It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Order Thursday- Taking Over Election Procedures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Here we go. I am surprised that we missed this yesterday. While we are all focused on North Korea, king Obama is busy stepping around congress again.

Executive Order - Executive Order -- Establishment of the Presidential Commission of Election Administration

President Obama is issuing a new executive order on Thursday aimed at cracking down on election problems — but specifics are still scarce. Read between the lines of the group’s mission statement, and it seems the group will be overseeing state election laws, to at least some degree. Politico reports Mr. Obama’s order creates a new presidential commission on election body, co-chaired by two lawyers, Bob Bauer and Ben Ginsburg. Mr. Bauer served on the campaign of Mr. Obama in 2012; Mr. Ginsberg, on Mitt Romney’s campaign, Politico says. Mr. Obama first announced the creation of this administrative body during his State of the Union speech. But the White House has yet to detail how exactly the commission will act. The terms of the executive order require members to create and present a report directly to Mr. Obama every six months. One of its considerations: How to “shorten lines and promote the efficient conduct of elections,” Politico reports. The commission, in general, has an overall mission to “serve as a best practices guide for state and local election officials to improve voters’ experience at the polls under their existing election laws,” Politico says.
LINK

Of course, the problem here is not the stated intention of this order. Congress could have issued this draft and voted on it. The problem is not intention but intent. It is clear that our commander and chief has intent that is not honest. Lie after lie only leads to one conclusion: Intent is by design and the design we see taking shape is a tyranny. He is a lame duck and the trust of the people has been lost.

edit on 29-3-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The only problems of late were Bush and Obama stealing elections.

So now it's about State elections? Sounds like a path for even more cheating in order to have the right officials in office to serve the Master.

This has been implemented on a global scale so now it's coming home. Don't like who runs things? Kill them or rig the election.

Peace

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think the writing is on the wall.I think you have had you last election. Say hi to Dear Leader.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

They're getting more blatant with their plans by the day. I suspect that their predictive computer models show that we won't revolt--or least not until they have the control grid so tightly screwed down that it will take very little effort to counter us.

On the other hand, some say that their moves are getting ever-more-desperate, not confident. I guess we shall see what we shall see. Shouldn't be long now....

edit on 3/30/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
After the GOP did all they could to keep people (Democrats) from voting in the last election, I'm glad someone is doing something about it. Clearly, some central body should be regulating state's voting laws to ensure that people aren't being discriminated against.

We SHOULD be freely able to vote. Access to to the voting booth should not be blocked or limited. ALL citizens should have free access to vote.

I don't see how this can be seen as a bad thing. I want all eligible people to vote... Don't you?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Want free fair elections?
Get rid of the electronic machines that skew the votes where they want them to go..........simple.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
After the GOP did all they could to keep people (Democrats) from voting in the last election, I'm glad someone is doing something about it. Clearly, some central body should be regulating state's voting laws to ensure that people aren't being discriminated against.

We SHOULD be freely able to vote. Access to to the voting booth should not be blocked or limited. ALL citizens should have free access to vote.

I don't see how this can be seen as a bad thing. I want all eligible people to vote... Don't you?

Stop already with the Democrats good/Republicans bad NONSENSE!! Both parties are corrupt. So ONLY the GOP did all they could to keep people from voting?? Have you heard about the New Black Panther Party members (Democrats) intimidating voters in Pennsylvania during both the 2008 and 2012 elections?? Here's one video (of several), not to mention there are many news articles about the matter:

Don't you understand that by allowing 'them' to keep us divided (as in one party's good, one party's evil), they get to continue on with their corruption??? "They" want the divisiveness to continue! "We the People" need to join hearts, hands and minds on the issues we agree upon...turn this country around to how it was created (A Republic)...and worry about the rest of the issues later...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is an attempt to end-run the voting that'll take place next year for the House and Senate.

