It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Soldier Charged With Aiding Terrorist Groups father says he worked for the CIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Eric Harroun. a former American soldier was charged Thursday with fighting alongside a terrorist group that is battling the Syrian government of President Bashar al-Assad.

He served in the United States Army from 2000 to 2003 and is accused of entering Syria in January and participating in attacks on Assad forces led by the Al Nusra Front,and American officials are saying thats an Al Qaeda linked terrorist group in Iraq

He's charges with conspiring to use a destructive device outside the United States,” a crime that can carry a life sentence

He told an FBI agent that he was part of an “R.P.G. team,” firing rocket-propelled grenades, which qualify as a “destructive device” under the law

He posted on his facebook "the only good Zionist is a dead Zionist."he also told the F.B.I. that “he hated Al Qaeda, that he did not know any Al Qaeda members, and that he would fight against any regime if it imposed Sharia law in Syria because he was opposed to all forms of oppression.”

Now his father is saying its all bs and he was woking for the CIA he says his son is a ‘patriotic’ American who would never get involved with al-Qaeda and he was gathering information for the US government..

His father goes on to say "I know he was doing some work for the CIA over there,” and “I know for a fact that he was passing information onto the CIA.”

About 99 percent of that stuff that you read on there is a bunch of bull,” he said. “I don’t think there’s any truth in any of this – he’s very patriotic”

www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — A former American soldier was charged Thursday with fighting alongside a terrorist group that is battling the Syrian government of President Bashar al-Assad, whose ouster the United States has sought for nearly two years.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Obviously as a father he is giving his son the benefit of the doubt. I think its a clear case of denial and proves nothing.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I'm a little surprised he told his dad he was working for the CIA (if he was). I'm further surprised that he didn't pull out identification or request contact with the Agency, Embassy, or someone, to verify his story and make the whole thing go away.

It doesn't feel right from the little information I have.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Mmmm... this American "Jihadi" guy they are now waving around sounds a lot lot like the two American Al Qaida guys they wave around too at times.... and they are both good Jewish boys!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have spent quite a bit of time studying Al-Nursra and even have a thread on the group and i have to say the idea that the CIA would be working with them just doesn’t fit in with what i know about the group. I think this is just a father in denial, I mean are we really supposed to believed that a CIA SAD operative would be so blasé when it comes to operational security that he would be posting his adventures on Facebook?

To me logic would dictate that this guy is not CIA but all the same this does make for a very interesting story.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
"He's charges with conspiring to use a destructive device outside the United States,” a crime that can carry a life sentence "

Strange law.. So no American is allowed to use a destructive force outside of the US ...funny rule

Well let the arrests start...

Soldiers
Contracters (as in Blackwater etc)
Miners with Dynamite
Etc..

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Do I watch too many movies... Or does the CIA use people with "If you get caught we deny every involvement" tactics?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Dear EartOccupant,

That's a good point, thanks.

I think it depends on the circumstances, though. One extreme example might be the CIA killing of a sitting head of government. The US would definitely do all in it's power to seperate itself from the killer.

In this case? The world already knows that we are supporting the rebels against Assad, and not just with words. I believe that the mid-east nations expect CIA or Special Forces activities in Syria. There's no real secret to hide, so no reason to write off an agent.

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

join