It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration in the UK - The Reality?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by midicon

"Govanhill is not the worst area to walk through in Glasgow "

I'm not saying its the worst, but its getting really horrible to tolerate.

Funny you should mention Shawlands, we were looking at flats there last week, a little pricey for me right now because we have just had our second child. Needs must all the same, we need to get out of here if only for the sake of our children. Little girl is 6 now an requires a more stable/secure area to play. And of course I now need another bedroom for the baby.

cheers for the sentiment pal.
edit on 2-4-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
we have more than enough criminals of our own. importing more is foolish.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by davesmart

Cheers for the support mate!

Is that a ZX Spectrum48k in your avatar? I had one of those many, many moons ago.

Hi
yes speccy and i still have mine 30 yrs old and mint
I use emus so i dont have to get mine out lol
edit on 2012/06/12 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I don't have my Spectrum anymore, I do however still have my Commodore 64 with 5 1/4 inch disk drive + 1000s games from the Barra's market. I loved the Amiga 500 also. Think they are somewhere in my Mum & Dads loft. Next to my old Castle Greyskull. LoL

I do remember loving that little Spectrum with those rubber keys, I remember eagerly typing away for hours, programing little Space Invader games in Basic.

And the weird trippy sound the thing made while loading games from the tape deck! Those were the days eh?

Sorry i'm off topic.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Hhaha i had them all

My fave of the c64 was always the "oceon loader" music

I would stop the tape and reload just to hear it lol

Here's an excellent couple

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I have no idea as to the requirements political refugees need to claim asylum here in the UK. I imagine they must be rather lax these days given the numbers of refugees entering the United Kingdom.

So you admit that what you said was based on no evidence whatsoever. An odd way to go about things, but each to their own I suppose.

Do you have any idea of "the numbers of refugees entering the United Kingdom"? What percentage of the world's refugees do you think the UK hosts?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart

Andy

You dont have to explain yourself to that poster
Imo I think the poster just copied and pasted his text...cant prove it mods, but If I must.....

Of course he doesn't have to. But an inability to answer simple, valid criticisms is generally not redolent of a particularly strong argument.

I'd like to see you try to prove that I copy and pasted the post as well. As you say, I doubt it.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JuniorDisco

"So you admit that what you said was based on no evidence whatsoever. An odd way to go about things, but each to their own I suppose."

If you read the thread in its entirety you would see I have supplied plenty of evidence to support my claims, links and all. If anyone requires evidence of the situation here I suggest they come and see for thereself, simple!

"Do you have any idea of "the numbers of refugees entering the United Kingdom"? What percentage of the world's refugees do you think the UK hosts?"

Google is you friend son, get your own statistics. I think its around 2% of the total global share.

edit on 3-4-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

If you have read the thread in its entirety you would see I have supplied plenty of evidence to support my claims, links and all. If anyone requires evidence of the situation here I suggest they come and see for thereself, simple!

I have read it. You said that

"No one thinks to ask why there are going to be torched and killed or what they have done to deserve such an act being perpetrated against them"

When I took issue with this you admitted that you "have no idea as to the requirements political refugees need to claim asylum here in the UK".

Which is why I said you were basing your conclusions on a lack of evidence. You actually admit this yourself.

Google is you friend son, get your own statistics. I think its around 2% of the total global share.

Not that high, is it?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I actually meant all of my threads/posts, not just the first one! You may even find some more spelling mistakes. LoL

And yes the figure is exactly that high!

"Fact: The UK, one of the richest countries in the world, hosts less than 2 per cent of the world’s total refugee population"

www.refugee-action.org.uk...

Also I wonder this figure is for the UK, Scotland has rather a lower population density than England so the percentile could actually be greater in this neck of the woods!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I actually meant all of my threads/posts, not just the first one! You may even find some more spelling mistakes. LoL

I did read them. But I was just pointing out that you made pronouncements about the criteria used to admit asylum seekers and then admitted you knew nothing about the subject.

And yes the figure is exactly that high!

I meant that 2 per cent is not very high!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
KFC are selling halal chicken
Can you complainers really not see that this is wrong

That's hilarious, some one should tell her that
business is for PROFIT., how
it that wrong ?
Lol , btw it was a business decision don't take
it personally.

edit on 3/4/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

UK population is around 63.2 million people on an island comprising 243,610 km², and you dont think 2% is a lot! That's around 1,264,000 extra mouths to feed.

Keep in mind that not all the land mass is suitable or even developed enough to allow Human habitation and you may come to see that 2% is still way to much for this country to cope with!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JasonT
My parents are of Pakistani origin
. . . existing population given incentives to go back.

? So would you be willing to go back ?

. . . then DON'T point fingers if you are not going
to walk the talk but make excuses.

edit on 3/4/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

UK population is around 63.2 million people on an island comprising 243,610 km², and you dont think 2% is a lot!

Keep in mind that not all the land mass is suitable or even developed enough to allow Human habitation and you may come to see that 2% is still way to much for this country to cope with.

Given that we're one of the richest countries in the world, no I don't think it's that much. I looked at the source you provided. We have 3 refugees per 1000 people. In Armenia it's 70 per 1000. Our average per person is lower than the European average.

You may of course think that we shouldn't help people who are endangered at all. But that hardly marks you out as compassionate.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Why don't the stuffy, pasty white racists just shut up and leave then?

The UK is a #hole as it is, ruled by an archaic (and illegal) "royal" family.

The only people whining loudly about immigration are WASPs.

edit on 3-4-2013 by VaterOrlaag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Charity begins at home!

I think we need to sort out our own social, economic and homeless problems before we start attempting to help political refugees.

Britain may well indeed still be one of the richest countries, but its falling apart at the seams, this is apparent to anyone with half a brain!

We should fix our own mess first, not add to it, IMHO!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

I'm not racist, I have Muslim and Indian friends that think exactly the same thing regarding the refugee situation unfolding. I don't care what colour or creed people are, simple that they act like Human beings, I treat people as I find them.

And I'm proud to be a Scottish white protestant! Not anglo saxon ether i'm afraid, my lineage leans more toward Viking descent!

Racist??? I think not, as I have already stated i'm a realist! LoL

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Charity begins at home!

I think we need to sort out our own social, economic and homeless problems before we start attempting to help political refugees .

Britain may well indeed still be one of the richest countries, but its falling apart at the seams, this is apparent to anyone with half a brain!

We should fix our own mess first, not add to it, IMHO!

So you think that we should forget about international law and simply send men, women, children back to, in many cases, their deaths? Or criminal abuse? Even when the cost compared to, say, cigarette tax fraud is minimal?

It's a standpoint, I suppose. But as I say it's not very kind or compassionate.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

You have to be cruel to be kind! And compassion to me seems rather redundant until we are in a better situation regarding the assistance of others.

As I said charity begins at home! Hope I have made my opinion(standpoint) clear.

On that note i'm off to do some work.

Good day to you.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join