It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Jar of Mayo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Now i have been spending a lot of time looking at this site and reading threads and topics and over all I am pleased that this sites exist's as it lets me get rid of all that pent up anorak style behavior, behind closed doors. That in turn allows me to walk outside free of burden and dark thoughts about Alien's, NWO, 9/11 conspiracies, wormhole theories, and who shot JR.

It exists because we do the work to keep it open, all of us doing our own little bits and chatting amongst oursleves; testing theories and arguing with others about theirs ...and we keep coming back for more...

But there is one bad thing.....

There is too much bitching/sniping going on, mainly because we are all faceless; we have nothing to fear in the forms of physical retaliation, but words are the mightiest weapon. Dont get personal in your attacks on people .... lets keep things nice...and friendly...and focused...on the topic!

As my token of peace to all those that have bitched at me; and to those that I have bitched back at....

Boondogs Final Thought:

A philosophy professor stood before his class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly he picked up a large empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks, rocks about 2" in diameter. He then asked the students if the jar was full?

They agreed that it was.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the rocks. He then asked the students again if the jar was full.

They agreed it was.

The students laughed. The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else.

"Now," said the professor, "I want you to recognize that this is your life. The rocks are the important things - your family, your partner, your health, your children � things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full."

"The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, your car. The sand is everything else. The small stuff."

"If you put the sand into the jar first, there is no room for the pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you."

"Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your partner out dancing. There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party and fix the disposal."

"Take care of the rocks first - the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

Now then; debunk that if you want!

Regards

Boondog...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Welcome aboard BD. Good post. Check out BTS as well. later.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Many Thanks

I have been on this site for nearly 6-7 months now...but I rarely post! I just read; absorb and move on.....

But thank you neither the less.

Regards

BoonDog

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This is one of the best posts I�ve ever had the pleasure to read.
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boon_Dog
As my token of peace to all those that have bitched at me; and to those that I have bitched back at....

Boondogs Final Thought:

While I agree with the sentiment of your post...

Passing off that story as "boondogs final thought" is misleading to say the least. I have read that story more than once on other sites.

Passing it off as your own and being applauded for it is worse than a bit of bitching...

EDIT: A google search of the phrase "A philosophy professor stood before his class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly he picked up a large empty mayonnaise jar" gives 17500 results.

[edit on 11/2/2004 by Gools]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hello Boon_Dog,

Welcome to ats
enjoy your stay and feel free to
u2u me if you have any questions.

have fun
se7en

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I am sorry if you felt that i was passing those comments off as my own, that was not the intention, I was merely trying to give a little meaning to my freinds here at ATS.

Regards

Boon Dog

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Well, you did ask for someone to debunk it
Welcome aboard, get used to being examined and debunked, it is the nature of the beast.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I like mayo,:w:

LOL welcome and enjoy your stay here at the great ATS!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Welcome and enjoy ATS!

top topics

join