It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Weeks to Renew an Existing Driver's License, Coming to Your State Soon!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
At least we know you are who you say you are.

Nothing wrong with Real ID. I applaud its implementation and have yet to see a reasonable argument against it.

I have one, it is none of their damned business where I live, what my bank account info is, what the terms of my lease are, or any of the other crap they want.

I am an american, I am aloud to live off the grid if I want, this is just more drwconian control crap, where they want to know everything about everyone.

Dee, it was the same for me in indiana, which is one of my reasons for moving to texas, I closed all my bank accounts, cancelled all my utilities etc.....

I like being anonymous citizen x, I will be able to, or I will move to where I can. None of this frap is their business.

At the indiana dmv when I asked the lady behind the counter what reasons they have to know anything except ky name and address, she said " so if you are accussed of being a terrorist, they can freeze all your assets sieze your property ane arrest you all in one afternoon."

Disgusting.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I keep searching for a link to the Supreme Court overturning the Real ID act, but can't find it. If that were so, then why would anyone be complying and it would mean that Obama has gutted the Supreme Court by carrying illegal things further?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Some of you guys are so ridiculous and petty about the blame here. "Waaah! It's Obummer and his nanny state coming to make our lives harder! Waaaah! Good thing I live in a freedom fry red state!"

Get a grip. It's the paranoid freedom fry philosophy that implemented this in the first place. The law was written by Jim Sensenbrenner, a republican, and it was signed by George Bush.

So don't even try to blame this crap on Obama or "blue states" or "progressive liberals". Gods, some of you guys are too much some times.

Originally posted by RedbeardedFoo
Barack Obama and his administration love to suck cock, so much cock that they forgot what a real cock tastes like, that's why barack loves to suck michelles fermented demon cock so much, # em all!

cock= chicken
edit on 30-3-2013 by RedbeardedFoo because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by retirednature
I can actually be proud to say I live in a red state! But hey, even blue states are in good hands according to these maps.

Originally posted by joeyv23
reply to post by sonnny1

I gave more than enough of my blood to the govt when I enlisted in the Navy. I don't normally get sick, and therefore don't go to the Dr's Office. I wont bring my issues about Obummercare here, but I will say that if somebody comes at me with a needle asking for my blood, in THIS day and age... I may forget my pacifist ways ...

edit on 3/30/2013 by joeyv23 because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by sonnny1

I think all of this is leading to scannable health histories, ala obozocare, and the obozocare is administered by the IRS - if you haven't paid your taxes, gotten you mandated vaccines, are considered a criminal (are they going to use them for "universal ID checks to buy not only guns, but ammo?"

Papers, please. to do just about anything? Buy groceries? "Let me scan your ID"

Sounds crazy? Look what's happening already.

edit on 30-3-2013 by Cuervo because: Added examples...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm glad I opted for the 10 year license when I moved to GA in 2010. While I do have my original BC, it is a pain to HAVE to submit originals. Why wouldn't a passport be good enough? It confirms citizenship AND identity.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Personally I don't think it matters who put it in, its invasive and outrageous. We just bring in our renewal, and old drivers liscence, can't remember if social insurance card or care card too were required. And the renewal is not needed.

For those wtthout original documents, they would have to pay more, for each piece of replaced ID, and have to have original fullsize, not wallet size, sent out, and also lost marriage and divorce certificates, same thing. This could take many months of replacing documents and many dollars later, and its outrageous.

In fact due to all the extra costs of procuring documents, it seems to be a money grab more than anything.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I keep searching for a link to the Supreme Court overturning the Real ID act, but can't find it. If that were so, then why would anyone be complying and it would mean that Obama has gutted the Supreme Court by carrying illegal things further?

Nice try but Obama is opposed to the Real ID Act and so is Janet Nopalitano, his appointed head of Homeland Security. As I said before, you can thank the GOP for this glorious little piece of legislation.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Georgia is very solidly a red state. Our Governor is Nathal Deal.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I absolutely concur with what you say. I had to go through the same thing recently. I had a xerox machine copy of my original birth certificate that was held by the state. The worker at the desk in the DMV argued with me and said that the copy I had which shows the seal and notary signature wasn't good enough and that they (state) NEVER gave people black and white copies. What a fat lie! I have had that copy in my filing cabinet for 20 years! I have used it to get a new SS card that got wet by accident and my last drivers license. They wouldn't even take the last drivers license as a form of ID proving my birth. It was the fairly new ones too that was plastic had a bar code on it and had a laser hologram across it. So here I was 2 days away from my license expiring, with no way to get a new one without having a new birth certificate.

