It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration in the UK - The Reality?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
After David Camerons speech on immigrants not getting housing benefit, and every politician in the land telling us about how great immigration is, and how it enriches us culturally, I thought you might be as interested as I was in the top latest stories from this weeks local paper, and some similar recent stories:

Story 1: Predatory sex offender plies underage girl and mentally ill women with neat vodka in order to rape them here.

Story 2: Wicked pair get 36 years for drugging and raping teenage girls here.

Story 3: Wicked rapist...here.

Story 4: Mum criticises MP over non action re sexual exploitation of children (this was highlighted years back and politicians branded such talk as "racist" and did nothing, directly related to the 3 stories above) here[/ur l].

Story 5: Bradford brothers face charges over plans to attend terrorist camp here.

You might be forgiven for thinking that I live in the Bronx, or downtown Beirut, but I live in a little English market town, population c.90,000.

All of the stories above are from this month, most of them from this week.

Is it interesting that all of these characters come from the same section of society?

Should we be more strict in letting people from these kinds of cultures into the UK, or are these just a few bad eggs?

Is it strange that we don't seem to have similar bad eggs from other sections of the community, immigrant or not?

Am I just worrying over nothing?

Do you think that even talking about this is racist? (seriously interested)

Thanks.

edit on 30-3-2013 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2013 by Power_Semi because: malformed urls

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

I'm not normally one to bother too much over immigrant crime as there's far more done by people born here.

I do think though that there's a case for saying no more.
Each new batch of immigrants cripple the wages of the unskilled.
That's really the only reason that successive governments have allowed it. To depress wages and conditions in the workplace.

As for the rape gangs and their ilk. Maybe it's time to ignore the judicial system and simply burn these folks and their businesses out. ..

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This is a very difficult and emotive subject and, whilst I understand your point of view, this could rapidly degenerate into a racist slagging match.

The truth is that the ethnic minorities are actually the majority in Britain's prisons in relation to their percentage of the population as a whole. This surely says something?

Personally I couldn't give a damn about the colour of someone's skin & I care even less about which imaginary friend in the sky they pray to. What angers me is the complete capitulation of our successive governments to these minorities, giving them rights that the indigenous population don't have.

The Prime Minister's latest speech on not allowing immigrants benefits or housing for five years would laudable if it were not against EU law (The joke that is the EU is a topic for another thread). As it currently stands priority for social housing is given to immigrants or those made homeless, and free money is handed out at an alarming rate.

I have no issue with anyone who wants to come here, work and make their contribution to the UK, but feel we should adopt a similar, zero tolerance immigration policy to that of Australia to prevent the benefit tourists.

The UK has a population of over 60,000,000 in a country roughly the size of the state of Maine. Bluntly put- we're full. A stop on all but essential immigration really needs to be put into force for a few generations to allow us to decrease population density and unemployment, but that will never happen whilst we're in the EU.

And god help us when the Romanian gypsies start coming over next year!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GeeBee

This is a very difficult and emotive subject and, whilst I understand your point of view, this could rapidly degenerate into a racist slagging match.

Oh, I'm sure it will. Life is reassuringly dependable in these little ways.

The truth is that the ethnic minorities are actually the majority in Britain's prisons in relation to their percentage of the population as a whole. This surely says something?

Does 'ethnic minorities' include Welshmen?

The relative preponderance of people from ethnic minorities in prison may have a number of causes, such as:
  1. Afro-Caribbeans, Arabs, Armenians, Greeks, Indians, Irish, Jews, Pakistanis, Slavs, et cetera, et cetera) are generally more prone to criminal behaviour than stalwart men and women of Anglo-Saxon, Norse or Celtic ancestry.

2. People from the aforesaid minorities are no more prone to criminal behaviour than stalwart Britons, but are more likely (for some reason) to get caught.

3. People from the aforesaid minorities tend to be picked on by suspicious police officers and are less likely to get away with any crime they commit.

4. People from the aforesaid minorities tend to do worse in the British legal system, often because of poor English skills and imperfect understanding of the law and local custom.

5. People from the aforesaid minorities tend to be relatively poor (Boris Berezhovsky was an exception to this, of course). Poor people are always over-represented in prison population samples. There are many reasons for this, most of which are not their fault.

If rich countries like Britain and the USA continue to rely on imported labour to perform the work native Britons and Americans no longer wish to do, they will continue to have large, relatively poor populations of migrants, mostly living in difficult conditions with restricted access to ordinary social services and poorly protected by the law. And they will continue to have large numbers of migrant workers in their gaols.

The bulk of your post shows that you are resistant to immigration for the same reasons most established residents are. The reasons are the same all over the world, with slight variations based on the local host culture (the Japanese and Maldivians dislike immigrants as much as you do). They are also mostly spurious. The real reason people hate outsiders is biological, an ancient instinctual response. Civilised people learn to restrain such impulses, but not even in England is everyone capable of that.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
See this is the thing that I really don't understand. These people come over here and claim political asylum. There story goes something like this "I cant live in my own country anymore because the oppressive government are going to torcher or kill me".

