It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Weeks to Renew an Existing Driver's License, Coming to Your State Soon!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I have sympathy for anyone who has had to deal with Grady Memorial. I had to go there for a special blood and urine test for mercury poisoning that was not done anywhere else nearby. The place was a pit. There was dust still on the registers in the room I was in that must have been covering up more dust left over from the civil war. The paint was old and peeling and the whole place looked like something I would have expected to see in some third world hell hole instead of in the heart of one of America's major cities.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
god i have been waiting for this topic lol
my girlfriend went thru this in 2011 she went to get meds for her daughter well her DL was expired & she went to her local DMV in fla & they wanted her BC wellll her BC only has ----------- smith for a name , turns out her parents took her home from the new jersey hospital without naming her , yea thats not going to be a problem

well it started , she needed records from her elementry school or her baptism records lol nobody keeps them for 35 years!!!!!!!!!!!!

so she went round & round and get this,since she was born in new jersey she called them & they swore they would put her first name on the B/C and send her the certified copy ....well it showed up & fedex held it for her she get it & on the front of the package is her FULL NAME & address on it & she opened it & it was a certifed copy that said FEMALE SMIITH
LOL so again she was on the phone with new jersey for 3 hours & again they said they would change it , well they did & a year later she got her licence renewed

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Homeland Security bows to Real ID outcry

Obama administration blinks and extends Real ID deadline to January 2013, after dozens of states protest the requirements of the controversial law.

Real ID Act

Americans will be able to use their driver's licenses after May 11 to travel by air after all.

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security today postponed the effective date of the Real ID Act until January 15, 2013, a move that avoided causing tremendous disruptions to air travel.

The reason Homeland Security granted the delay is that, apart from some Republican stalwarts in Congress, this law creating a digital nationalized ID is hardly popular, with critics calling it a national ID card. A chart (PDF) updated last month by the National Conference of State Legislatures lists 16 states, including Arizona, Georgia, Oregon, and Washington, with laws forbidding them to comply with Real ID and 8 states, including Colorado, Hawaii, and Illinois, that have enacted resolutions effectively boycotting it.

Once the regulations take full effect, the impact on Americans would be dramatic: Residents of the 24 states mentioned above would not be able to simply use their driver's license to fly or to enter a federal building such as a courthouse, even for jury duty. U.S. passports or military IDs, however, would remain valid for identification.

It's Democrats and Republicans, both, to blame for this growing invasion of personal data mining idiocy.....

As they continue to fight their personal battles, for personal power, on the hill...it's the people of America that lose, everything.....

Des

edit on 30-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm in FL and had to do this a couple years ago. If I hadn't just gotten a passport it would have been an even bigger pain but I already had all the documentation so it didn't take long at all. It took longer to get my birth certificate than my passport or DL. That was tricky to get!

I was so pissed that i had to prove who I was and that i was a citizen. I had a passport for 10yrs prior yet somehow I still had to prove who I was. It is just ridiculous.

My DL has a star on it now that apparently means I've proven I am who I say I am. Oh yay.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

What they have done now is compile all that information into one location and connect it with any biometric information they can/have collect(ed) on you.

You think the DHS or other shadow agency doesn't have some sort of master database of information already?

They do not, which is why they are compiling it now under the Real ID.

Now they also require all your medical records online

No they don't.

Yes, they require it and pushed hard for this to be already completed. My doctor HATES computers, and had to comply with this despite his inability to even preform basic windows functions.

Electronic Medical Records Deadline
For physicians who either have not adopted certified EHR / EMR systems or cannot demonstrate “meaningful use” by the EMR deadline in 2015, Medicare reimbursements will be reduced by 1%. The deduction rate increases in subsequent years by 2% in 2016, 3% in 2017, 4% in 2018, and up to 95% depending on future adjustments.

and most of your financial records are also traceable through online sources

If you choose to sign up and pay your bills online........

regardless of whether or not you sign up for online banking, your record tracking is still online. That is how institutions across the world can access each others bank data for transactions. You signing up for “online bill pay” has nothing to do with this one way or the other.

Before, this all your documents where stored in different places, some of which were local, or even in your personal possession.

Even if everything were on the internet, they're still all in diff places. The internet isn't one place.

Its not all in separate places its all being made part of the DMV database, which you can guarantee will be used and copied by other government organizations. The FBI, for example is also setting up a Facial Recognition Database, which will extract FR data from both law enforcement and DMV sources.

