It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did it go?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Here in lower Manhattan (Tribeca) voting went very smoothly also. I went at around 11am to avoid the crowds and only had to wait in line for about 20 minutes. I was told that early this morning, the lines were out the door and around the corner and that is pretty heavy for this rather small precinct.

The only thing that I observed that was different this year was the chatter on the line. There is a senior citizens community right down the street from the polling place and I guess that the seniors were worried from all the news about potential problems at the polls. It must've scared the daylights out of them because while I was waiting in line, a group of about ten 75 to 90 year old ladies were all showing each other their picture IDs, rumpled birth certificates, faded voter registration cards and assorted other ID's, and all speaking in voices that varied from worried to vigilant, some hoping that they were going to be "allowed" to vote and some saying that they weren't going to let anyone take their vote away from them. BTW, in New York, picture ID is not necessary to vote. We are required to sign-in with a signature that matches the one they have on file that was submitted on the voter registration form. It was kinda sad that these ladies felt this kind of anxiety about something like their right to vote.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I returned to Florida around 1:30pm, went to my polling spot around 3:00pm and was out of there by 3:15pm, there was 1 person infront of me. I was amazed when the guy at the poll told me that they hadn't had any lines with more than a 15 minute wait all day. (there were other sites with long lines and hours of waiting)

The touch screen voting was easy, not complicated at all, I verified my vote twice before submitting it. Overall it was a good experience.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join