It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superstition.. ... .,magical thinking ocd,law of attraction,curses.. .

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

Life is not a puzzle. Life is art.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Ok,can you point out the flaw in my thinking.. . process?.. .I mean I kinda subscribe to the idea of logic over common sense and common sense says there is no such thing while my.. .logic says it is better to be safe than sorry?.. .

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Just Chill.....

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
WHat meaning does.. . the picture suppose to convey?.. .
edit on 30-3-2013 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You should make some orgonite, you could be quite impressed how life evolves afterwards.

They would say, 'learn to focus on something else'. It shouldn't be something you would like to do, but I would suggest you went buying an assembly kit or something, something you can focus on for a few days, then your mind can wander away from troubles or issues. It's kind of a healthy experience.

And definetly make some orgonite man.

Edit: And make some for the ones you think could use one.

edit on 31-3-2013 by Angle because: additional info

edit on 31-3-2013 by Angle because: spelling

edit on 31-3-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
.. ... ... .Hmmm,any other opinions?.. ... .Especially those with background on magick.. .
edit on 3-4-2013 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2013 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Yes i can.

I think you are either lying or you have not realized that it is impossible to read and type at the same time. The eyes are on the keyboard when typing - and the eyes have to be on the page to read. And you say they are different texts.
Please review your assertion.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

...ever heard of touch typing?
You really have no idea what you're saying , do you...

Pffft...

A99
edit on 3-4-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

You know, I'll just share my experience.

I had these troubles too, but life is taking care of you. It's looking for a place for you to be, where you'll be able to comes to your senses, or to come fully to yourself. You'll probably move. It can be you'll have to do what other people say, and will undergo a change, against your will, but in the end there seems to be not much change after all. At least, the part you didn't want to be changed won't change. And then you'll move house, and will end up somewhere you like.

I think you've seen where you wanted to be, and now the time you'll have to endure to get there is hard and unstable. Untill then.

Things can become very change, you don't need to tell me that, I've been there I could say..

I still don't know what it exactly was that bothered me.

I can kind of explain it like this. One didn't fit his/her habitat anymore, but couldn't move on to the next one either, so one is stuck in between. It was kind of like that to me. I was lost.

And also, people seem to have the most wicked intentions, although that's what you sense about them, you just don't like them, and they act towards you just the opposite way. So your world of senses contradicts the world. It's like being a misfit.

I hope you see what I mean, and can say like, hey, yeah, that's like it. Well, you'll just end up living..

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Yes i can.

I think you are either lying or you have not realized that it is impossible to read and type at the same time. The eyes are on the keyboard when typing - and the eyes have to be on the page to read. And you say they are different texts.
Please review your assertion.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

...ever heard of touch typing?
You really have no idea what you're saying , do you...

Pffft...

A99
edit on 3-4-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

Thank you A99 for your enlightening post.
Yes, I have heard of touch typing. When touch typing - one types looking at the screen or at the page one is copying from or one could stare into space if one is hearing the words that are to be typed -what is being typed is 'not different' from what is being read or heard.
Can you read a book and write a 'different' story at the same time??
Maybe it is you who does not understand - I did say 'And you say they are different texts.' - maybe you missed that bit?

Pffft...
edit on 4-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Angle,I guess what you said somewhat applies to me,but how do you know?.. .

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I'm sorry,

I myself have been having difficulties, I thought it was magic, I think it was just me wanting to go my own road, and I pursue 'the higher road' or whatever, I just want the best out of life.

I think I needed time for myself first, and then reunite with the people I know again.

There may be a special destination for me, for you. I only mentioned my experience (I'm 30 now) for you, if you kind of endure the same things, it cannot, at least I hope, cause I don't know for sure, cause I had really hard times to endure, it cannot destroy you, but it really puts one to the test.

I think it wasn't me who made the circumstances change. I could not do anything to make things better or I don't know what, untill it just became better out of itself.

What I think now, which I should say to you, is that the more you suffer because of it, the more the change will be that will come into your life. That's just what I think now. The more chaotic or whatever, the better the outcome will be. But life will remain life. You won't be heavenlike or superior it extreme ways or how should I call it. But it will be good, like when you felt good when you were a child (if you at least were gifted with such experiences). But everyone does. So

So..

