British Hackers Attack Falklands War game

page: 5
1
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 




posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by walliswallis
 


And a trade embargo without sanction by the UN is an act of war against that sovereign nation, which the UN is dity bound to intervene with thus guaranteeing the sovereignty. At this stage it becomes less about British Interest but the right of the islander for self-determination, which has been decided already.

Case closed.


I believe you're mistaken. A blockade is an act of war. Nations have the right to embargo whomever they like. Malvinas as the second smallest nation in the world (after the Vatican) is untenable. That's why I would wholeheartedly support a move for independence and I am happy the UN, acting through the Decolonization Committee, has declared all referendums that do not present a two option solution - independence or political integration - are invalid.

Big countries like the U.S. or Russia or China can hold out when the opinion of the world is arrayed against them. Little countries like England or Belgium or Australia do not have the same luxury. What will happen is inevitable. In less than 100 years the territory of Britain has shrank from 1/4 of the globe to a tiny island run by Belgium. It's really all just a waiting game for Argentina at this point; treading water. I wouldn't be surprised if - outside the nationalist aplomb on both sides - backroom negotiations for a transfer aren't already occurring. (It was a decade before we learned Blair had secretly offered to throw Gibraltar under the bus to Spain, after all.)



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by viaemail
 


Mate, that is totally uncalled for, there is joking around, then there is going too far.

You're new here, familiarise yourself with the T&C, unless you just registered to post that comment, in which case, shame on you.

The RoI is a lovely country with nice people (with the odd exception, like most countries), and it certainly isn't a third world country just because it suffered the credit crunch a little worse than others.



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by walliswallis

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by walliswallis
 


And a trade embargo without sanction by the UN is an act of war against that sovereign nation, which the UN is dity bound to intervene with thus guaranteeing the sovereignty. At this stage it becomes less about British Interest but the right of the islander for self-determination, which has been decided already.

Case closed.


I believe you're mistaken. A blockade is an act of war. Nations have the right to embargo whomever they like. Malvinas as the second smallest nation in the world (after the Vatican) is untenable. That's why I would wholeheartedly support a move for independence and I am happy the UN, acting through the Decolonization Committee, has declared all referendums that do not present a two option solution - independence or political integration - are invalid.

Big countries like the U.S. or Russia or China can hold out when the opinion of the world is arrayed against them. Little countries like England or Belgium or Australia do not have the same luxury. What will happen is inevitable. In less than 100 years the territory of Britain has shrank from 1/4 of the globe to a tiny island run by Belgium. It's really all just a waiting game for Argentina at this point; treading water. I wouldn't be surprised if - outside the nationalist aplomb on both sides - backroom negotiations for a transfer aren't already occurring. (It was a decade before we learned Blair had secretly offered to throw Gibraltar under the bus to Spain, after all.)


Thankfully, the Argentinians have access to the internet, and can see the results of a nuclear attack. I think they know not to attack our Falkland islands.



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by viaemail

Originally posted by walliswallis

ADMIRAL SIR SANDY WOODWARD:

"British military forces would be unable to retake the Falkland Islands were Argentina to invade"

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk... iers_n_1239939.html

GEN. SIR MICHAEL JACKSON

"The truth is we couldn't defend anything further than the other side of the Channel at this point."

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 30-3-2013 by walliswallis because: corrected external links





All the defense we ever need.


The U.S. will not allow Britain to detonate a nuclear weapon in their hemisphere. And the UK does not have independent nuclear control as The Independent broke in a story several years ago. They even exposed that the publicity shots of missiles painted with "Royal Navy" were photographed at the US Navy depot in Georgia for press packets.


Given the complexities of the US designed electronics and computer programmes embedded in every aspect of the Trident system it seems unlikely that a British prime minister could launch them – unless the US President gives his own authorisation.

www.theweek.co.uk...



