere who is going to protect you? I am American so I have the mentality of protecting my homeland & with all the 2A stuff happening I often think of this series. With Australia's neighbors I would think you all would want to be well armed because as someone pointed out, Australia has got the goods that would be very valuable to a war effort.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Countries do not have a habit of jumping over other nations and just take them over!,(well with the exception of a few)....Even if the Americans and British forces have done that a few times it doesn't mean that others will do the same....There are still some sanity left in this world,,,,Hopefully.....North Korea is just alarming and reminding us of the consequences of any possible military adventure against their home land security....Times are tough for all of us,I think it is time for everybody to just chill out..

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
are you still there ?!?

I need to know !!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I just wanted to comment on the movies you mentioned. red dawn sucked so hard. Australian movie much better.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I am not talking of Australia being invaded.Think of the title and think some more.Though thank you for your replies.Interesting many of you internationals are familiar with the book's or film.Never knew there were for book's or the part about N.S.W.
Thank you for reading.
edit on 30-3-2013 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
I am not talking of Australia being invaded.Think of the title and think some more.

hip hip hooray !!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by shapur
Countries do not have a habit of jumping over other nations and just take them over!,(well with the exception of a few)....Even if the Americans and British forces have done that a few times it doesn't mean that others will do the same......

A few times? The military threat from western powers, the US in particular, is very real. If you have US boots on your home soil, you should be worried.

An updated summary of US military interventions and CIA missions. Since the end of the Second World War, the United States of America has:

Attempted to overthrow more than 50 governments, most of which were democratically-elected.
Attempted to suppress a populist or nationalist movement in 20 countries.
Grossly interfered in democratic elections in at least 30 countries.
Dropped bombs on the people of more than 30 countries.
Attempted to assassinate more than 50 foreign leaders.

In total: Since 1945, the United States has carried out one or more of the above actions, on one or more occasions, in the following 69 countries (more than one-third of the countries of the world):

coupmedia.org...

The one thing that the pentagon is *very* good at (excluding killing) ...... is propaganda.

These people have claimed a large portion of the US GDP, butchered people across the world, stolen resources, tortured and raped at will. Yet, people still fall for the positive image that has been carefully crafted.

I find it odd that the majority of people are so blind.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Ahha.

They wrote the book in 1993 to make a movie in 2010, to air tonight.

Which, I might add, is less than 6 months since it last aired here.

Perfect timing, those uncanny rascals. Just proves that if we wait long enough, everything comes to pass. no?

They were supposed to make a sequel. But the first one sucked so much they didn't. Caitlin Stasey should have stayed in neighbours. Man she's a crap actress.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
I am not talking of Australia being invaded.Think of the title and think some more.
edit on 30-3-2013 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)
Then what is the point? I thought of the title, I read the books, I even read the Ellie Chronicles. I have seen the movie. So are you saying the the war will begin tomorrow? That NK will finally stop blathering and act?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wan7ed
look at it this way
one thing Australian are known for is helping one another in the time of need! not all but most.
so if you say that our sandy shores to be invaded, every man and his dog will be on that beach ready for invasion not to mention all the wogs

we do have it easier here due to our sea surroundings and low population
not to mention our # government but that's another story all together
it would take months for any nation to reach our shores due to our neighboring friends
our army is not the strongest but our nation will show its true colors

The dogs will bark and the people will shake their fist I suppose. The Wogs if I understand the term will be the only ones who are armed with spear and bow. All your guys and gals in the military are/were/ first class anytime I have worked with them so there would be some stiff resistance there unless your government says something to the contrary..

Didn't you guys give up your weapons (mostly) for a safer/protect the children kinda deal a few years ago? Have seen a few youtube videos of the destruction and crying "what have we done" theme?

youtu.be...
youtu.be... interesting crime stats
youtu.be...

I do believe all of NATO will come to your aid after some wringing of hands and paperwork is complete....Might take a few weeks or months but the checks in the mail if you get my drift?

I doubt China would invade they will just buy what they want to include some of your government officials...I will say this just incase...Mandarin Chinese is a very hard language to learn, what with the 9 tones and all so I would hope for all those from "the land down under" you guys live in peace and harmony and nothing resembling an armed invasion ever happens on you continent.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
The Wogs if I understand the term will be the only ones who are armed with spear and bow.

Umm, well lets assume that you don't.

Ahhahaha but you just gave me a comical scene in my mind... a bunch of Italians running around the outback in tribal paint, with woomeras..

Ohhhh boy..

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by 727Sky
The Wogs if I understand the term will be the only ones who are armed with spear and bow.

Umm, well lets assume that you don't.

Ahhahaha but you just gave me a comical scene in my mind... a bunch of Italians running around the outback in tribal paint, with woomeras..

Ohhhh boy..

ahaaa the error of my ways...sorry my brain wasn't tuned properly; honey do we have anymore coffee?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Rare event tonight i was watching the tevee (ABC news 24 mainly) when i turned the station and caught the last few minutes of this... my first reaction "bugger i missed it" and my second was... "hmmmmmm"

Time for some clarity..

Indonesia, would certainly like to have a chunk of the big island... that's been a real threat since.. well.. forever really. Any old timer will chew your ear of about how we forget things, I've heard that story many times.

They.. just don't have the "ideal situation" in which to try, at present most of our heavy navy is up there.. if that presence was scattered.. say in a global conflict, we'd have a problem that's 100% certain.. but...

even if they somehow took out what we have left after deployment for a defense force, the citizens of this fair nation are far from meek, im not talking about the citys, but go a bit away from the city and you see the real Aussie folks that would kick up such a crapstorm of chaos on any invading army.. they'd with they stayed at home. As for weaponry.. there's a few options.

First and obvious one is the Motorbike gangs, they surly, look mean and smell meaner.. but if it was last stand time.. you can bet they'd be helping anyone that showed an ounce of guts to fight for our home. Then there's the farmers.. almost every farm plot has at least 1 .22 or bigger, farm plots are roughly at smallest 5 acres... that's.. alot of guns, and don't discount a .22 Before they took our guns away.. many of my generation grew up with a .22 it'd be like riding a horse again.. oh.. yeah.. were pretty bang up at that too.

Then factor in all the recreational gun owners... and the odd crazy hillbilly with a decent stash (yep.. we got em too) and in the worst case scenario, most of us could devise some serious hurt in the form of traps, Xbows.. hell even a makeshift rifle if we had at least one person who had an idea.. in fact.. all we really need is Ideas... this is Australia.. no shortage of them either

Just sayin... it'd be far from a walk in the park. and it's a long walk from Nth Aussieland to.. well anywhere except Darwin.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well I watched some of that movie last night and it was #house like I thought it would be.
As for Indonesia, Australia isnt scared of them at all, East Timor proved that.
Like the US, UK and Canada, we now have many combat verterans in our forces too after 12 years.
I think the UK and Australia would still be allies even if we did go republic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join