It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superstition.. ... .,magical thinking ocd,law of attraction,curses.. .

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I was having obsessive-compulsive tendecy to accidentally thought of would doing something get cursed,don't know if you would understand it but basically is like afraid of manifesting a curse on something?.. ... .Then I am afraid of accidentally manifest curse on certain objects or actions,then I try to think about it and solve it by looking for answers online but then the more I think of it ,the more I am afraid of crossing some hypothetical.. ... .thresholds if they exist.. .

Then I start making rituals which is some random action I assigned a meaning to it or punishments which is doing.. .something unpleasant to like counter any curses or something like that if they exist but then later I sort of get trapped in this web of rules that I get confused what if I broke certain rules is my mind powerful enough to make them true or anything like that.. .Any ideas?.. ... .

And then.. .there might be one point(could be false memory) that I think in my mind I rather be the victim or something.. .along those lines but I can't remember exactly.. .I wonder does that count as wishing?.. .Plus I might have tried to curse law of attraction because I am pissed off by this whole thing one time so can i still just use law of attraction to counter this whole.. . thing if it exists?.. .

And.. .I could have accidentally babble out my.. .intrusive thoughts.. . like Tourette's syndrome ,which I don;t exactly remember what happen.. .whether it really happen or not.. .But.. .it is about curses too.. .

And I was wondering.. .is our mind strong enough to make superstition real I.. .mean like if pass a certain threshold of belief to it I mean for example.. .I heard voodoo works better if the victim is more accustomed to.. .voodoo.. .

Any ideas?Because there does not seem to have any.. .proven method to check whether are there any curses that I know of.. .Thnks.. .

Btw I feel like I keep on seeing certain numbers like 36 and 47.. .And my emphasis on my own logic in figuring out things on my own instead of following the common sense solution of just assuming it is fake is probably the cause of this problem.. .
edit on 30-3-2013 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28

Your oppression is a heavy burden that only the Light of Truth can dispel. Your captivity is in your mind

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

Thoughts are only a problem if you believe them.
Who are you who hears the thoughts? Who is it that is believing the thoughts that arise.
Thoughts just appear and disappear but if you believe them they seem to matter.
Try walking under ladders or doing other things you think will cause bad luck - test it.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Ok so what if I believed in them and now try to unbelieve them?In fact what is threshold that considers.. ... .not to believe?.. .Having some doubt does that count.. .

WhoKnows100,I am not a christian but thanks anyway.. .

.. .

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

You are afraid and you know you are afraid. You make little deals to try to make yourself feel safe - doesn't work though does it?
It just gives fear something to eat. If you keep feeding the fear by trying to hide from it you will never escape fear.
Feel the fear directly instead of making deals with it.
The mind tries to protect you from the fear but it is the mind that produces more of the same.
Go to the body and feel the fear - do not try to cure it with the mind - feel it in the body and it will stop the mind producing more.

edit on 30-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumSeeker
Ok so what if I believed in them and now try to unbelieve them?In fact what is threshold that considers.. ... .not to believe?.. .Having some doubt does that count.. .

Are you safe now?
Is there anything wrong with right now - unless you 'think' about it?
Notice that the mind will say 'I will be ok' - and never checks to see if 'I am ok now'.
Check to see if you are safe 'now' - do it regularly.

Fear happens when you think about being safe in time - but presently there will be no fear if 'next' or 'before' are not in the equation.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Actually making those little deals help,the problem.. . is when I don't remember exactly or what is exact interpretation for it it gets very messy.. .I think I almost ready to go all out to challenge this entire thing,I have it for about a year anyway,the main thing is that I think in my anger I tried to curse law of attraction so does anyone think a law of attraction.. .method would works against it if there are any curses to begin with that is.. .

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
It sounds like you are in a stressful, agitated and confused state. Try to turn off the obsessive thinking and focus on living the moment and relaxing. Don't get caught up in the hype.

The law of attraction, magical thinking and manifesting realities does not work for everyone and you must be in the right frame of mind to visualize positive things for yourself. Personally, I don't believe in spells, voodoo or curses but I do believe that if you stress out too much about something, the stress causes more harm than good.

You will be what you will to be so focus on being positive. Let go of the anxiety.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Trying to think positive is a joke!!
If you can't do it - it makes you feel like a failure.

The best you can do is just watch the thoughts and laugh at them!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The idea of say.....a black cat crossing your path....is simply a metaphor. Cats cross the path but are not always black nor do they look like cats.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I probably.. . won't.. . worry so much if I only thought of bad luck but I thought of things like hell for example and that sort of paralyzes me in a way but lately I am having.. . some success against my ocd.. .I just.. ... .not sure what religion to believe in?.. .And if it.. .is the type for example buddhism ,I don't know would.. .some curse or superstition works this way or not.. .Since your next rebirth is not necessary only depend on your karma in this lifetime,would those thoughts strong.. ... . enough to manipulate karma in a way?I don't know but I think even if it is real,hell in buddhism does not lasts forever.. ... .Basically the intrusive thoughts are trying to take hostages.. ... .and making threats and if I sort of give in then I am not sure if my fear or thoughts about them are going to be strong enough to manifest a link between two events or something like that.. .

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumSeeker
I probably.. . won't.. . worry so much if I only thought of bad luck but I thought of things like hell for example and that sort of paralyzes me in a way but lately I am having.. . some success against my ocd.. .I just.. ... .not sure what religion to believe in?.. .And if it.. .is the type for example buddhism ,I don't know would.. .some curse or superstition works this way or not.. .Since your next rebirth is not necessary only depend on your karma in this lifetime,would those thoughts strong.. ... . enough to manipulate karma in a way?I don't know but I think even if it is real,hell in buddhism does not lasts forever.. ... .Basically the intrusive thoughts are trying to take hostages.. ... .and making threats and if I sort of give in then I am not sure if my fear or thoughts about them are going to be strong enough to manifest a link between two events or something like that.. .

Don't choose a religion.
Don't believe in hell - that is not what is happening.
Try to see what 'is happening' and when thoughts tell stories ask yourself 'is it happening' or am I believing a story about 'what is not happening'.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

If you live in a world of 'what is not happening' then fear will be the result. Have a look around you and see 'what is happening' - nothing much really, but this is boring for the mind so the mind makes stuff up (what is not happening).
The belief in the story of 'what is not happening' is the problem. The story divides you into two and you don't know where you are. Check to see where you are and when you are.

The story of you in time will always divide you in two - when the two become one the kingdom shall be revealed.
You can only be present.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

If we want for things because we are bored then how will not wanting for things unbored us?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

If we want for things because we are bored then how will not wanting for things unbored us?

I don't see how that has anything to do with what I wrote - I never said anything about not wanting 'things'.

The mind is bored by 'what is happening' so makes up stories about 'what is not happening' - any type of horror can be imagined - this causes the fear to continue.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

So how does the mind unbore itself so as not to make up experiences?
edit on 30-3-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

The mind will continue but you can just watch it and laugh.
It is seen as the happening that is happening presently.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I see watch the movie like your in a movie threatre and laugh at all the B grade actors, terrible script and bad story and direction. You know like the movies so bad its funny.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I see watch the movie like your in a movie threatre and laugh at all the B grade actors, terrible script and bad story and direction. You know like the movies so bad its funny.

I have posted this before but it is a great way of seeing it.
You Know It's Just a Movie.
youtu.be...

Please watch the video QuantumSeeker it might help you.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Stop going to the mind for entertainment - look around you.
See and hear what is happening presently and stop living in a pretend scary world of 'what is not happening'.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join