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by viaemail
didn't stop the micks did it


pretty much says it all about the pro-Brit control of Malvinas crowd; fairly typical, honestly, from the UK side in these kind of discussions

(I'm not Irish so I'm not offended on that point; I'm just offended as a human being. But not surprised.)



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by viaemail

Originally posted by walliswallis

Originally posted by viaemail

Originally posted by walliswallis

ADMIRAL SIR SANDY WOODWARD:

"British military forces would be unable to retake the Falkland Islands were Argentina to invade"

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk... iers_n_1239939.html

GEN. SIR MICHAEL JACKSON

"The truth is we couldn't defend anything further than the other side of the Channel at this point."

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 30-3-2013 by walliswallis because: corrected external links





All the defense we ever need.


The U.S. will not allow Britain to detonate a nuclear weapon in their hemisphere. And the UK does not have independent nuclear control as The Independent broke in a story several years ago. They even exposed that the publicity shots of missiles painted with "Royal Navy" were photographed at the US Navy depot in Georgia for press packets.


Given the complexities of the US designed electronics and computer programmes embedded in every aspect of the Trident system it seems unlikely that a British prime minister could launch them – unless the US President gives his own authorisation.

www.theweek.co.uk...


You seem to think that would stop us?


If you can't launch your nukes what's your plan? Carry them to the front door, knock and then run around the corner?



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by viaemail
 


You're taking this too far, you are willing to open up an entire new argument simply to justify your own selfish means? There were unjustified attacks from both the Irish AND the English. Your ignorance is astounding. The Irish are our friends and will remain so for the foreseeable future, we are of the same blood despite the numerous invasions of England our gene pool remains around 70% Celtic.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Wulfric because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by walliswallis

Originally posted by viaemail
didn't stop the micks did it


pretty much says it all about the pro-Brit control of Malvinas crowd; fairly typical, honestly, from the UK side in these kind of discussions

(I'm not Irish so I'm not offended on that point; I'm just offended as a human being. But not surprised.)


There is no "crowd", the Islands are ours, they have been throughout history, and will be for the rest of time. Any nation that wishes to try and change that should recieve a Hiroshima breakfast.



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by viaemail
 


Can you stop posting in this thread please you are giving us all a bad name.



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by viaemail
 


You can't blame an entire country for the actions of a few.

And as one of the few Brits on ATS who respects Queen and country, your traitorous comment is laughable at best.

Having a sense of decency and respect is not traitorous.

Being a small minded, bigoted numpty however is never cool.



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wulfric
reply to post by viaemail
 


You're taking this too far, you are willing to open up an entire new argument simply to justify your own selfish means? There were unjustified attacks from both the Irish AND the English. Your ignorance is astounding. The Irish are our friends and will remain so for the foreseeable future, we are of the same blood despite the numerous invasions of England our gene pool remains around 70% Celtic.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Wulfric because: (no reason given)


I think you'll find the Irish are our property until they pay back the Billions we LOANED to them.



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by walliswallis
 


You may be right on the embargo / blockade point.However I disagree that a trade embargo by Argentina to an independent (crown protectorate) Falklands with oil reserves would have much of an impact without the type of blockade of transport links, such as Lan Chile flights from Santiago (who incidentally do NOT support the Argentine position) that are currently being enforced by the De Kirchner regime.

Therefore it is logical that any action of embargo in order to be effective upon the Falklands by Argentina would have to be supported with physical action, whether commercially or militarily. in the mean time, BP and Shell (a dutch company) would continue to buy the rights to drill. And Argentina would still have no access to the resources despite having already rejected a 50/50 joint venture.

In this case, the UK can continue in decline and it won't affect the Falklands one bit. While the rest of us in Mexico, are posed to overtake Brazil as the regional economic powerhouse. So we can open trade links with thw Falklands, and the Argies won't have a say without acting illegally.

I do not see how population size makes any countries right to exist any less valid. At least this route they would have international protection from Argentine aggression.



