It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Hackers Attack Falklands War game

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

British Hackers Attack Falklands War game

uk.news.yahoo.com

UK hackers have attacked an Argentine online video game recreating scenes from the Falklands War and allowing players to shoot British "terrorists".
Argentine company Dattatec.com this week launched a "map" for popular online first person shooter game Counter Strike pitting Aattack was 5 Gbps in strength - the equivalent of 5,000 PCs connecting to the sites at the same time every second - but our technical team was able to block it effectively.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.news.com.au

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
How can an Argentinian software company be allowed publish this game on the internet. It's a complete and utter lack of respect for the servicemen who died there.
If this was about face and it was a British firm launching this game, in less than 24 hours Argentinas president would be on her knees in front of the pope asking for divine retribution on behalf of Argentina against the British "pirates".

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-3-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
This is fairly typical British bellicose reactionary colonial warmongering to the just desires of the Argentine people to see the reintegration of the Malvinas islands into the national territory.

edit on 30-3-2013 by walliswallis because: a portion of my post was unnecessarily provocative and I have self-censored it

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
So, it's okay for video game developers to make games depicting western forces blowing the crap out of their many enemies from countless campaigns, but Argentina's developers should be criticised for using their most famous conflict in a game scenario?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Seems like they didn't make a game they just made a map for Counter-Strike.

Just like there was a map of the bin laden killing.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
ADMIRAL SIR SANDY WOODWARD:

"British military forces would be unable to retake the Falkland Islands were Argentina to invade"

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk... iers_n_1239939.html

GEN. SIR MICHAEL JACKSON

"The truth is we couldn't defend anything further than the other side of the Channel at this point."

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 30-3-2013 by walliswallis because: corrected external links

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by walliswallis

I suggest you move to Argentina, and see how much you like it. be sure to send us a post card from the land of the embattled, impotent and crippled governmental bureaucracy and disillusionment that De Kirchner has inflicted on the Argentine. So much so that any one now going out of the country is only allowed to APPLY to withdraw $100 to take with them. FACT.

This is a bankrupt nation, with questionable motives. Don;t believe it, come to Latin America and we'll show you.

While you at it, why don't you support La Raza, in our struggle to evict the usurpers from the northern Mexican states of California, Taxas, Nuevo Mexico, Arizona y Nevada????

You don't have the slightest idea do you?
edit on 30/3/2013 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

I suggest you move to Argentina, and see how much you like it. be sure to send us a post card from the land of the embattled, impotent and crippled governmental bureaucracy and disillusionment that De Kirchner has inflicted on the Argentine. So much so that any one now going out of the country is only allowed to APPLY to withdraw $100 to take with them. FACT.

This is a bankrupt nation, with questionable motives. Don;t believe it, come to Latin America and we'll show you.

While you at it, why don't you support La Raza, in our struggle to evict the usurpers from the northern Mexican states of California, Taxas, Nuevo Mexico, Arizona y Nevada????

You don't have the slightest idea do you?

spent 8 months in B.A. in 2009, loved it

all economic issues are the responsibility of the Empire and can be resolved after the kelpers are evacuated and Argentina can begin auctioning oil franchises to Isles Malvinas

edit on 30-3-2013 by walliswallis because: spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Doesn't the opinion of the people living on that island come into account at all??

99.8% of the people voted to STAY British, you would just happily forget that and hand them over to a country that they don't want any part off?

How would you like it if England once again claimed Ireland as theirs? You are very close to England, so it doesn't matter what the Irish think.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I see you support the Spanish conquistadors using colonialist aggression taking over the falklands? Send all of the Argies back to Spain, and then -maybe- we can talk. But then again I doubt anything would happen because after all there was no indigenous population of the Falklands to replace when the British got there.

Edit: Furthermore, Argentina didn't exist as a country when Britain arrived.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Wulfric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks

Doesn't the opinion of the people living on that island come into account at all??

nope - the opinion of props don't matter

If China dropped 10 people on one of the uninhabited Hebrides, and then organized an election, and all 10 people voted that island to China, you think Britain would be like "well, okay."