In the bad period, it was like everyboy was denying myself and I was completely not there with people. I had zero influence anymore. Nobody listened to me anymore, to all I had to and needed to say, which was really of importance. It was just really strange man, but now it somehow becomes the past, this, this, oew, this trouble/suffering which was in fact not usefull, still. I have mixed feelings for the situation I was in. There were like three realities.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
.. ... .Oh I see,nothing to apologize about I am just curious how.. .you partially predicted what happened to me from a certain point of view,I mean i am not.. ... ... .exactly having a hard time well.. . it depends what is the level.. .for hard but I was adapting poorly and feeling like a misfit.. .
edit on 4-4-2013 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2013 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Is it better now? Is your life quite alright, except for Korea wanting to bomb the U.S.A.?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
DP
edit on 4-4-2013 by akushla99 because: DP

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

"I think you are either lying or you have not realized that it is impossible to read and type at the same time. The eyes are on the keyboard when typing - and the eyes have to be on the page to read. And you say they are different texts. Please review your assertion" quote

Reread what you 'asserted'...
Obviously a ridiculous claim...the 'different texts' addendum cannot, and does not remove the ridiculousness of the claim...
The multitasking ability of attention is another matter altogether.

A99
edit on 4-4-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Can you be reading the story of 'Cinderella' and be typing 'Pinocchio' at the same time?
Please note that I was in conversation with someone who said that when they were 'replying to me', they said they were 'reading another page'. I stated that when (in the act of typing) 'replying to me' - he was actually 'typing the post replying to me'.

Obviously a ridiculous claim...the 'different texts' addendum cannot, and does not remove the ridiculousness of the claim...

Multi tasking can be done. However - if I look at the floor - I cannot see the ceiling at the same time. If I listen to a movie on the tv - I cannot listen to a loved one at the same time - the tv has to go off for the attention to be focused on my loved one, or I will have to tell my loved one to stop talking because they are ruining the movie!
I don't know why you are so concerned with making me wrong. I suppose it is just your way.
Thanks A99 for your time.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Can you be reading the story of 'Cinderella' and be typing 'Pinocchio' at the same time?
Please note that I was in conversation with someone who said that when they were 'replying to me', they said they were 'reading another page'. I stated that when (in the act of typing) 'replying to me' - he was actually 'typing the post replying to me'.

Multi tasking can be done. However - if I look at the floor - I cannot see the ceiling at the same time. If I listen to a movie on the tv - I cannot listen to a loved one at the same time - the tv has to go off for the attention to be focused on my loved one, or I will have to tell my loved one to stop talking because they are ruining the movie!
I don't know why you are so concerned with making me wrong. I suppose it is just your way.
Thanks A99 for your time.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Firstly, you should be flattered to a degree...

...but the nature of superstition (part of the OP) is that sometimes patently erroneous notions are peddled...and 'making you wrong' is hardly comparable to an accusation of lying 'because you cannot see the color red'...

Your examples (multitasking aside) are now first-person examples...that you cannot do it, informs your ability to do it...that you cannot do it, does not discount that others can...this says something else altogether...

Focusing and attention are salient...focus being active, but attention being both active and passive (with regards to the senses in particular)...anything that is happening 'presently' can have our attention...focussing actively removes perceived extraneous material...you can appreciate a piece of music without focussing out individual instruments...conducting many conversations at the same time is done...OCD's have focussing overrides...

Thank you for your time

A99

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I am impressed by the way you are obsessively compelled to continue with this accusation after I have explained to you that - if you read the statement 'in context' - it is not ridiculous. It was a discussion between another poster and myself.

The question is - can 'you' read the story of 'Cinderella' and be typing 'Pinocchio' at the same time?

edit on 6-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Well,I am not an american so i wasn't that concerned.. .but well somewhat ok,what would you do in my.. .position?.. ... ... .

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I would listen to the songs of "Hatebreed" and read my threads

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join