It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea doesn't exist

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
part of the issue here is the syntax. The OP was trying to say,  the state of NK was set up via the war, to be a future patsy of sorts and isn't really all that it seems. The isolation, the no access except via government sponsored reports, the comical NK press releases, are a perfect cover for a country that isn't what it seems, as no one of objective neutral measure can verify anything claimed about NK, not even those who live there. What the OP poster was trying to say is the entire country is a living atomic-bomb-city waiting to be blasted for a more elaborate end game. Argue that point, rather then the syntax of "fake" and then using your own interpretation of fake to mean illusion - which is not fake. Fake here was meant to convey the feeling of not a viable, UN included, official country. There is no way ever one who knows all about NK from MSM or even academia will be able to verify the OP notions - that would require a major insider.  

My thoughts exactly. It's strange how many people just assume that the OP means North Korea doesn't exist in the physical sense. I personally believe what the OP says could very well be possible, and it is not the first time that I have heard these notions either. I wouldn't be surprised if North Korea was created by the "TPTB" solely as a puppet nation for war and propaganda, their own little scapegoat. 

I have read many accounts of people leaving the clean, well kept 'showcase' mainstreets and wandering into the 'real' North Korea, which is mainly run down buildings and desolate streets. Anyone visitor who leaves these few 'showcase' mainstreets or the few hotels where foreigners are allowed, can be detained by the police.

Here is a link to a recent article regarding an account of people wandering 'off path',
CBS News

(AP) PYONGYANG, North Korea - The press bus took a wrong turn Thursday. And suddenly, everything changed in the official showcase of North Korean achievement.

A cloud of brown dust swirled down deeply potholed streets, past concrete apartment buildings crumbling at the edges. Old people trudged along the sidewalk, some with handmade backpacks crafted from canvas bags. Two men in wheelchairs waited at a bus stop. There were stores with no lights, and side roads so battered they were more dirt than pavement.

So as cameras madly clicked, the drivers of the three buses quickly backed up in the narrow streets and headed back toward the intended destination: a spotlessly clean, brightly-lit, extensively marbled and nearly empty building that preserves digital music recordings and makes DVDs.

In North Korea, it's hard to know what's real. Certainly, you can't go looking for it.

Anyone who leaves the press tour, or who walks from the few hotels where foreigners are allowed, can be detained by the police and even threatened with expulsion.

Most foreign visitors to the 'showcase' areas never encounter a pothole, a traffic jam or a piece of litter larger than a cigarette butt. Everyone moves around these town centers almost robotically, like they were trained or acting. Some people even say it just looks like a 'nuke town', almost like a set with real actors instead of dummies. The mass propaganda can only be found in these  'showcase' areas as well.

Here's example of everyday behavior in the showcase areas,

They normally see only the clean streets outside their bus windows, and the showcase buildings -- the Victorious Fatherland Liberation War Museum, the palace commemorating the Kims' "juche" philosophy of self-reliance, the computer labs at Kim Il Sung University -- filled with people that the minders insist are everyday North Koreans.

The students in the classrooms don't glance up as dozens of reporters rumble in, and the professor's lecture continues without pause. The young people in the university pool careen down the plastic slide, in front of TV cameras, as if they are completely alone.

Perhaps they are real students. But look straight into the eyes of these people, and their pupils dance around you like you're not there, as if they've been trained to pretend you are not. Only the official guides, always beautiful women in flowing polyester gowns in ice-cream colors, will talk readily.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some truth in what the OP says. I have always felt that there is something off about North Korea.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

If the OP is in High School now, we could accept his/her not going thru this NK crap for 50 yrs...we shouldve been telling him/her....we learned this already a long time ago....

You: Or 90% of readers of this thread didn't get what the OP saying.
*( we got it....thats why the replies reflected it)

You: "He said the country was created as an illusion, a puppet state for future conflict".
*( we knew that in the 50's then the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's Millenium and the 2010 decade now...)

You: "OP could have elaborated or put more thought in articulating his point but was clear enough for me see the point they were trying to make."
*(Apparently many at ATS dont agree...the point is what we already historically knew...he obviously thought it was a new and original thought-idea-realization we should all try to understand...but its a moot interpretation thats come way out and irrelevant...as well as way off what he meant)

.*(with all the others in disagreement with the OP's premise...we know it, knew it and learned it in school...as all of the replies reflect.... and North and South Vietnam...ARE BASICALLY just...VIETNAM...and AMERICA is still NORTH, CENTRAL and SOUTH AMERICA...so...with other ATS'rs chiming in agreement...whatever he was trying to say...it didnt come out that way)

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: grammar-spelling

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: more of the same

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Also...This is a good place to have placed this thread...

*Definition of "Speculative" (and not even using "HIGHLY")

*Definition:
1. Forming a conclusion without considering facts or without having the complete information.
2. Speculative refers to guessing at the truth without much regard to factual evidence.

*Synonyms: theoretical, hypothetical, unrealistic, questionable, farfetched, dubious, risky

So...at least according to the definition...this thread is placed in the right spot...
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: correction

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

*Definition:
1. Forming a conclusion without considering facts or without having the complete information.
2. Speculative refers to guessing at the truth without much regard to factual evidence.