No one thinks to ask why there are going to be torched and killed or what they have done to deserve such an act being perpetrated against them. 10-1 rather a large percentage of the political refugees granted asylum in the UK have done something so heinous in there own nations that they are forced to flee their respective countries! And its assured that its more than voting for the wrong side!

And before I start to be tagged as a racist, try living next to them! The things they do could fill a whole thread of its own but a 404 would ensure!
edit on 30-3-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Another racist thread...dang..do you stormfront idiots never get tired of trying to invade ATS.

You point out all the minority crimes and conveniently leave out all the white crime....typical racist BS.
edit on 30-3-2013 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
404 this stupid thread.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
are we looking at the religion of the minority , soon to become majority groups as a factor . I would like to see if that has anything to do with their tendency to rape .

Or is a sexual repression due to the culture of not being allowed girlfriends as in some countries such as India.
As we know poor old India is having a terrible time with the rape situation against their women .
I mean what the heck is going on there !

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Another racist thread...dang..do you stormfront idiots never get tired of trying to invade ATS.

You point out all the minority crimes and conveniently leave out all the white crime....typical racist BS.
edit on 30-3-2013 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN
People like you are scared to look at social issues . You all cry racist or Jewist if its that cause . No matter what is being looked at concerning behaviour , you all have a name calling session for it .
Try just being open to looking at underlying conditions.
Its not going to dissappear , just because you called outa school yard name

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

The real reason people hate outsiders is biological, an ancient instinctual response.

Dont be so quick to judge. What if there is some minority that does not have these issues associated with them (whether real or percieved), is the reaction still negative? For example east Asians. I cannot speak for the UK, but over here they are viewed mostly positively, even as a role model for native Slovaks, despite being immigrants.

I dont think the reason is biological, I think it is mostly rooted in whether the immigrants are percieved as good for native society or not. And if they are not, then the backshlash is not only to be expected, it even makes sense.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
404 this stupid thread.

Dont mean to sound rude
If you dont like, dont read it.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Why is it considered racist not to want to live next to people who go through our rubbish on a daily basis trying to steal information so they can commit identity theft! They don't even have the common decency to put the stuff they don't want back in the bin. They prostitute their own children up closes. They roam the streets at all hours and times in groups 30-40 strong and vandalise and urinate wherever they please!

I'm 37 years old and in my experience normal White, Muslim, Indian, or Afro Caribbean people just don't do these things. The refugees being dumped into our communities by our government these days do!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

Well maybe I call racist because people like the OP...attempt to make it look like immigrants are the cause of violent crime.

When the fact is...all races are responsible for crime. Where is the white crime stats and why do they not matter?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Double post, my bad!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Buddy you come to Sunny Govanhill, Glasgow and I guarantee any violent crime that is committed against your person will be by a large group of refugees! Why i'm I so sure of this, because after 6pm(When it gets dark) they are the only people out on the streets! That's how bad its getting! I crap you not!

The Police wont even go near them unless they have an interpreter in the car(Silver Police car as opposed to the normal white) with them because they play the race card and Police brutality. Do you think 30-40 white yobs would be ignored so blatantly?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Ohh Double darn ! So your saying that refugees now rule the tough streets of Glasgo . I mean really thats so unfair . I think that the native population should have that preferance first and any others should seek permission from the locals.
Australia is now being flooded by refugee. I hope we are not going to have increased crime like rape , but I fear that we will. Its the women who will suffer most ,

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

It's funny how they try to mask their obvious racist feelings as a conspiracy about social issues. There is no conspiracy in this. It's an obvious attempt to demonize minorities and to instill fear in the minds of the reader.

Go back to Stormfront please

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anusuia

Ohh Double darn ! So your saying that refugees now rule the tough streets of Glasgo . I mean really thats so unfair . I think that the native population should have that preferance first and any others should seek permission from the locals.
Australia is now being flooded by refugee. I hope we are not going to have increased crime like rape , but I fear that we will. Its the women who will suffer most ,

Im saying refugees now rule the streets of Govanhill, Glasgow(By the way you missed a w in Glasgow) and a lot of other areas, and that's the truth of it i'm afraid! I challenge anyone to prove otherwise! Glasgow is a big place, im not saying they run the show but refugees are destroying local White, Muslim and Indian communities in this once fair city!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Im an immigrant and a minority (White guy living in Asia) I can assure you expats like myself are very little trouble to the locals and apart from a small handful of drug dealing backpackers there arent too many of us in the jail system here.

Being a minority has nothing to do with anything, its the culture.

The immigrants the OP is talking about grow up with no respect for their chosen countries culture and feel a sense of entitlement and privilege and feel they can do whatever they want without repercussion.
Most of them wont even see what their doing as wrong.

As someone pointed out yes the majority of crimes in the UK are still committed by anglos but I doubt very much it would be by the same ratio, guaranteed that the minorities are well over represented in any crime stats as a percentage.

Dont even start with the racist BS with me, calling a spade a spade is called reality

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

What countries are these refugees coming from. ?
Poor Hindus will have a hard time with the unruly mobs. They thought they had escaped that life a couple of generations ago .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join