It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign-born Presidents?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm not a Schwarzenegger fan by any means but I don't see anything wrong with a foreign-born president. Just because he wasn't born here doesn't mean he would be incapable of leading our country. Say what you want about the man but you can tell he loves this country...a lot more than a lot of American-born citizens I know, including myself.

That said, I would never vote for him in a million years!

[edit on 11/18/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I donno there is a thing called the constitution that you might not heard of, it states no foriegn born people can be president... but then again the site i linked you to above is only facts.. then again you can swing that either way considering AJ states over and over and over again he is not a liberal and or conservitive, he is not republican nor democratic.. so either way you swing this I dont care..

We have a constitution for a reason, and in most cases its for people like this fasist freaks who think they can get over on people, but i see it will work well here...

Americans = sheep...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Foreign-born Presidents?

NO

HELL NO

Did I mention? HELL #ING NO

This country is already owned enough by foreign interests, let alone having one as president.

There is an express reason for that rule being in the Constitution....

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Article 2 Clause 5 of the US Constitution States: No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

This is the part of the constitution we are talking about, maybe some should read it before typing what they think.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Yeah...I read it and I still don't have a problem with it...k?

Chill out guy

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think there not going to change it its been the US policy for 200+ years there not going to change something that drastict would they?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Article 2 Clause 5 of the US Constitution States: No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Which means...(just to clarify for younger members)

1. You must have been born in the United States.
2. If NOT born in the US, you must have been made a citizen before the US Constitution was put into law. So, unless you're a vampire, highlander, or other immortal, no dice....
3. You must be 35 or older.
4. Even if you meet ALL of the above, you must have lived in the US for 14 of those years or more.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by themegaman
I think there not going to change it its been the US policy for 200+ years there not going to change something that drastict would they?

I dont know, they are really trying to push it in Cali from what I hear.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I thought conservatives were all about preserving the Constitution. Well...guess not. Let's just change alter to suit our whims. I have always disagreed with this issue. And what's worse, most of ya'll would change your mind if Arnie was a flaming liberal.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
um...why can't an American Indian become president, weren't his people there first? what's wrong with u whites lol
dont want a black president either huh?
again i say America is the most hypocrytical nation like...ever...no better than the australians, poor Aboriginees...

Stop focusing on Arnold please.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elijio
um...why can't an American Indian become president, weren't his people there first? what's wrong with u whites lol
dont want a black president either huh?
again i say America is the most hypocrytical nation like...ever...no better than the australians, poor Aboriginees...

Stop focusing on Arnold please.

The terminator is on the hit list cause he is the one trying to be president...

and we all know damn well any other country wouldnt even think twice about not letting this happen and you all know it... if he wants to become president then tell him to go back to astria or wherever to be president... we got enough corrupt morons in office as it is, we dont need another one, for that matter a foriegn on.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I cant believe my thread got locked!!!!

www.prisonplanet.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Murundi]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The framers of the constitution put this in for a reason. The reason being a foriegn born citizen may not have their first allegance to the USA. I don't know the answer to my next question, but if provided answer...with facts, maybe I'll reconsider my opinion. But how many other countries have there leader open to foriegn born citizens? If there are any, I;ll bet the number is small!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join