After filling out all the forms paying $20.00 more and waiting a week or so to finally get it. Second trip to the DMV the same bastard that argued with me about the birth certificate basically rubs the surface of the certificate to verify that it's genuine, then proceeds to COPY it for their files! This is after he argued with me that they don't take copies of originals! Then they take a picture and hand me a black and white piece of paper that says temporary license till I get my new one. All of which can be easily forged and already looked more fake then my last original license! They honestly expect people to wait for a birth certificate from the state and drive illegally while they perform their shakedown for more money.

edit on 30-3-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Read above post, Obama is put in as current president, I don't support him or Bush. I don't vote in Canada either, but if I do its NDP always. Not until real citizens form local groups and really grow up and start to solve problems and there is no more slavery and this world the Venus Project run grass roots is in, all else is highly illegal, against basic common laws of thou shalt not harm others, and banks, realtors selling the land that belongs to the people back to them is MAJOR HARM. Slavery is ILLEGAL.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Nothing wrong with Real ID. I applaud its implementation and have yet to see a reasonable argument against it.

This whole thread is a reasonable argument against it.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Cuervo

Georgia is very solidly a red state. Our Governor is Nathal Deal.

It looks like Georgia requires a Wave of Common Sense.

Hopefully it will arrive soon.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Personally I don't think it matters who put it in,

Oh but it does matter! The very same people who are constantly ranting about a government that's too intrusive are the ones sponsoring and passing this type of legislation and it's imperative that be properly identified. Especially by those who continue to insist that the Real ID Act is an Obama initiative. What a joke!

its invasive and outrageous.

Yes it is and so is today's republican party. The real question is; "How many times does somebody have to hit you over the head before you look to see who's hitting you?"

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by links234

This whole thread is a reasonable argument against it.

Yes, exactly!

Who is kidding who?

Can't a real terrorist purchase a Fake ID?

Watch - The Jackal - starring Bruce Willis.

The American people should not have to go through all of this nonsense.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I wrote current president's name and you think it matters. This is about: an invasive law, and would love the Supreme Court to have overturned as that one wrote. Couldn't find any articles about it. We don't have it here in Canada. It would force so much money to be spent sending for replacement documents and take so long that it would be sickening.

Who the hell would allow a police state where you show your little scannable card that has everything on it like that? Papers please! "Yes officer, I hope you under stand , ie stand under your employer class citizen, for you work for me, I will be handing you a paper, its a certified citizens review of your job and possible firing and arrest for fascism!" That should be everyone's response! We should make Tshirts up like that!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Sounds like time for massive civil non-compliance.
Take your real ID and shove it.
oh, and keep the chip. I;m not taking it.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Here's the GA list of required documents.

www.dds.ga.gov...

Looks like I'll have everything when the time comes.

Hefficide... You say you can only get a photocopy. Ask that they make it a certified photocopy with a raised seal. Pay if you have to.

Gotta wonder though. With these very stringent requirements, are they actively TRYING to make people illegal aliens within their (our) own country? If you can't absolutely prove your citizenship, for whatever reason, you won't get an ID. If you don't have an ID, then when the time comes, and imo, it is coming, you'll have no 'papers' when the American SS Gestapo asks for them. If you have no papers, you get arrested.

Is this the way they're going to slim down the population? Are those 'rumors' of FEMA camps no rumors at all?

Well... This is a conspiracy website, after all.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This invasion of privacy is also taking place in the UK in a very underhand way.
the UK government tried to introduce biometric id cards and got put in their place because no one wanted them, so they seem to have gone about it a different way.
More and more I find I am needing two forms of certified photo id for silly mundane things (which I don't have) this has become such an inconvenience recently that I eventually gave in and decided to renew my driving license, which I have had for 25+ years for a photo type license, an easy enough task I would have thought being on the system for so long but not so.
After a lot of messing about they would only except a passport as proof of who I am (I don't have a passport), so I thought OK , I need two forms of id so I may as well get one.
Because I have never had one this turned into a nightmare trying to prove I am who I am (my ORIGINAL birth certificate was not acceptable).
I had to provide ridiculous amounts of information about myself which eventually culminated in an hour long grilling at the passport office where they found it suspect that I had never had one (like it's a criminal offence to not have left the country).
Took about 3 months to get all this sorted and they now have lots of info stored about me that I feel they have no right to.
The point being that i have been backed into a corner on this and they now have biometric data on me (my face) regardless of me liking this or not.
Couple this with the new tec that's available now for tracking you on CCTV (for "marketing information" ) using facial recognition in shopping centres and the "smart cctv " that is being introduced on the street cams and I think big brother is well and truly here

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndthought

Of course no one has to have the original, for most have lost them. What they really mean is to pay for the replacement and pay pay pay through the nose for certifiable stamps. Its a money grab.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Sounds like time for massive civil non-compliance.
Take your real ID and shove it.
oh, and keep the chip. I;m not taking it.

Work around.

Live in Georgia?

Move to Montana.....sort of.

Buy a very small house there. Get a Montana Drivers License. Spend 11 months back

in Georgia. When pulled over just show your brand new Montana Drivers License.

"I'm just visiting a friend."

Sounds legal to me.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I realize these new id/licenses are scannable and have a fair amount of info on them, but still they're needed at this time.

However, if or when the time comes that a scannable card becomes a mandatory implanted chip, you won't find me living amongst the general population. That will be my cue to go off the grid.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join