Hasn't this administration already shown itself to do nothing but cheat and lie at every turn?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I don't get how people can't comprehend the simple fact that the commoner's vote is irrelevant to electing a president. The electoral college decides who becomes president. If you're not a delegate your vote is worthless simple as that. It's sad, but true. That's one part of the problem and as someone else stated those electronic voting machines (Diebold) is far from accurate/honest.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I said it in the OP. The intention seems good, but the intent of this man is always hidden in a lie.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I agree something needs to be done...not sure why some states vote earlier than others but regardless of the reason neighboring states may have people vote in both states...it's an issue

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Obama is not the/your real problem folks! Back away from your self visions and look past the ends of your noses. The real "Decider(s) in Chief" are nowhere near the White House. Our World is manipulated by powers beyond party & politics. The sooner people realize the extent to which we're are piece's in a game of Good and Evil, ran by the wealthiest and most powerful families on the planet, the better. If you sincerely open your eyes and allow yourselves to see and be teachable it becomes very apparent, the office of the U.S. President is controlled by outside influences and certain families/organizations exert profound influence, far beyond that which should ever be afforded a minority of citizens. Look at the mess made of our election system with the 2000 and 2004 presidential race and in If you look at our current levels of "Police State" you cannot ignore the fact W and his Cabal royally screwed the American people with his Rights trampling Patriot Act, which was passed , largely along partisan lines. So, who's really responsible for those eyes in the skies, making the paranoid rational? Liberals are the last to want our civil rights eroded, they look for oportunities to allow the minorities and/or fringe (non-violent) to have a voice. In my humble opinion, Obama is a GOOD MAN, trying his very best to steer our disabled nation out of dangerous waters, all the while he's blocked at every turn and condemened for his every action. Thankless job for a ungratefull nation.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

There are republicans in some states trying to allow the electoral collage to vote for whom ever they want rather than who wins the popular vote in that state. Do you consider that cheating? Redisticting? Don't missunderstand I do not stand on either side of the isle. And yes this executive order does have a stink to it. As long as the oversite is from both sides they will bicker and argue and not accomplish anything of importance. As long as people keep pointing fingers at one side or the other they will both get away this type of thing. As a result we the people suffer.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
We will never have fair and transparent and representative government until every Democrat and every Republican is removed from office. Democrats and Republicans conspire together to scam, defraud, and extort money from the American tax payers and give it to their friends, family, and campaign contributors. Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. It is a filthy currency tarnished by greed and corruption that will no longer purchase honest representation for the American citizen.

The true patriot is not the man who supports a corrupt government. The true patriot is the man who defends the Constitution against that corrupt government.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Nothing stopped Democrats voting. Heck, many of them managed to vote multiple times, even the ones who were dead!

Why do you think Voter ID is the great love of the Republicans and the great hate of the Democrats?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OBone

So Obama is a good man, Ok, show me something that he has done good or even one thing he has said that is the truth or one thing he has said that is not manipulative. Show me anything one thing and I will agree with you.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OBone

Originally posted by OBone....Look at the mess made of our election system with the 2000 and 2004 presidential race and in If you look at our current levels of "Police State" you cannot ignore the fact W and his Cabal royally screwed the American people with his Rights trampling Patriot Act, which was passed , largely along partisan lines. So, who's really responsible for those eyes in the skies, making the paranoid rational? Liberals are the last to want our civil rights eroded, they look for oportunities to allow the minorities and/or fringe (non-violent) to have a voice. In my humble opinion, Obama is a GOOD MAN, trying his very best to steer our disabled nation out of dangerous waters, all the while he's blocked at every turn and condemened for his every action. Thankless job for a ungratefull nation.

Yeah right, he's such a good man that he extended the Patriot Act, signed into law NDAA, SOPA, and the "Monsanto Protection Act"

Liberals don't want our civil rights violated? Definitely the hardest I've LOLd all day. I guess I really didn't need that assault weapon with 30rd mag afterall.

edit on 31-3-2013 by wills120 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2013 by wills120 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
As long as they fix that madness that went down in Florida I'm cool with this. No one should wait longer than 6 hours to vote. It doesn't make any sense.

new topics

top topics

join