Obviously if they had all these documents, they wouldn't need to you to provide them when you showed up to get your license now would they?

Uh...they're asking you for information in order for you to prove who you are to them. Unless they have your fingerprints or some other biological identifier, then you're gonna have to do that. They aren't doing it to collect the data they ALREADY have on you.

Eyeball scan or give them your birth certificate, choose one.

there is no constitutional right granted to them to require any such information to issue me a drivers license, and it has never been that way in the past. The drivers license is being used as a convenient way to slip in a national ID card, which has been repeatedly rejected in the past as a major violation of our rights.

Now, not only are they using that as an excuse to put in a national ID system, but they are already putting in place the tracking infrastructure that this is ultimately being used for. States like mine, and specifically my county, are being used at testbeds for this tracking system. Hillsborough and Pinellas county are the first in the nation to be installing Facial recognition Traffic Cameras, Mobile FR stations in police vehicles, etc...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

And...unless they change the specific requirements of the Real ID Act. You'll have to do it all over again, every 15 years. That is the way it is written now. I was absolutely shocked, to be told this yesterday at my DMV. I too, thought it was all over and done with, I could put all those documents away, and out of mind. Nope...needed to file them in a place I would be able to find them all again easily, for next time.

Plus, I was told, if my name changes for any reason, I would be required to provide original documentation to show the trail of that name change. I've decided to never get married again, for that reason alone.

Des

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

That is the truth defcon. That is why the States that are complying with the Real ID Act, are now using the special FR Blue Screen for taking your photos at the DMV for a DL.

Plus, it was 2 cameras taking my photo yesterday. A neat little complex set-up, mounted side by side. I was told twice to look up, no smiling, and straight into the camera on the right.

Des

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

You mean the documents the gov gave me to begin with? My SSN and birth certificate......which you have to have to get a drivers license in any state.
There's no other way to prove you are that person signing up for an ID without those documents.

You are struggling under the false impression that your drivers license was intended to be primarily an identification document, and its not. Its purpose is to prove that you are qualified to drive a car, not prove your identity. It has fallen into common usage as an identity document, which is why they are now trying to ram a national ID system on the public through the DL system.

So let's see here, you're upset the gov is scanning your birth certificate that the government gave you in the first place.......hm.. Creepy gov trying to scan their own government documents.

The government does not have my birth certificate, and didn't issue it, a hospital did.
I have the original copy of my birth certificate.

The government demanding it in order to drive is a violation of my Forth Amendment Rights:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

...And my states Constitution Article One, Section 12:

SECTION 12. Searches and seizures.—The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures, and against the unreasonable interception of private communications by any means, shall not be violated. No warrant shall be issued except upon probable cause, supported by affidavit, particularly describing the place or places to be searched, the person or persons, thing or things to be seized, the communication to be intercepted, and the nature of evidence to be obtained. This right shall be construed in conformity with the 4th Amendment to the United States Constitution, as interpreted by the United States Supreme Court. Articles or information obtained in violation of this right shall not be admissible in evidence if such articles or information would be inadmissible under decisions of the United States Supreme Court construing the 4th Amendment to the United States Constitution.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
Doesn't change the fact that if you already have an existing, valid SC drivers license here, it takes less than an hour to have a new one issued. Period.

If you go in to the office and they take your photo, you will be scanned into the Facial Recognition Format and entered into the database. Your documents will similarly be scanned and filed in the same system.

If this does not happen, it means one of two things.
1) You have already done it with or without your knowledge.
2) You got lucky and got to renew online this last time. The next time you will have to go provide your documents and new photograph. The deadlines are 2013 and 2017 depending on your age.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I had to bring in my ORIGINAL, NOT A COPY, Birth Certificate. I'm 62 years old, and it took some time to find that document.

Just so you know, and I don't know if this has been cleared up, but the way you make it sound is deceiving. It CAN BE A COPY as long as it is A GOVERNMENT CERTIFIED COPY.

What I mean by this is that you have to go and get a legitimate certified copy from the state if you have lost your birth certificate, it doesn't have to be THE original certificate they gave when you were born.

They just don't want people bringing in self-scanned copies on printer paper of their birth certificate, that's what they mean by that.

edit: Looks like it has been cleared up, lol.
edit on 30-3-2013 by garbageface because: edit for fun

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by WaterBottle

Oh I have those but she clearly said in the OP you need the original.