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wulfric
reply to post by viaemail
 


You're taking this too far, you are willing to open up an entire new argument simply to justify your own selfish means? There were unjustified attacks from both the Irish AND the English. Your ignorance is astounding. The Irish are our friends and will remain so for the foreseeable future, we are of the same blood despite the numerous invasions of England our gene pool remains around 70% Celtic.


you're wasting your breath; this kind of vitriol and hatred is basically at the heart of the "Falklands are British" argument

it's like people who say "I don't support the KKK - I just don't want blacks in my child's classroom" ... you're just two stones removed

unfortunately, many Britons don't realize the kind of hatemongering and extremism they're singing onto when they join the nationalist chest-thumpers/crypto-BNPers who control the British side of the discussion - this is kind of why the whole world (except France) has aligned against the UK on this ... it's just too ugly of an argument the UK presents, for their all-white South Atlantic volkstaat



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by viaemail

Originally posted by walliswallis

Originally posted by viaemail
didn't stop the micks did it


pretty much says it all about the pro-Brit control of Malvinas crowd; fairly typical, honestly, from the UK side in these kind of discussions

(I'm not Irish so I'm not offended on that point; I'm just offended as a human being. But not surprised.)


There is no "crowd", the Islands are ours, they have been throughout history, and will be for the rest of time. Any nation that wishes to try and change that should recieve a Hiroshima breakfast.


Again, how would you deliver your "Hiroshima breakfast?" As has been reported extensively in the media (see my link above - I can provide half a dozen more if you like) you have no nuclear launch capability without US authorization.



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk


You can't blame an entire country for the actions of a few.


Yes, I can. And I do. Regularly


Originally posted by woogleuk
And as one of the few Brits on ATS who respects Queen and country, your traitorous comment is laughable at best.


Clearly this is not the case. Anybody who engages in debates with foreigners about our territory is a traitor.


Originally posted by woogleuk
Having a sense of decency and respect is not traitorous.


Do you remember the last time we did that? The last time we dealt with states such as Argentina, Poland got invaded.


Originally posted by woogleuk
Being a small minded, bigoted numpty however is never cool.


Tough luck.



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by walliswallis

Originally posted by Wulfric
reply to post by viaemail
 


You're taking this too far, you are willing to open up an entire new argument simply to justify your own selfish means? There were unjustified attacks from both the Irish AND the English. Your ignorance is astounding. The Irish are our friends and will remain so for the foreseeable future, we are of the same blood despite the numerous invasions of England our gene pool remains around 70% Celtic.


you're wasting your breath; this kind of vitriol and hatred is basically at the heart of the "Falklands are British" argument

it's like people who say "I don't support the KKK - I just don't want blacks in my child's classroom" ... you're just two stones removed

unfortunately, many Britons don't realize the kind of hatemongering and extremism they're singing onto when they join the nationalist chest-thumpers/crypto-BNPers who control the British side of the discussion - this is kind of why the whole world (except France) has aligned against the UK on this ... it's just too ugly of an argument the UK presents, for their all-white South Atlantic volkstaat


Don't lump the pro-British falklands argument into the same lot as him please, you are just as bad as him if you group an entire side of people based on the actions of the few.



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by walliswallis

Originally posted by viaemail

Originally posted by walliswallis

Originally posted by viaemail
didn't stop the micks did it


pretty much says it all about the pro-Brit control of Malvinas crowd; fairly typical, honestly, from the UK side in these kind of discussions

(I'm not Irish so I'm not offended on that point; I'm just offended as a human being. But not surprised.)


There is no "crowd", the Islands are ours, they have been throughout history, and will be for the rest of time. Any nation that wishes to try and change that should recieve a Hiroshima breakfast.


Again, how would you deliver your "Hiroshima breakfast?" As has been reported extensively in the media (see my link above - I can provide half a dozen more if you like) you have no nuclear launch capability without US authorization.


We do exactly as we please. If the US refuses to cooperate, then we blackmail them.
edit on 30-3-2013 by viaemail because: (no reason given)





new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join