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I bet you fit right in with your disdain for the democratic process.
I couldn't care less about the Falklands as territory, but the fact that the people who live there have voiced their wish to stay British means that they deserve the protection of our country's armed forces.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
the fact that the people who live there have voiced their wish to stay British means that they deserve the protection of our country's armed forces.

LOL, too late for that, then.

Royal Navy, 1982: 78 surface ships
Royal Navy, 2013: 17 surface ships

ADMIRAL SIR SANDY WOODWARD: "British military forces would be unable to retake the "Falkland Islands" were Argentina to invade"

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Last July a group of roudy chavs captured the city of Birmingham from the UK during Britain's annual summer riots. I'm sure Argentina would have no problem sending the kelpers packing back to the EU North Sea Province.

This ain't your da's Empire.

edit on 30-3-2013 by walliswallis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

"Reintegration" suggests it was once Argentinian. It was not.

The people living on the Falkland Islands do not want to be Argentinian. They want to be UK citizens.
It is Argentina that wishes to make a colony of them.

The only reason that Argentina wants the Islands is for the oil. It wasnt until the oil was discovered that they made a claim.

They took first blood in an act of conquest, and got their ass handed to them. They are lucky they didnt have their mainland invaded to disarm them completely.

P.S,
The only Irish that support this are those that live in NY or elsewhere, not living in Ireland or that never have. Irish descendants that think they are being true to their culture they never knew. They think that defy everything English somehow makes them MORE Irish. They have a bigger problem with the UK than people living IN Ireland.

edit on 30-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman

The people living on the Falkland Islands do not want to be Argentinian. They want to be UK citizens.

Fantastic. They can all go to Carlisle and be UK citizens there.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This is how I would do it:

PHASE 1:
Fire a volley of Argentina's new PCX missiles at Mount Pleasant, destroying the airfield and grounding the four (4) Eurofighters. If the Eurofighters are already in the air, just take a walk around the block until they run out of fuel and start dropping out of the sky with nowhere to land.

PHASE 2:
Land 3 batteries of 155mm arty in the undefended west Malvinas.

PHASE 3:
Send a chartered cruise ship under Brazilian Red Cross markings to Stanley. Telephone Stanley and inform them they have 4 hours for every last person to get aboard the ship.

PHASE 4:
Begin firing off 100 High-Explosive rounds per hour at Stanley from the arty. Within 10 hours, 1,000 rounds will have dropped on the town - 2 shells for every building.

PHASE 5:
Three weeks later the Royal Navy "fleet" - with no aircraft carriers since they don't have any left - arrives and motors around the islands shaking their fists ... but nothing else since they have no aircraft.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by walliswallis

the fact that the people who live there have voiced their wish to stay British means that they deserve the protection of our country's armed forces.

ADMIRAL SIR SANDY WOODWARD: "British military forces would be unable to retake the "Falkland Islands" were Argentina to invade"

I think you're mistaking the effort required to re take the islands once they've fallen with defending them in the first place.
I'd educate you but you don't want that. You're one of the happily ignorant.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
To Wallis Wallis.....

You fool, you really are making yourself look like an idiot....!

I live in Ireland now and I can safely say you are a Minority view......

I was in Argentina last week and to be honest it is a beautiful place and the vast majority of the people I met are NOT bothered by the Falkland issue.......... In fact most see it as an issue for a failing government who like to try and distract the Argentine population from the real issues facing their country......

WALLISWALLIS = FAIL Educate yourself before making daft comments...

Regards

PDUK

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by walliswallis

I think you're mistaking the effort required to re take the islands once they've fallen with defending them in the first place.
I'd educate you but you don't want that. You're one of the happily ignorant.

Britain can't defend them either.

David Cameron and the Daily Mail have inflated the Type 29s to virtual Borg Cubes that can fight and win a war by itself. It's hilarious the wool they've pulled over the British public eyes. I laugh every time the Daily Mail publishes a new one of their "FOR THE REALM!" articles where they roll around in the Union flag like a pig in sh*@. The propaganda is so sad and transparent but, a desperate people clinging to the last tiny patch of land they have in their once expansive empire, are willing to believe anything.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join