It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea's Billions of dollars in Slush Funds!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
So I was searching ats for any mention of this news, but found nothing.

Basically North Korea has stashed away around $4-5 billion in various banks accounts in
other people's names in Austria, China, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore and Switzerland!
Article:
english.chosun.com...

And an extra article, in the event that Chosun isn't your cup of tea (even though they divulge more information):
www.businessinsider.com...

Considering their nuclear tests have been aided by Iran, it begs the question who else has been helping lil Kim?
Article for Iran assisting NK testing:
www.globalpost.com...

Chosun "Iran paid millions for ring-side seats to NK's test":
english.chosun.com...

Another thing mentioned was this:
"Since high-ranking North Korean officials and state agencies have been banned from engaging in financial transactions overseas, Pyongyang is apparently relying on the Russian mafia to launder money and operate secret slush funds."

Hmm, the Russian mafia? Well, isn't that just great! I guess NK adds some extra services.. They specialize in the drug trade, probably how they got so much spare cash.
Article about NK drug trade:
blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

Chosun link:
english.chosun.com...

So fellow ATSers, what are your thoughts on this?
edit on 30-3-2013 by kathael because: Title

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kathael

Thank you for the links, that information clears a few things up for me.

My only thoughts; I wonder how many PRC DF-31/41 or Russian SS-27/29 road-mobile ICBMs can be purchased with 4-5 billion dollars.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

That's a good question. However, what I find frightening is that they have probably been doing this for a long time, and they made a lot more than just $4-5 billion!! Again, that's just their slush funds!!

Star for you

I also noticed that around the same time as the detected NK earthquake (nuke test) which was at zero depth, that there was also one (and only one) other incident of an earthquake with a depth level of Zero and it occurred in Russian -_-... Didn't see any talk of that anywhere either..
Took a screenshot of it -- gonna have to pull it up. However you can find it if you do a bit of searching. I believe it was at the Ural Mountains.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Considering their nuclear tests have been aided by Iran, it begs the question who else has been helping lil Kim?

honestly its like my head explodes, maybe it could be china helping them.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

It's beginning to look that way, isn't it?
Like I read on another thread, who is NK trying to impress with this saber rattling?
Maybe they really do have backup.. It's not like the US only has one enemy

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Great info thanks, seems like theres more going on behind the curtain. Hopefully ATS wakes up and starts help us connect these dots.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

The way ATS has been lately I feel the logo might as well be "ignorance is bliss"
=(

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kathael

Yeah i dont know whats going on.

I had a top thread a few weeks ago and ATS Live made no mention of it and it was a hot topic with many mods participating. It was based solely on nepotism and the fact that some i post controversial views on issues in the past. Sad to say but true.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Could you link me that thread? I'd love to read it

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I u2u not to distract from your thread because i think its important.

new topics

top topics

join