It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Evolutionary Theorists, A Challenge from the Ocean Depths

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I did once recall the first steps from the ocean onto land. I was not alone.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Off topic, but you interest me strangely none the less. Tell us more.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I did once recall the first steps from the ocean onto land. I was not alone.

Oh ya, well depending on what you remember it could of been a step. or it could of been more like a flop onto land, both would be likely true.

But anyways to sort of stay on topic, here a few vids on first on the littler cousins of the big squids, and there camouflage skills, a thing to notice is how these animals are colorblind yet can mimic colors spot on, and second well considering there pray in the sea is most times colorblind and even that they do not see the same object like we do, some even in different light spectrum, well how is it that they know just how to mimic things not only to the eye and point of view to other sea creatures but to humans as well.

And here a vid that may help in answering the question of why giant squids and other critters in the depths of the dark sea are so hard to get a glimpse off, but hey if there big enough you could maybe pick them up on sonar...or maybe not, as humans are not the first to discover that trick.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

if there big enough you could maybe pick them up on sonar...or maybe not, as humans are not the first to discover that trick.

Indeed, that seems to be just how sperm whales, which prey on giant squid, find them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join