It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So my friend stole my handgun...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Use it as a life lesson. If you carry a firearm in the future you need to have control over it at all times. Don't leave it in your coat. A little 380 will usually fit in a front pocket pretty easy and many handguns have clips attached to them for just that purpose. I would also suggest apologizing to your friend since there is no proof he stole it. Just because he is the only one that knew you had it doesn't mean someone else didn't see it and take it.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If you answered this already, I missed it.
Do you have a valid Concealed Carry Permit >

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
One of the first things you learn for a CCW or even with firearms in general, is that YOU are responsible for the safety of YOUR weapon.

If it was stolen, only one person is to blame, YOU, because you allowed it out of your control. How would you have felt if someone's kid got hold of it, and blew his brains out playing with the found "toy"? Sorry, inexcusable, but take it for the life lesson it is (and an expensive one, no doubt, as handguns aren't cheap). Hard for me to be sympathetic here. I lost an uncle I'll never know because they were playing around with a found firearm as kids. He ended up accidentally shooting himself in the face.

I keep guns, but whenever I have kids over (or even strangers), they are locked up (and pretty hidden away).

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
One of the first things you learn for a CCW or even with firearms in general, is that YOU are responsible for the safety of YOUR weapon.

If it was stolen, only one person is to blame, YOU, because you allowed it out of your control. How would you have felt if someone's kid got hold of it, and blew his brains out playing with the found "toy"? Sorry, inexcusable, but take it for the life lesson it is (and an expensive one, no doubt, as handguns aren't cheap). Hard for me to be sympathetic here. I lost an uncle I'll never know because they were playing around with a found firearm as kids. He ended up accidentally shooting himself in the face.

I keep guns, but whenever I have kids over (or even strangers), they are locked up (and pretty hidden away).

I dont agree that its always the gun owners fault. Doesnt matter how secure you think you're weapon is it is never theft proof. Even our armory vaults arent 100% secure, They are rated by the time it would take to beak into it. So if a military armory vault is rated at 35minutes how secure do you think a consumer gun safe is.

I do agree keeping weapons secured around kids, but I dont have kids nor does most of my friends. You said you lock your weapon when you have a stranger in your home
First I wouldnt allow a stranger in my house I dont care who if they say they are my long lost brother, second if a friend does bring over someone I barley know you better believe I have firearm close by. They wont know I have firearm in the house or see it or have any clue where it is. I have a Covert gun storage clock and book. This is kinda of what they look like

Clock and picture frame. Mine locks/unlocks with a key but for faster access you can keep unlocked and open it by hitting hidden button, same as the book

The book,

edit on 2013/4/1 by ussoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
PSY-OP thread meant to make gun owners look foolish....

how does that work when all of the responsible gun owners came in and lambasted the guy for making himself look foolish?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Some people only read the OP.

Some people use any example to champion their cause.

The OP had no way of knowing he would be lambasted.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
LOL Proof of not to drink alcohol and come on a forum and talk about your prob.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join