You need an original or a certified copy from the government. People try to come in there with xeroxed copies, hence "not a copy" mantra.

When she said copies I assumed it was just that, certified copies & not a Xerox copy from a Staples. Who would think a Xerox copy of a BC would be valid anywhere, ever.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Here is a crude drawing of what they are doing down here.
The Orange dots are “red light” cameras that face the rear of your car, and are typically placed behind the intersection on the side of the traffic.

The Blue dots are “Intersection control cameras” that give a 360 degree view of the intersection to check for accidents, traffic, etc.

The Red Squares are the new “Facial Recognition Cameras” that point into your windshield, and hook into the DMV database.

This is the image that they capture:

Which then breaks the face down into a unique set of measurements in “real time” as such:

As it is simply a number when broken down, its is queried against all the other numbers in the DMV database within seconds, and your location is logged, flagged for law enforcement, or other more nefarious things.

Sheriff’s Dept. Confirms Real ID Drivers Licenses Now Part Of Facial Recognition System
FBI begins installation of $1 billion face recognition system across America

Seriously folks, people better start waking up to what they are actually doing with this system before its too late to do anything about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

BINGO! These stooges are all hand picked before the votes are counted. It does NOT matter which party you are affiliated with, vote for or are partial too. The elitist bastards already have the winner in their pocket. Bush was a joke. Obama is a joke. Your next president will be a joke. Why ... because they are all groomed at the same IDIOT FACTORY. They all got WHORE implants and holes in their asses that the real puppeteers use to control them.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
I accuse any Amerikan ATS'er not flagging this thread GUILTY. Guilty of LIHOP.

F&S.

Really? Were guilty of letting these laws get slipped by us for not flagging this thread?

I have a better idea, actually go sign what petition you can and even better, just don't renew your drivers license.

Get enough people to stop renewing they're licenses/possibly fighting the reason why in court, and that will get the point across.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks very much for the heads up, if I start now I might get everything right the first go thanks to you! I had no idea about this - but I am sure it will happen in TN (if not already)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot
They won't inconvenience or "weed out" illegal aliens or any lock-step Democrat voter group.

You should NEVER willingly bend to oppression because there will always be the next ratcheting-up coming. Obviously.

Where is the Federal Governments standing in STATE drivers' licenses anyway? Not there, and this back-door method to usurp states' rights again should not be tolerated.

Speaking of lock-step Democrats - I looked up the original bill H.R. 418 of the 109th Congress.

beta.congress.gov...

The bill has 140 co-sponsers. All but two of them are Republican. Lock-Step gentlemen?

Introduced by a Republican, signed into law by G. Bush II.

A nice conservative - Federalist Law.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Already made a thread that the mayor of New York said those cameras are going up "whether you like it or not"

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

That's the whole government attitude regarding this Act. Its coming from way up the food chain, and we are not being given any say in the matter despite it violating both state and national constitutions. The fact that Oklahoma and Missouri have passed very strong laws against this, yet they ignored those laws and implemented it anyway should scare the heck out of everyone. The fact that religious organizations who have always received “no photo” exceptions are being forced to comply, in violation of the First Amendment and RFRA. Folks better start paying some attention to this, because the way that its being forced on us should tell you that its NOT being done for benevolent reasons.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I don't know about the rest of you but this is my personal line in the sand. I won't be providing tax statements, mortgage papers or anything similar to renew my drivers license. I've had enough and it stops here.

If they tell me I have too, I'll tell them to make me and face whatever that provides as a freedom loving American with my chin and head held high.

No way man, no way.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Bizarre but not unprecedented.
As an expat living overseas I have had to deal with Passport renewals and DL renewals,birth abroad of my children etc so I am sitting pretty good on documents.

By the sounds of what the Op went through it seems like my current country of residence has copied and translated the Real ID act. It was not a problem -I do not drive here-but it made getting a bank account incredibly difficult.
The banking laws require ID(local),proof of residence,and proof of taxes paid to open an account.

The trouble I had was with no bank account I could not get paid.
With no bank account I could not get utilities hooked up.
With no utilities I could not generate proof of address.
With no proof of address I could not get a bank account.

Some strings were pulled and they relented. However - I suspect that Real ID back home in the States has nothing to do with illegals or terrorists,but with the same reason given to me here.
Money laundering ,money transfers and taxes. Does anyone remember a few years back,the law that went into effect regarding gold purchases above 1000 dollars? You had to show ID and the purchase was reported to some agency.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join