It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighbor complains about a Marine Flying his Flag...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You do realize that a sign of distress is flying the flag upside down? and the Supreme Court has ruled that it is political speech to do so also.....

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by POXUSA

Yes, I smelled the liberal stink too. It would be one thing if the landlord said he didn't want a flag, or if it really was an undinished deck, but this is just a flag and the complaint coming from the neighbor.

"I can't sleep because of the flag snapping in the breeze! And looking out at the celebration of history and rugged individualism makes other Party members question our total submission and obedience to Obama! Officer, do something."

Yeah, there's a guy who rents a street over from me who has a big 82nd flag on the side of his garage. The only thing I say is "# yeah."

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

No, I didn't know about the distress part.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rom12345

You do seem to have strong opinions on this for being so indifferent.

Beyond that, I have a couple issues with this. One is, if it was a neighbor that narced him out, how did that neighbor know he didn't have a permit? Something smells fishy there.

Two. As is happening across the country these days, city and state governments are making us pay for pretty much everything. On the one hand, they need the cash. On the other hand, we have the choice to avoid those charges. I wouldn't pay $300 for a permit to erect a $30 pole.

Instead, and to be just as patriotic, hang that flag from an angled pole mounted on the side of the house. If someone complains about that, then we can talk about the trampling of individual rights and the threats to our republic.

As for the Marine in this story. If he chooses to pay the fee, I hope he can also find a contractor that would donate his time to come out, pat the ground around the pole, then tell the city council that the pole is properly installed and up to code.

If, of course, it is.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
reply to post by rickymouse

You do realize that a sign of distress is flying the flag upside down? and the Supreme Court has ruled that it is political speech to do so also.....

Flying a flag upside down outside your home as a signal of distress is far too ambiguous to be of any use. What if my neighbour is a complete clown and gets distressed at the drop of a hat?

<< 2  3  4   >>

join