You see this is the problem I have with the Skunk Works anyone can post absolutely anything this want and there is no need to worry about the facts. The ethos of this site is to “deny ignorance”, how can we expect to deny ignorance if we deny the facts. The fact is that North Korea exists as a dangerous state and as recent events have shown its leaders have no qualms about making threats to the rest of the world. There is no evidence to support any claim that North Korea exists only as a puppet of the Illuminati or Santa Clause

Yet here we have a member who has recently joined our community and for his/her first thread has chosen to write some dribble about North Korea being some kind of puppet and Obama being and the NWO being the evil puppet master. This is a member who none of us know really for all we know this is a bored 14 year old enjoying the Easter break and has provided zero evidence to corroborate these claims. But that’s ok because this is the “Skunk works” where you can say the Earth is flat and oranges are blue and so long as you put a nice story about high up government officials telling you it is so and remembering to mention the omnipotent NWO then, eureka! You have the attention of ATS who despite having a big banner at the top of the page saying “DENY IGNORANCE” you can write whatever croc you want because in paradox to that statement so long as you’re in the skunk works you can ignore the facts. What’s really sad is that there are loads of members on ATS willing to feed this shocking behaviour and take the skunk works as “fact” or at the very least regard it as a real possibility.

It is appalling that ATS should give so much attention to a thread that is speculative because speculation is not fact it is the opposite. Some people on ATS really need to learn how to deny ignorance.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Thanks OtherSide...I know exactly what the OP was trying to say....and I agree with you about possibly being a 14 year old on spring break...sometimes...Im sure with you as well...we can just tell make the title or first few lines.

Its the internet thing. Anyone can ask or say anything, anytime, anywhere about any topic...because they just "want to"...and damn the facts of it maybe being outdated, over-threaded, confusing put (as the OP )...and STILL.

I get what he was trying to say....but they went about it wrong...out of context, mislabeled, without research, forethought. etc...and that all leads to a bad thread...and that can be disappointing.

Just look at all the INTRODUCTIONS threads...that ARENT...INTRODUCTIONS...because someone was too excited to post...without following the Forum Rules T's & C's

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This thread does not exist.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenpachi7
Obama is one of the most hated men in America, of course he would want to finally go through with this decade old plan to gain support, it the exact kind of thing a Nazi like him would do when the people are angry with him.

I respectfully disagree with you there. He doesn't need to destroy NK or a fictitious NK as you say...

I mean dude, he was the president that finally caught and disposed of Osama Bin Laden!!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I set out to prove the Op wrong by going to Google Maps with the Google Earth plugin and examine the North Korea capital city of Pyongyang ( or you can just use Google Earth itself)

I found something odd.

There are almost no cars on the road..In a city with 3.5 million people. The whole place looks like a ghost town. In contrast South Korea;s Seoul has tons of cars on the road.

Can anyone explain this?

I still don't think N. Korea was invented but this is really strange.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl12
Well before you all eviscerate the OP, you might want to look at this.

For those who can't view videos at the moment

Professor Michio Kaku discusses the secret military projects that the United States had planned during the 1950's, such as US President Eisenhower's OPLAN 852 to drop the atomic bomb on North Korea and President Nixon's Atomic Anex which had plans to use Thermonuclear weapons on the the China-Korean Border to end the Vietnam War. Michio Kaku almost discusses the social perception of warfare and peace.

Now I'm not saying that the OP is 100% correct but don't any of you find it odd that Eisenhower and Nixon wanted to use nuclear bombs to destroy North Korea. Now add to the fact the current situations with North Korea as we speak. Also Hollywood and there propaganda twist against NK, with movies such as Olympus Has Fallen and Red Dawn, in which North Korea literally attacks the United States. This from a country that hardly has lights on in there cities and towns
Beware of the rinse, wash and repeat tactics of the US government and/or her handlers, because one day they might just drop nuclear bombs on NK and fulfill what Eisenhower and Nixon couldn't

yes, we are being and have been primed for this 'trouble' for a long while now.
north korea..nuclear bomb....north korea.. nuclear bomb..

now it seems to me that if nuclear bombs don't exist,
nuke hoax.
nuke-lies forums.
then north korea not existing (as represented to us) is no great stretch.

it is all theatre, and the scripts are longsince prepared. we are the unwitting audience, whose
suspended disbelief lend veracity to the actors paraded before us.

there are two different realities. the fake one most of us occupy, and the real one occupied
by the movers and shakers and connected of this world.
there is very little connection between both realities.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I set out to prove the Op wrong by going to Google Maps with the Google Earth plugin and examine the North Korea capital city of Pyongyang ( or you can just use Google Earth itself)

I found something odd.

There are almost no cars on the road..In a city with 3.5 million people. The whole place looks like a ghost town. In contrast South Korea;s Seoul has tons of cars on the road.

Can anyone explain this?

I still don't think N. Korea was invented but this is really strange.

maybe north korea is like a set from the truman show, and we, the viewing public, are truman.
actors and sceneries spring into life for us in the areas our attentions are focused upon.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kenpachi7

I could certainly see the current joker using the situation to manipulate people, but claiming the country doesn't exist is too much. My husband sent time in South Korea, in intel, and believe be, there is a real North Korea.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This argument is funny. Wait till 2018.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
North / South Korea do not exist. There's only one anti-colonialist Korea of the korean people!

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlchemicalParadox
This argument is funny. Wait till 2018.

Wow...You couldn't be farther from the truth.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kenpachi7

North Korea doesn't exist

I guess Dennis Rodman didn't get the memo.

Psyop?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Bush Snr and the Reverend Moon are two main characters in this Robert Ludlum novel of the faux Christian far right apocalypse.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Or..North Korea really does exist, as a prison colony.

Stuff that makes you go ... hmmmm

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kenpachi7
Obama is one of the most hated men in America,

How could Obama be one of the most hated men in American, when he won 2 terms, and had the most crowds present at his inauguration of any president? Even Trump, is not that hated, and he got nobody to come to his inauguration. Who writes these things?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Oh, it exists alright...
There is a twinky eating lunatic who lives there that would like to hard-boil all our eggs while they are still in the refrigerator.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There will be no attack against North Korea despite the EU's constant provocations.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join